What is the difference between an electric screwdriver and a screwdriver
The electric screwdriver is the simplest electric tool. In fact, it is an ordinary screwdriver (performs only the functions of unscrewing and twisting), only equipped with an electric motor. People who rarely encounter repair do not know the fundamental differences between a screwdriver and an electric screwdriver, but there are a lot of them, and often both of these devices are called the same term, but this is wrong.
An important difference between an electric screwdriver and a screwdriver is its small size and weight. This makes it easy to carry, and if necessary, just put the necessary thing in the jacket .
The difference between an electric screwdriver and a screwdriver
To make the right and profitable purchase, you need to understand for what purposes a particular power tool is suitable, when it can be used and when not.
Xiaomi Wowstick 1F: The Life-Changing Mini Electric Screwdriver
The main differences between these power tools
- The screwdriver does not have a clamping chuck, the presence of which in the screwdriver allows it to be used as a drill (the chuck is unclamped and a drill or an adapter for a nut head is inserted into it).
- Since the screwdriver is designed not only for loosening screws, but also for drilling, it requires a higher power of the electric motor. In addition, the screwdriver motor has a low torque and low speed, which will allow you to tighten a small number of long screws. This will quickly drain the batteries.
- The screwdriver has no replaceable batteries. When the charge is over, you will have to stop work and wait for the tool to recharge.
- Almost all modern models of screwdrivers have two batteries independent from each other and easily detachable from the tool. They are easy to charge and replace with another when one is discharged.
It will be advisable to purchase an electric screwdriver when there is a rare need to tighten a small number of self-tapping screws or screws. The screw gun is more often purchased by professionals who often perform medium to large construction work.
One of the main external differences between a screwdriver and a screwdriver is that it is produced with different types of housing:
- Direct. allows you to easily access any location.
- L-shaped has a large comfortable handle, and due to its small size and ergonomics, makes the process of screwing screws easier.
- The classic pistol reduces the load on the human hand when working.
What is the difference between a wrench and a screwdriver: 3 main criteria
In some everyday situations, it is quite difficult to get by with a wrench. Then devices come to the rescue that help to assemble and disassemble threaded devices. Some of these are a screwdriver and a wrench. They have one task. help when working with fasteners. but also a lot of differences. We propose to consider the main differences between the devices, find out which is more convenient to use, and how you can upgrade an old screwdriver to a nutrunner.
An impact wrench is a mechanical tool for screwing and unscrewing nuts and bolts. You cannot do without it when you need to unscrew a rusty nut in hard-to-reach places, and a simple wrench is powerless. The impact wrench can be confused with a drill. but an experienced owner will see the difference: the attachment installed in the holder. It is this nozzle that compresses the nut and holds it while the engine twists it in or unscrews it.
Tip: DeWalt DW292 is considered a convenient option. the model consumes 710 watts of power.
Screwdriver. a device for screwing in and out screws, screws, self-tapping screws and other fasteners. Its peculiarity. work at different speeds. expands the range of possibilities. The device drives screws, drills, has an impact function.
Tip: Bosch has established itself as a market leader in this niche too. Especially popular are the models Bosch GSR 6-45 TE, Bosch GSR 14.4-2-LI Plus.
A wrench, unlike a screwdriver, is considered a more professional tool. According to the method of application, the mechanism for nuts can be: gasoline, pneumatic, hydraulic and work from the mains. It is designed for screwing in or out bolts or nuts. Unlike a screwdriver, a chuck is not attached to the nutrunner. A rod with a nut head is installed in its place.
The second difference. in tightening power, here the impact wrench has an advantage. With him you can “master” any crafts.
Another difference lies in the volume and weight of the mechanisms, for example, not every person can lift some wrenches. Also, screwdrivers are able to regulate their work process, while another representative of mechanics does not have this opportunity. A nutrunner copes with complex tasks no faster than a screwdriver, which creates a lot of noise during operation. this fact is the key difference. In such a situation, equipped with a 3-speed gearbox, the DeWalt DCF895M2 screwdriver in light tasks is able to replace any device for tightening nuts.
In terms of operational capabilities, the nut mechanism has serious limitations. It is good to use drills when drilling. So, for soft wood, it is not necessary to use a professional mechanism, you can get by with the BlackDecker EPC12CAB screwdriving tool.
It may also be interesting: How to choose a drill
Which is better wrench or screwdriver?
Given the many functions of a screwdriver, it performs a wider range of work, which is what wins over a nutrunner. In many cases, it replaces the nut device, performs the simple work of a wrench. The screwdriver works even more accurately: the tangential impact of a professional nutrunner, although it works quickly, but the self-tapping screws do not withstand the stress and can fly out of the building material.
