The trimmer becomes an indispensable tool in the care of the dacha. It helps to fight weeds, mow grass, and care for the garden. Thanks to the trimmer, you can create a green lawn with one-centimeter grass, and then maintain this beauty. The gas trimmer helps fight off undesirable vegetation on the site. We can say that the trimmer is a compact and comfortable mower.
Types of gasoline trimmers
Household trimmers designed for mowing grass at the dacha and other sites.
Main characteristics: low weight, compactness, two-stroke engine, power about one hp and a flexible shaft, which gives the instrument a good level of maneuverability. The household trimmer has a short lifespan and an awkward control panel. Buttons to control the tool are not comfortable for a person. To press any button, you need to remove your hands from the handle-holder. For domestic needs, a tool with this design and technical characteristics is suitable, but there are no more serious problems to solve. Also, the trimmer can work continuously for only 20 minutes. Then you need to take a 10-minute break.
Professional gasoline trimmer differs from the previous type of improved technical characteristics.
The main features of the tool: reliable engine; power 3 hp, which leads to a high consumption of fuel and lubricants; screw knife, which allows you to cut as the grass and small bushes with thick weeds; anti-vibration system, which reduces the load on the hands, reduces tension and relieves pain, as well as for convenient use provides a shoulder strap and a comfortable arrangement of control buttons. In the process of using the trimmer, attention should be paid to the motor to avoid overloading the engine and its failure. The tool requires careful care after work, which involves cleaning and removing grass.
Universal Petrol Trimmer its technical characteristics is something average between the first and second type.
Engine power ranges from 1-3 hp. The cutting part can be presented in the form of a screw knife or a nylon fishing line. The universal trimmer not only fights with various unnecessary grass on the plot but also allows you to make a beautiful and level lawn. It, as a household trimmer, cannot work for a long time. Therefore it is mainly intended for work in small areas, that is, in suburban areas. In terms of service, it can be compared with a professional trimmer. As for the price, it is something average between the cost of household and professional trimmer.
The principle of operation of the gasoline trimmer.
The principle of operation of each of the above types is the same. At one of the ends of the trimmer is the working part, presented in the form of a screw knife, synthetic thread or another device, depending on the type of trimmer. At the other end of the mower, there is a gasoline tank with oil, as well as control buttons. For gasoline mowers use a mixture of gasoline and oil in the ratio of 32: 1 or more. The ratio of fuels and lubricants depends on the type of oil and engine power. When the device is filled with a mixture of gasoline and oil, the start buttons are pressed on the control panel, and thus the trimmer triggers the cutting part of the tool, which cuts off all unnecessary vegetation.
The functionality of the trimmer depends on the model and manufacturer, and also affects the cost of the device. One of the functions of the trimmer is a convenient engine start. To do this, use a decompression valve or spring starter. Many models of trimmers allow you to change the nozzles, which makes it possible to maintain the garden or another area better and mow unwanted plants. The presence of an anti-vibration system is another positive point in using a trimmer. This system allows reducing the load on the shoulder joint and hands. If this system is absent in the trimmer, then the person, while working with the lawn mower, will get tired quickly, his blood circulation in the limbs will be impaired, and pain will occur during and after work.
How to choose a petrol trimmer correctly?
When choosing a trimmer for cutting grass, pay attention to the technical characteristics. power, engine type, cutting part, handle, and cutting width.
The trimmer capabilities and fuel consumption depend on the engine. The more powerful engine means the wider possibilities of the tool and the higher fuel consumption. Trimmers can install three types of engines. The first type of engine with power up to 1 hp installed in a simple (domestic) trimmer, which is designed to perform not large in scope of work. The second type of engine, with a capacity of 1 to 3 hp Installed in a versatile and professional trimmer. The engine with such power allows to carry out work on areas of medium size, for example, in the garden-dacha area. The third type of motor has a capacity of over 3 hp. and they are installed in trimmers designed to perform intricate work, mowing grass, weeds, young trees and thick bushes on a large plot.
- Motor can be push-pull and four-stroke. A two-stroke trimmer is cheaper, but it is difficult to maintain because It is necessary to mix gasoline and oil. Serve the motor is not long. The four-stroke motor is higher in cost than the first type. It is expensive to maintain, but to start the engine, it is not necessary to mix oil and gasoline. For this, there are two separate tanks. Petrol is poured into one tank and oil into the other. During operation, a 4-stroke engine produces less noise and emissions than a 2-stroke motor.
- Working part The trimmer can be of two types. screw knife or synthetic thread. The screw knife is a reliable and durable cutting element that cuts not only grass but also bushes and small trees. Therefore, when choosing a trimmer, you should pay attention to the models with such a cutting part. As for the synthetic thread, it has a shorter service life than the first type. At the same time, it is cheaper and safer than a screw knife.
