The cart for a power tiller with your own hands
A single-axle tractor is an indispensable and necessary technique, which is useful for work in the homestead, in the garden. With its use, you can easily process a plot of land and transport a variety of cargo, such as tools, hay, various crops, fertilizers, material for planting, garden waste. If the standard model of a motoblock does not include a trailer, there is a solution to the problem. it is a homemade cart for a motoblock.
Engine blocks can be: light, medium and heavy (professional). Models differ in their weight, power, and functionality. A single-axle tractor can be equipped with an okushchik, a plow, a potato planter, a mower, a motor-block rake, seeders and planters. Motor cultivators are considered analogues of power tillers, but this equipment is designed to perform only one function. land treatment, in rare cases there are small additional features.
Advantages of a homemade cart
Advantages of a homemade cart
- An indispensable device on the homestead plot;
- simple materials and technology are used in the creation;
- saving money, because the approximate minimum and used from 8 thousand. and higher.
Disadvantages of homemade carts:
- there is not always a unit on sale that suits all parameters;
- Technical parameters and quality does not always match the inflated price.
Materials and tools
Before you make your own hands a trailer device for the motor-block “Neva” or other brands, you need to clearly imagine what the end result will be. It is useful to visit a store where factory trailers are sold, and see how they are arranged. A single-axle tractor with a cart is a stable vehicle, because it rests on 3 or 5 wheels. It is possible to transport an impressive weight on the trailer, and how much exactly depends on the characteristics of the model (you need to read the instructions). Here is what you will need to make a trailer with your own hands:
- Drawings with dimensions of the frame, drawbar, body, axles, wheels and other elements. Parameters will vary depending on the power of the power tiller, the materials used and the desired load capacity.
- Square profile. Steel pipe of size 20-40 and 30-50 mm will go to make the steering wheel and frame.
- Corner. Thickness. 3-4 mm, the sides should be 30 or 40 mm.
- Sheet iron 1,5-2 mm thick. May be replaced with plywood, planks, or corrugated sheet metal with a fine pitch. This is needed to make the bodywork.
- Blank for the axle. Steel pipes are ideal, and thickness should be selected according to the configuration of the wheels.
- Hardware. Bolts, screws, nuts, self-tapping screws, and more that are commonly used to fasten metal or wood parts.
- Wheels. Select the characteristics of the selected to account for the possible load. Tires must be pneumatic.
- A riveting tool for joining sheet metal. You also need a set of rivets.
- Angle grinder and angle grinder. You’ll need saw blades, cutting and abrasive wheels.
- Welding machine. You’ll need it for welding metal parts.
- Drill. You can use a floor-standing or bench-mounted machine for drilling, countersinking and thread-cutting instead.
There’s a simpler option. a roll-off dump truck, similar to a tow truck. On it, too, you can transport loads. The elements that make up a homemade undercarriage: two wheels, two pipes and a detachable drawbar. The device is convenient in that it does not take much space in storage.
The main parts of the cart
A typical design of a cart for a power tiller consists of a certain set of elements, but it is not difficult to alter it to meet your needs. For example, the owner of a power tiller may decide that he needs additional components. The main parts will be as follows:
- Suspension. It can be axial or gantry type. It is possible to install shock absorbers, but they will reduce the payload and the entire structure will be more complex. Elastic elements are not required if the owner plans to drive at a low speed, and the tires of the wheels have a fairly high profile.
- The frame. It is welded from a piece of profiled pipe.
- Body. Variants: with hinged or fixed sides. Materials: steel sheet, wood or plywood. Metal is connected by welding, and wood by using a metal angle. The steel cart looks sturdy and is more rugged. The disadvantage is the heavy weight.
- Drawbar. This component connects the single-axle tractor and drawbar. The length should be chosen so that it is easy to turn.
- Seat. It is fixed to a bogie or drawbar.
- Rudder. The most important thing in designing this mechanism is to ensure that there is no risk of deformation on uneven terrain, and that there are no increased torsional loads. The task of the steering mechanism is to provide horizontal articulation of the articulated type with two degrees of freedom.
The cart is supported by two or four wheels. Accordingly, it is either two-axle or four-axle. What to choose, the owner of the power tiller decides for himself. The four-wheel version is more stable, but more difficult to build. Also, a two-axle cart weighs more than a two-wheeled cart. It is recommended to be guided by the power of the motor block.
The main stages of work
The algorithm for creating attachments for a power tiller includes several basic steps:
- A picture of the exact scheme of the product, taking into account the intended dimensions;
- Preparation of the necessary materials and auxiliary components;
- Organization of the workplace itself with convenient access to the necessary tools;
- transfer of the drawing data directly to the materials used;
- The assembly process, as well as the fitting of the resulting components into a single whole;
- painting or varnishing, the final design of the body.