Tip: From the outside, the nut mechanism looks like a regular drill, and its holder is equipped with an extension attachment.
The impact wrench becomes indispensable during large construction works, when working with cars, ships, airplanes and other units. And a device for screwing in self-tapping screws and screws is often used at home for furniture repair. Since such a mechanism is free of mains power, the use of the impact wrench is.
How to convert a screwdriver to a wrench?
Consider how to convert an unusable screwdriver into a new wrench. For such a design you will need:
- Adapter set.
- Device battery.
- Control indicator.
- Button for wrench.
YZH Mini Electric Screwdriver Review. LFC#220
Tip: Store the devices in a case, so the probability of breakage if dropped is reduced to a minimum. It is important to remember that attachments for mechanisms are very fragile and require careful maintenance.
For the device, you need to set the audible signal for the brakes. Then you need to connect and solder all the connectors of the indicators. If you connect the components correctly, you get a screwdriver. Watch your voltage. the battery is difficult to tolerate. Assembly of parts will take no more than 20 minutes; you can also convert the device to its original state. Such a device will be able to screw in the screws, however, for this you need to put a suitable nozzle.
In summary, it is not necessary to buy new home appliances. Practical expert advice will help you build your wrench. At home, it can be easily replaced with a screwdriver. For more serious construction, the wrench is irreplaceable. We hope our material has helped to understand the main differences between devices for screws and nuts.
See clearly in the video how to make a new wrench from an old screwdriver: Turning a screwdriver into a wrench
What is the difference between a drill and a screwdriver?
Hello everyone! In today’s article I will tell you how a drill differs from a screwdriver, since not everyone understands the difference between them and in the end they do not know what to choose.
To begin with, I propose to define the terms. If we start from the terminology of manufacturers, then screwdrivers they call the device shown in Figure 1. This is a network screwdriver with adjustable rotation speed, reverse, and also having a device thanks to which it is possible to avoid breaking the nozzle slots (bits).
And the manufacturers call drills both the machine shown in Figure 2 and the devices shown in Figure 3 and 4, which are popularly called screwdrivers (mains-powered or battery-powered) or simply screwdrivers.
Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4
In order not to get confused, in this article we will assign the following names to each unit:
- the tool from Figure 1 I will call the screwdriver
- from figure 2. drill
- from figures 3 and 4. drill-screwdriver.
At the same time, I note that the difficulties of choosing arise precisely between the last two types, since everything seems to be so clear with a conventional screwdriver. But I’ll describe all three devices early.
The screwdriver can only be used for tightening self-tapping screws, since it has only a hexagonal seat for the bits. Although it should be said that there are drills with a hexagonal fit, like bits, but usually they are only of small diameters, and they are not everywhere on sale.
Thus, for this tool, we conclude that it can only be purchased for tightening self-tapping screws. At the same time, we remember that it is tied to the network, which means that it will not be possible to work with it autonomously.
It is most convenient to use this unit in any assembly shop, where work is carried out at one working place to screw in self-tapping screws or screws.
The main function of the drill is drilling. However, if there is an adjustment of revolutions and reverse (and they are now on most models), it can also be used as a screwdriver.
However, they lack any mechanism to automatically prevent bit stripping.
Often, when screwing a self-tapping screw with a drill, its cap can drown unnecessarily in the material, or the slots of the bit scroll in the cap, which can cause them to be ripped off.
Therefore, here you have to rely only on your hands and head.
According to the drill, the verdict will be as follows. Buy it if you are going to mainly drill. But keep in mind that sometimes it can also be used as a screwdriver. in the end, it is in any case more convenient than twisting with a screwdriver.
This tool is versatile. They can be drilled and screwed, without fear of ruining the bit or unnecessarily drowning the hat into the material.
There is a customizable mechanism (popularly referred to as a ratchet) through which the rotation passes. When a certain resistance set by you is reached, it simply turns with a click, and the bit remains in place, safe and sound.
In addition, the drill-screwdriver differs from a conventional electric drill also in that a gearbox is installed on it, which has a large gear ratio. Therefore, with the same engine power, the drill-driver has a greater torque value. This means that, for example, a power drill with a 400 W motor will have the same torque as a 700-800 W drill. However, the dimensions will be smaller.
The price paid for this is the lower number of maximum spindle revolutions. If on drills it reaches a value of 3000 rpm, then on drills their number is no more than 600-800. And if it is two-speed, then all the same, the revolutions will not exceed 1500 per minute.
However, such a tool will not replace a drill in jobs that require high chuck rotation speed. This is, for example, drilling a brick, when the work takes place in percussion mode. And although there is an impact mechanism on some models of screwdrivers, due to the low speed, it is not very effective.
