Chinese company Lifan is a large corporation,, uniting a variety of industries: from low-volume motorcycles to buses. At the same time, it is also a supplier of engines for a large number of small firms producing agricultural equipment and small motor transport.
According to the general tradition of the Chinese industry, instead of their own development, a successful sample, usually Japanese, is copied.
No exception and widespread engine 168F family, installed on a large number of power tillers, cultivators, portable generators and motor-pumps: the Honda GX200 engine served as a model for its creation.
Its cylinder is made in one piece with the engine crankcase, which, despite the theoretical possibility of replacing the cast-iron sleeve, significantly reduces its maintainability when the cylinder head is worn.
The motor has forced air cooling, the performance of which is sufficient when working in a hot climate, even under heavy loads.
At the same time, the specific fuel consumption of these engines is 395 g / kWh. i.e. per hour of operation at a rated power of 4 kW (5.4 hp) at 2500 rpm, they, with the correct settings of the carburetor, will consume 1.1 litres of fuel per hour of operation.
Currently, the 168F engine family includes seven models with various options of a complete set and the connecting sizes,
The general which have the following characteristics:
- Dimension of the cylinder (diameter / stroke): 68 × 54 mm;
- Working volume: 196 cm³;
- Maximum output power: 4.8 kW at 3600 rpm;
- Power Rating: 4 kW at 2500 rpm;
- Maximum torque: 1.1 N m at 2500 rpm;
- Fuel tank capacity: 3.6 l;
- The volume of engine oil in the crankcase: 0.6 l.
Engine option equipped lighting coil, able to power consumers up to 90 watts. This allows you to use it on a variety of equipment that requires the presence of lighting devices: motor-towers, light swamps, and so on. Shaft bore diameter. 20 mm.
The power unit has tapered shaft output, differs from the base model only by the conical groove of the crankshaft nose, which provides a more accurate and tight fit of the pulleys.
This engine has integrated reduction gear with a bore diameter of 22 mm.
The motor is also equipped reduction gear, but with automatic centrifugal clutch, and the size of the landing gearbox secondary shaft. 20 mm.
As is clear from the labelling, this version of the engine, in addition to the reduction gear with an automatic clutch mechanism, has seven-ampere light coil.
Most expensive option motor differs not only increased in diameter of the output shaft of the gearbox to 22 mm, but also the presence electric starter. In this case, the rectifier required to ensure battery charging is not included in the package.
Engine repair sooner or later awaits any walker, let it be Cayman, Patriot, Texas, Foreman, Viking, Forza or some other. Procedure it disassembly and troubleshooting is simple and does not require any special tools.
It should be noted that the manufacturer does not specify specific wear limits for troubleshooting any engine components.
Therefore, the dimensions below are indicated by analogy with other four-stroke air-cooled engines:
- Drain the oil from the crankcase and the gearbox (if installed), removing the drain plugs, and the remaining fuel from the gas tank.
- Remove the fuel tank, muffler and air filter.
- Disconnect the carburetor, attached to the cylinder head with two studs.
- Remove the manual starter mechanism and fan shroud.
- Fixing the flywheel with an improvised tool so as not to damage the fan blades, turn off fixing his nut.
- After this three-legged universal puller compress the flywheel from the landing cone.
- If the start is caused by poor start and reduced engine power, check if the keyway is not broken, as in this case the flywheel will shift and the ignition advance angle, determined by the magnetic mark on it, will change.
- Remove the ignition coil and lighting winding, if available on the motor.
- Unscrewing the bolts of the valve cover, remove the four cylinder head bolts, located under this cover, and remove the head. To check the tightness of the valves, turn the head upwards with the combustion chamber and fill it with kerosene.
- If kerosene does not appear in the inlet or outlet channel of the head for a minute, the tightness of the valves can be considered satisfactory, otherwise they should be rubbed with an abrasive paste to the seats or (if a burnout is detected) replace.
- On models equipped gearbox, remove its cover and remove the secondary shaft, and then press the drive gear or sprocket from the crankshaft (depending on the type of gearbox). Gears that have a noticeable development in the tooth, replace.
- Unscrew the bolts holding the back cover around the perimeter, and remove it, then you can remove the camshaft from the crankcase.
- Thus freeing up the space in the crankcase, unscrew the bolts, connecting the bottom cover of the connecting rod with its body, remove the cover and crankshaft.
- In carter push the piston together with the connecting rod.