After a preliminary acquaintance with the course of work, it becomes quite clear how to make a trailer for a motor-block with your own hands.
What are trailers and what are the differences
As already mentioned, there are a lot of options for assembling trailers for power tillers in modern times. That is why after deciding to start work, decide in advance what your trailer will be.
Determine among the many possible types you can only study the design features of each individual type. In the video on making a trailer for a motor-block with their own hands you will see different models.
Here are the most common variations of trailers to power tillers, which are created with their own hands:
Totally one-piece. They provide a non-separable type of body. This option is considered the most reliable when transporting loose cargo. All connections and seams are securely welded when assembling the sides. To make unloading easier, the trailer has a folding tailgate at the back.
Transforming designs are remarkable because they can create additional horizontal area. The sides are folding, so when you flip a few or all of the sides you get a larger flat bottom.
The most convenient for unloading any bulk cargo is considered to be the tipper type.
A mechanism raises the body to a height where all the loose parts can be completely unloaded from the trailer. A dump trailer for a power tiller with their own hands is chosen more often than other types.
A frame for the motor-block cart
To make the trailer for a power tiller with your own hands reliable and durable, you need a very strong frame. In the manufacture of the grid for the frame, the pipe 60×30 mm, in the section should be a square (rectangle) and an angle to connect 25×25 mm. In order to make the lattice frame, all the parts need to be connected with 5 additional crossbars.
At the corners of the grid-frame to the longitudinal pipes with a welder attach 4 vertical struts. If the wheelbarrow for the motoblock will be with a hinged side, the frames must be produced separately and only then installed.
Versions for frame cladding
For cladding the structure, masters choose inexpensive material or what is available. The price of the product becomes much lower.
- Wooden planks, which often remain after construction. The main advantages. low-cost, disadvantages. moisture-resistant, as a consequence the low life “life” wheelbarrow for power tiller. In addition, you need additional tools for their treatment.
- Plastic. Advantages. it is resistant to moisture unlike wood, disadvantages. it is not strong, if damaged it will break.
- Sheets of metal. Pros. strong material, so it is durable, disadvantages. one of the most expensive options.
But if the cart to the tiller will be constantly used, it is better to make it metal, and do not spend extra money for repairs. You can fix the plates to the frame with a welder.
How to make brakes on the trailer to the tiller with your own hands
The presence of the trailer allows you to significantly expand the functionality of the power tiller, as well as reduce the cost of transporting various loads. If you make brakes on a single-axle tractor with your own hands, you can significantly simplify the management of the trailer, as well as make its use much safer.
Before finding out how to make brakes on a single-axle tractor, it is advisable to become more familiar with such elements. They appear to be necessary for any motoblock with a trailer, because they allow you to quickly stop the moving unit, even in the presence of an impressive load.
This makes it safer to transport, which is especially important when traveling over uneven terrain with plenty of slopes. For the manufacture of such elements it is strongly recommended to use ready-made parts from various cars and motorcycles, which will greatly simplify the task. At the same time, braking systems come in different types and not all of them are suitable for use in the design of a power harvester.
Do not suit to solve such a problem and the band-type brakes, which is due to their low power, as well as the rapid wear and tear.
The simplest and most effective option, which should be used as a basis for homemade brakes, are similar parts from an old motorcycle. Such spare parts are easy to find, they are affordable, which makes it possible to make brakes on a single-axle tractor without excessive costs.
If desired, you can use the parking brake from the car, which will allow you to easily stop on slopes even for a long time. However, the process of dismantling and subsequent installation of this type of brake is much more complicated and the cost is higher, which makes this option less popular.
Operation of the system is extremely simple, since it is identical to the standard counterparts used in other varieties of equipment. Braking is done by displacement of the lever, which leads to the tension of the cable, and for further movement the lever will need to be turned to the opposite position.
Making Brakes by Yourself
It will be very easy to make homemade brakes on the trailer of the motoblock, if the master in advance makes sure that all the necessary materials, as well as tools are available. It is necessary to consider that for effective braking it is strongly recommended to install brakes on each wheel. This will allow you to quickly stop, even when driving at high speeds, and avoid turning the trailer.
Necessary tools and materials
Planning to make homemade brakes for a motorblock cart, it is necessary to prepare materials and tools. As the basis for future brakes, it is best to use the following parts of the motorcycle:
In the process of assembly the master will need to use a standard set of tools, as well as a welding machine, which will make all the connections of the structure strong and reliable.