- Trimmer handle reminds handlebars. There are buttons on the control of the tool. When choosing a trimmer, pay attention to how the control buttons are located. For example, in the internal trimmer, they are located on the rod, which is inconvenient for a person. In all other types of instrument, the control panel is located on the handle.
Choosing a lawn mower, attention should be paid to the presence of an anti-vibration system. It was already mentioned in the article, but I would like to note once again that its presence reduces the load on the hands.
- Cutting width. a parameter that affects performance. The higher it is, the better the performance. But it is worth noting that if the trimmer will often be used to cut grass along the walls of the house, near trees and bushes, as well as near the fence, then it is better to buy an instrument with a smaller cutting width.
- Another thing to pay attention to fuel tank capacity. Here it is worth remembering that the more it is, the less it will be necessary to refuel, but the heavier the tool will be.
When choosing a trimmer for the garden, in addition to studying the technical characteristics, you should pay attention to such details as low weight, comfortable for long holding, a shoulder girdle and the ability to disassemble the tool, which makes it suitable in terms of storage and transportation.
The main manufacturers of trimmers are Husqvarna (Sweden), Sadko (Slovenia), Forte and Iron (China), Huter and Stihl (Germany), Oleo-Mac (Italy), Partner and MTD (USA), Flymo (England). Each of these companies produces trimmers that make it easy to cope with the task. The price category is different. Models are presented, both for wealthy people and for the average person.
How to work with a trimmer?
When the trimmer purchase is left to get started. Before using the trimmer as prescribed, it is necessary to carry out a pre-launch preparation. First, fasten the split trimmer bar on the snaps. Secondly, check the reliability of fixing the cutting part of the tool, especially if it is a screw knife. If the knife is poorly fixed, the tool will injure the worker and will give additional vibration. Thirdly, for trimmers with a 2-stroke engine, it is necessary to observe the proportions of mixing gasoline and oil strictly. For trimmer use gasoline 92nd brand and synthetic or mineral oil. If synthetic oil is used, the ratio of gasoline and oil is 50: 1, and if mineral oil is 32: 1. The diluted mixture in a separate container and then poured into the tank. Now you can get to work.
To start the trimmer, it must be put on the ground. The motor part is pressed with the knee and pull the starter handle until resistance appears. For full lubrication of all parts of the motor is several times pull the starter cord. The engine is started with the air damper closed. The damper opens after a complete engine start and is in the middle position. First, the trimmer works for 5 minutes at idle, and then you can start cutting the grass.
When using the trimmer, it is worth remembering a few simple rules:
– trim the trimmer on the street or in a well-ventilated area, away from fire;
– New trimmer requires running in;
– all trimmers, especially in hot weather, require a break in work;
– the trimmer is used only for its intended purpose, that is, if the tool is not intended for cutting thick grass or bushes, then you should not test it and shorten the service life.
The person who will work with the tool must protect themselves. To do this, he must wear pants, a long-sleeved sweater, closed shoes, gloves, goggles or a mask, and also use headphones for the ears.
How to care for the petrol trimmer?
Proper care of petrol trimmer is an important point for long service life.
- First, after each mowing, the trimmer must be cleaned of grass.
- Secondly, at the end of the season, you need to pay attention to the tank for gasoline. For this purpose, gasoline is drained from the tank and dried. After that, it is blown to remove all accumulated garbage. Using a starter and turning out of a candle, the piston is blown.
- Thirdly, all dried grass is removed from the gearbox. During the mowing, the grass twists on the axis, and together with the water and the earth, a composition similar to a sponge forms, which collects more grass around itself. For recycling grass, you can use a garden shredder.
- Fourth, the air filter is removed and cleaned of dirt.
- Fifthly, if the transmission shaft is easily accessible, it must be lubricated with grease. The shaft is subject to corrosion, and rust tends to flake off and fall into unnecessary areas of the tool.
Besides, it is recommended to periodically check the silencer, especially after a neighbor has used the trimmer. Very often, due to the use of poor quality oil, it fails. If the muffler understands, then it is enough to get it, wash it and dry it. If not, you can try to remove it and turn on the motor. If the engine has earned better quality than with a silencer, then it should be cleaned.
Before folding the trimmer for winter storage, the motor and gearbox should be wrapped in thick fabric — store trimmer in a cool and dry place.
Proper care of petrol trimmer allows him to work longer and better.
The petrol trimmer is a tool that allows you to cope with grown grass in places that are inaccessible to the electric trimmer, raider, and wheeled lawn mower.