If there are any play in the bearings, replace them. Also, since the repair dimensions of the parts are not provided, they are replaced by new ones:
- Connecting rod: with increased radial backlash on the crankshaft neck;
- Crankshaft: when teasing on the crank neck;
- Carter: with significant (more than 0.1 mm) wear of the cylinder mirror in the greatest place;
- Piston: mechanical damage (chips, scoring due to overheating);
- Piston rings: with an increase in the gap in the joint of over 0.2 mm, if the cylinder mirror itself does not have production reaching the limit of rejection, as well as with a noticeable burn of engine oil.
Before reassembly lubricate all rubbing partsand clean engine oil, and clean the carbon-coated surfaces of the combustion chamber and the piston head in order to reduce the heat load of these places. The motor is assembled in the reverse order of assembly.
For grinding grain, a special device is used. the Kolos grain crusher, which is produced at the Rotor plant. You can familiarize yourself with this inexpensive and reliable grain crusher.
Snowmobile sleighs are a must-have attribute of comfortable winter long-distance travel. Follow the link to learn how to make a sleigh with your own hands.
When installing the camshaft, be sure to align the mark on its gear with the same mark on the crankshaft gear.
Pull the cylinder head bolts evenly crosswise in two passes, the final moment should be 24 N m The flywheel nut is pulled by the moment. 70 N m and the connecting rod bolts are 12 N m
After assembly of the engine, as well as regularly during operation (every 300 hours) it is necessary to adjust the valve clearances.
The order of operations:
- Set the piston to the top dead center of the compression stroke (as there are no marks on the flywheel, check it with a thin object inserted into the candle hole). It is important not to confuse TDC compression with TDC release. the valve must be closed!
- After loosening the locknut, turn the nut in the middle of the rocker to adjust the clearance for the corresponding valve, then lock the locknut. The gap set using a flat probe should be 0.15 mm at the intake valve and 0.2 mm at the exhaust valve.
- Having turned the crankshaft exactly two turns, re-check the clearances. their deviation from the installed ones can mean a large play of the camshaft in the bearings.
Of the many units that have the engine Lifan 6.5 hp, the most common tiller “Salut-100”.
But for cultivating it is quite good at the expense of the sectional milling cutters, which allow changing the width of treatment from 300 to 800 mm depending on the severity of the soil.
Great advantage tiller “Salute-100” over a number of classmates is the use of gear reducer, more reliable than the chain. The gearbox, which has two forward and one reverse speed, is additionally equipped with a reduction gear.
The Salyut tiller does not have a differential, but a narrow wheel track (360 mm) in combination with a small weight does not make its turn to labour-intensive.
- Section Mills with protective discs;
- Expander sleeves gauge;
- Bracket rear linkage;
- Tool kit;
- Spare belt.
It can be additionally equipped with a plow, a blade, a snow blower, metal wheels with developed lugs and other equipment widely compatible with most domestic motor-blocks.
Engine oil for tiller “Salute” with the engine Lifan need to apply only low viscosity (index of high-temperature viscosity is not more than 30, in hot conditions. 40).
This is due to the fact that in order to simplify the design of the engine it does not have an oil pump, and lubrication is carried out by splashing the oil on a rotating crankshaft.
Viscous engine oil will lead to deterioration of lubrication and increased engine wear, especially its most loaded sliding friction pair in the lower connecting rod head.
over, since the low level of forcing of this engine does not make high demands on the quality of engine oil, you can use the cheapest automotive oils with viscosity 0W-30, 5W-30 or during prolonged use on heat. 5W-40.
As a rule, oils of such viscosity have a synthetic basis, but there are also semi-synthetic and even mineral.
At almost the same price, semi-synthetic oil for air-cooled engines is preferable to the mineral.
It forms less high-temperature deposits that worsen the heat removal from the combustion chamber and the mobility of the piston rings, which is fraught with engine overheating and power loss.
Also, due to the simplicity of the lubrication system, it is imperative to check the oil level before each start and maintain it on the top mark, but the engine oil should be replaced once a year or every 100 engine hours.
On a new or repaired engine, the first oil change takes place through 20 hours.
So the family engines Lifan 168F is not a bad option when choosing a new tiller or need to replace the power unit on the existing: they are quite reliable, and thanks to the wide distribution of spare parts for them are easily accessible.
At the same time, engines of all modifications are easy to repair and maintain and do not require high qualification for this work.