For the correct operation of the brakes it will be necessary to perform the turning of the discs. Such manipulations are best left to professionals, because they have the necessary qualifications and equipment for such work.
For successful performance of the work is highly recommended to use the drawings of the brake system of the selected model, which is used as the basis for self-made design. Since the system includes many parts, you must be extremely careful and install the unit in full accordance with the diagram, otherwise there is a high probability of their incorrect operation or rapid breakdown.
Procedure for assembling the brakes
After all the parts have been properly prepared, it is advisable to proceed directly to the assembly of home-made brakes. It is necessary to dismantle rods and cables from the disks, turn them and adhere to the following algorithm of actions:
- Slide the shimmering drums onto the hubs and secure them.
- The gap formed between the disks should be closed using a wire of strong metal.
- Place the disk on the spindle and fasten it with the bush. Make sure that the disk is firmly fixed and there is no possibility of its displacement during operation of the device.
- Weld to the axis an angle or a piece of pipe for better fixation of the disk.
- Attach ropes to the drums, and then pull them to the control system.
The brakes are controlled by a special mechanism, which can be taken from a car handbrake. You can make it yourself from improvised materials.
It should be noted that as the operation of some elements of the design of such brakes may significantly wear out and require replacement. For example, it can be cables, in connection with which it is recommended to use elements with a minimum degree of wear during assembly.
Figuring out how to make brakes on the cart for a motor-block with your own hands, you can finalize the design for greater ease of use. The most obvious improvement is the installation of a spring that reverses the lever, allowing you to switch the brakes without much effort. Such an element can be placed not only on the brake mechanism, but also on the cable, as well as other parts of the structure, allowing everyone to choose the best option.
If automobile brakes are used for the assembly, you should consider the presence in their design of an element that turns off the control lamp. Despite the fact that it is important in the car, it is absolutely useless for the trailer, so it is recommended to dismantle it to simplify the construction.
How to make a trailer for a power tiller with your own hands. a complicated variant of making
The first thing to do before making a universal multifunctional cart is to carefully study the drawings. They should specify the exact dimensions of each of the elements and the entire trailer as a whole. After you have studied the schemes and decided on the optimal dimensions of the structure, you need to buy a sufficient amount of rolled metal. Also calculate in advance the number of channels required for the work, which will be needed to make the cart hitch. Accurate calculation of materials will save you from buying unnecessary products. You will also need other materials:
- Angles of steel, size 5×2,5 cm;
- Angles, 4×4 cm in size;
- Pieces of round and rectangular pipes
- boards, at least 2 cm thick;
- timber, 5×5 cm in size.
You will definitely need a welder to work on the trailer, because the screws and bolts alone will not last long on the cart.
A dump trailer consists of four basic elements: body, frame, driver and wheels. Each of the construction components should be connected to other elements by welding. The procedure for making the structure is as follows
- Since the cart to be made is a single-axle machine, you will need to think about load distribution on it. It is best if the center of gravity is placed closer to the front, near the axle of the wheels. The body will also need to be equipped with hinges, which will help to securely fasten the transported cargo;
- The next step is to make the chassis for the trailer. It is best to use prefabricated wheels equipped with hubs. To ensure that the diameter of the axle rod used is fully matched to the size of the bearings, its ends will need to be carefully sharpened;
- To make the wheel axle you will need a steel rod with a diameter of 3 cm. The length of the rod is important. The hub should be such that, when assembled, the wheel you are using does not protrude beyond the body rims of the cart. the bar is fixed by welding. The part must be welded through the corner type supports and brackets to the hinge body and spars to be used;
- To connect the manufactured trailer directly to the power tiller, you will need to make the console. This element must be attached to the hitch bracket, so the top of the part must exactly follow the shape of the outline of the okra;
- Insert the drawbar of the manufactured trailer inside the body of the longitudinal part of the joint. Connect both elements by means of the stop ring. Thanks to this solution it will be much easier to control the tiller, because the cart wheels will work completely independently from the standard wheels of the agricultural machine. Read more about how to make the elements and assemble the trailer in detail in the video.
After completing all of these steps, the trailer is almost ready to use. You only need to equip the tipper box with a driver’s seat and attach the step. The latter should be mounted on the drawbar using a special frame. This kind of machine is controlled with levers.
How to make brakes on a trailer for a power tiller?
In most cases, trailers for power tillers are equipped with car parking brakes. They will not only help to stop the cart smoothly, but also to leave it in the terrain on an incline. Essentially, the parking brake on a manufactured trailer performs the same functions as on a car.