It is also worth remembering that they not only drill with drills, but also, for example, knead mortars using a mixing nozzle. And here, too, high speed is required. Therefore, a drill driver is also poorly suited for such work.
Separately, it should be said about cordless drills and screwdrivers. Firstly, it is drills-screwdrivers that are made with a battery, but there are no classic drills with a rotation speed of up to 3000 rpm with a battery.
Secondly, the use of battery technology has both advantages and disadvantages.
The pluses include the following things:
- autonomy of work. that is, the ability to work for a certain amount of time away from power grids with pre-charged batteries;
- no wires, which is convenient, for example, when working on the roof.
The downsides are the following points:
- aging of batteries. with frequent use, they usually last no more than 3 years, and if used rarely, they still age and in any case become unusable after 5-8 years, even if they just lie idle;
- the inability to immediately start work if it suddenly turned out that the batteries are discharged.
These are my thoughts on the matter. I hope that after reading the article, you understand for yourself which tool you need. Let me finish on this. until we meet again.!
- A reborn catalog of postcards for all occasions
- No analogs are always at hand ^ _ ^ Allows you to insert a panel with an arbitrary Html code into a profile. You can place banners, counters, etc. there
- Online game “Empire”Transform your little castle into a mighty fortress and become the ruler of the greatest kingdom in Goodgame Empire. Build your own empire, expand it and defend it from other players. B
- Online game “Big farm”Uncle George left his farm for you, but unfortunately it’s not in very good condition. But thanks to your business acumen and the help of neighbors, friends and family, you are able to turn a decayed landlord
–Subscribe by e-mail
How to choose an electric screwdriver: types and their features
As you already understood from what was written above, there are two main types of electric screwdrivers. wired (network) and cordless electric screwdrivers, which we will talk about further.
- Cordless electric screwdriver. The dependence of this tool on the battery is its advantage and at the same time a disadvantage. along with freedom of movement and some imaginary convenience in use, you get a dependence on the supply of energy. Yes, you can use an electric screwdriver in the country where there is no mains electricity, but not for long. You can only prolong your pleasure by purchasing a tool with the ability to quickly change batteries. As a rule, these are AAA batteries, instead of which ordinary AA batteries are suitable. By the way, the latter allow you to use a screwdriver for less time than full-fledged batteries of this type. Especially expensive and advanced models of electric cordless screwdrivers can be completed with a pair of replaceable batteries and a charger. Today this is the most optimal option, allowing you to use the tool for a long time.
- Network electric screwdriver. The time of its use is limited only by the presence of the mains voltage. as in the case of the cordless electric screwdriver, this is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Such a tool is an excellent solution for domestic use in situations where there are no problems with a constant source of electricity.
Electric screwdriver network photo
In general, the result is an insoluble problem, the answer to which is quite simple and at the same time difficult to find. By and large, the choice between one and the other type of electric screwdriver is due to the presence of electricity at home. But not everything is as lost as it might seem at first glance. there are hybrid models of electric screwdrivers that can operate both from the mains and from the built-in battery. The device of such an electric screwdriver can be compared to an uninterruptible power supply unit. you plug it in, and it works successfully as long as there is voltage in it. As soon as the current in the outlet disappears, it switches to the batteries. In fact, this is the ideal solution to the question of which electric screwdriver to choose.?
MAKITA cordless screwdrivers
MAKITA screwdrivers are powerful and compact devices for working with fasteners. Some models allow you to use the tool both with an L-shaped handle and in a straight form. This happens due to the ability to turn the handle. The device has a rubber coating, which makes it easy to hold in the hand, even during prolonged use.
Usually, such tools work on nickel-cadmium batteries, which are lightweight and provide about 5 hours of continuous operation. The devices of this company are intended for domestic and semi-professional use. This means that MAKITA screwdrivers are perfect for household chores.
Cordless screwdrivers Interskol
The devices from this company are powered by a lithium-ion battery and are designed with a practical design and a comfortable grip. Like many other similar tools, they have a large number of bits and the ability to rotate in different directions. Lightweight design makes it easier to install or remove screws and contributes to comfortable work.
Especially often they talk about the OA-3.6 model. Compared to other similar devices, this screwdriver charges much faster, and after a long period of inactivity, it starts working without losing efficiency. This is made possible by the low self-discharge of the batteries. For convenience, the battery parameters are displayed on the screwdriver body, which makes it easy to find out the time after which it will stop working.
One of the advantages of this device is the presence of an adapter for bits, which makes the device more convenient. There is also a light indicator on the case, which contributes to comfortable work in the dark. There is a special plastic case for easy carrying.