When operating the power tiller with a trailer the parking brake is activated by a pedal or a lever that can be locked. The parking brake system consists of a reliable brake mechanism and a mechanical actuator. By depressing the pedal or lifting the lever, the farmer transmits the force of the actuator to the brake mechanism. The actuator mechanism of the braking system in its turn consists of three cables. The front cable is connected to a lever or pedal and the other two to the trailer wheels.
Among the advantages of parking brakes for trailers is the presence of an adjusting nut. It gives you the ability to change the length of the drive. This feature is useful if you have removed the parking brake from an old car to attach it to the trailer of an existing power harvester.
In order to start moving, you will need to move the brake lever to its original position. To this end, the design includes a return spring that connects to the brake mechanism or the front cable. Made according to the above described algorithm, the trailer with brakes is suitable for use with power tillers of almost all known brands today. You can equip a homemade cart agricultural machines Neva MB-1 and MB-2, MTZ, Oka and units produced by other well-known brands. All of them are equipped with almost identical coupling mechanisms, so the order of installation of the trailer on each of these motoblocks will be identical.
Trailer to the power tiller with their own hands is appreciated by many users. Owners note the convenience when transporting oversized tools, bags of garbage or fertilizer. The machine is popular with homeowners who have lots of land far away from construction stores. Video trailers for power tillers with their own hands
Depending on payload.
Blueprints of trailers for power tillers allow you to get a product that will be useful in the farm. All the more, you can use the available materials for the manufacture of.
This equipment will help to do the heavy work of transporting the necessary materials.
Multifunctional trailer for power tiller with your own hands: steps of work, video instruction
Determining the dimensions and sketching a drawing, you should calculate how many meters of rolled metal and how many channels will be needed to make a homemade trailer. This is necessary to protect yourself from unnecessary costs for the purchase of unnecessary parts and fasteners.
Materials and tools needed:
- welding machine;
- Steel angles 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm;
- timber in the size of 50×50 mm;
- Boards with a thickness of 20 mm;
- Scraps of round and rectangular pipes;
- wheels and hub assembly.
The future trailer will consist of four main units, connected by welding.
- Scraps of pipes and angles 40×40 mm and 50×25 mm are used to assemble and weld the frame.
- The body is made of 20mm boards, whose joints are then sheathed with steel angles.
- With the help of three support beams, which are made of wood, the body is mounted on the trailer frame.
- The wheels are mounted on the structure. Before this it is necessary to grind the ends of the axial rod so that its diameter coincides with the size of the hub bearings. It is necessary to trace the length of the rod. When assembled the wheels should not protrude beyond the body rims.
- The rod is welded to the longitudinal joint body and spars through the corner supports and brackets.
- The trailer will be attached to the power tiller with the console, which should be made with your own hands. The lower part of this element is the axle around which the pivot assembly rotates. The upper part should be made to follow the contours of the tool carrier. The bracket is attached to the attachment bracket.
- To make the trailer wheels work independently from the wheels of the tiller and to make the machine easy to control, it is recommended to insert the drawbar into the longitudinal joint and fix it with thrust rings.
The dump trailer for the motor-block is ready. Now you can mount the step and the driver’s seat, which will control the vehicle.
Self-made trailer for the tiller out of car parts
Having made a drawing beforehand and prepared the necessary materials and tools, you can assemble such a trailer with your own hands in 1-2 days.
- Front half-axles from Zhiguli or Moskvich;
- channel channel 65 mm in length of the body;
- angles 60×60 mm;
- Two 2-meter-long pipes;
- one pipe 60×40 mm, length 3-5 m;
- welding machine.
Bearing part of the construction will be the axle, which is made from a channel. Its length depends on the length of the future trailer. On both sides of the channel with welding attached half axles from the car. Profile pipes are installed on top:
- One pipe is placed in the center. It will act as a drawbar. Its length should be selected according to the dimensions of the trailer device.
- Two-meter pipes are placed along the edges of the channel, in the place where it meets the ends of the half axles. As a result, the joint of the channel should divide each tube in half.
- Short pipes are laid parallel to each other and fastened perpendicular to each other with angles.
To make the structure strong and rigid, from the front corners of the cart profile angles or pipes should be stretched. Joints can be connected by bolts or welding.
The frame for the trailer is ready. Now you can install a simple wooden body, seat and trailer to the drawbar, made by your own hands.
Having watched the video instructions and studied the article, you can understand that in order to make a trailer for a motor block with your own hands does not need to be a designer or mechanic. To implement the conceived need a drawing, the necessary tools, materials and a little desire and free time.