Binding of the compressor and receiver
For my purposes, the receiver for 50 liters was not enough. We decided to make a receiver from a gas bottle. 2 cylinders were found at the relatives and taken out.
Further it was necessary to weld in herringbones, for fastening the hose. There was an option to simply thread it and return there purchase quick connectors, but it is not that. At the market, where a lot of scrap metal for sale, were found necessary Christmas trees. Found, again, a relative who could weld them, but he asked one reasonable question, and not fuck, not bang that is.
It should be filled with water, it sounds simple, but in fact.
In principle, you can pour water into the faucet, which is installed in it, but it is very long.
You can unscrew the faucet and then pour water into it more safely.
But he is unlikely to turn away, since our cylinders are still Soviet, which means they were made for the ages. There’s some kind of thread sealant or some kind of super glue.
Pour the water to the brim, get the smell of gas, leave it overnight, just like that. A day of adventure is more than enough. We actually first sawed off the faucet, and drowned them in a barrel, with an open faucet, then threw the empty, but the full 50 kg of water at least khe khe, almost ripped their navels while getting it.
Then we sawed off the faucet, and once again poured water to the edges, just for insurance.
Pour it where there are less people so they did not yell, as gas water will smell, but only water, we have the earth did not stink.
After that, on the weak one lights a match and with a wild shout brings it to the cylinder. Everyone is alive and well. We start to drill out the rest of the faucet, it’s very painful. We grind the surface for welding with an angle grinder, and at the same time no one blew up.
We go to a relative, there he believes us on the word that, all normal and begins to cook, we on the sin away. You never know, a match and an angle grinder is one thing, but welding No problem.
And then we drove home to the garage We have not reached the garage, went to the store, bought paint, in order to ennoble this miracle.
In the garage we assemble the receiver, see if there are any leaks.
Now the total volume of about 100L, began to pump not even 2 times slower, and the time is as 2.5, or even 3.
Receiver for the compressor with their own hands: instructions and assembly rules
In many compressor units to improve the efficiency of compressed air is used receiver. a capacity for storing air under pressure. Depending on the intensity and amount of work can be used tanks of 50, 100 liters, sometimes more. In this article we will consider how to perform an additional receiver for the compressor with their own hands, what it is needed for and what characteristics should be considered when assembling it.
A functional self-made compressor
Unlike apparatuses that are made from car accessories, the compressor from a refrigerator works continuously. This is due to the good power and performance. In addition, in terms of quality it is not worse than the factory models. And if it is possible to get the components for free, then the cost of making such a device will be minimal. The apparatus is designed for painting and blowing, tire fitting works, perfectly provides the work of pneumatic tools. To make a compressor for a voltage of 220 V, you will need the following parts:
- Motor-compressor from an old refrigerator.
- Tees, oil fill tube, hoses, fittings, wall inlets.
- Reducer, which will monitor the pressure.
- Two pressure gauges.
- Receiver. For this purpose it is suitable a fire extinguisher or a gas cylinder, which must be completely empty. You can weld a homemade tank from sheet iron and a thick pipe.
- Filter for cleaning the air.
- Emergency valve.
- Starting relay and pressure switch.
- Paint for metal.
- Fum tape, a hacksaw and engine oil.
- A wrench and a syringe.
There are several steps involved in assembling the compressor:
- Motor preparation. The motor-compressor consists of three tubes. One has a sealed edge and is designed for oil changes. The other two are open, through which the air enters and exits. The compressor is energized and the air in and out of each tube is determined. Each tube is marked. The sealed tube is cut off so that sawdust does not clog it. The oil inside is drained out and replaced with engine oil or synthetic oil. The procedure is done with a syringe. Then the tube is closed with a screw. Before screwing it into the hole, it must be wrapped with fum tape. This part is treated from above with sealant and coated with paint or enamel.
- Receiver preparation. As the receiver used an empty cylinder fire extinguisher, previously removed from his valve. Pour a rust inhibitor into the inside of the canister and let it sit for as long as necessary. Clean the outside of the tank of dirt and rust as well. When the cylinder dries, the cover is placed over the valve opening. If necessary, an adapter is inserted into the hole and the cross piece is secured. Install a pressure switch on the upper fitting. Screw a pipe fitting with a pressure gauge to one side of the switch and mount a safety restrictor on the other side. The choke can be replaced by a valve (for manual venting). If necessary, use adapters and paint the tank.
- Assembly. The tank is installed on a frame made of planks on wheels. Attach the motor-compressor to the tank by separating them with a rubber gasket. First connect the petrol filter to the inlet pipe and only then the diesel filter. This protects the air from even the slightest contamination. If during disassembly the tubes were deformed, they should be flared. To work correctly the starting relay must be set in the correct position, marked with an arrow on its cover. Protect the tumbler connection points, starting relay and pressure switch with duct tape, as the power goes through them. Connect output pipe from compressor to receiver with adapter. Reducer with moisture trap is installed after the pressure gauge. Then mount a hose equipped with a wall inlet.
Communities Garage Equipment and Tools Blog An extra receiver from a gas cylinder
Hello) Option to make an additional receiver for the compressor, quickly and without a hassle)) www.drive2.ru/b/534244179794986642/
When painting cars critical lacked air tank at 24 liters of compressor, the amount of air was not enough for large areas such as the hood and roof. The solution was found rather simple, an additional receiver from a gas cylinder in 50 liters )) Faucet on the cylinder dismantled and bought all the necessary connections)) Quick disconnects for hose 270r. at a discount))
On the costs: Compressor Fubag 24L. available Cylinder. free Hose spiral 10 m. 347 p. Barrel pipe 3 / 4. 11 p. Socket 3/4. 24 p. Socket adapter 3/4 to 1/2. 67 p. 1/2 to 1/4 adapter nipple. 2 pcs 43 р. Ball valve 1/2. 88 p. A set of fittings quickly. 270 p. TOTAL: 893 p.
Garage Equipment Communities and Tools Blog Extra receiver from a gas cylinder
Good afternoon) Option extra receiver for a compressor, quickly and without hassle)) www.drive2.ru/b/534244179794986642/
When painting cars critical lacked air tank at 24L compressor, the amount of air was not enough for large areas such as the hood and roof. The solution was found rather simple, an additional receiver from a gas cylinder in 50 liters)) Faucet on the cylinder dismantled and bought all the necessary connections)) Quick disconnects for the hose 270r. at a discount))
On the costs: Compressor Fubag 24l. available Balloon. free Hose spiral 10 m. 347 r. Barrel pipe ¾. 11 p. Socket 3/4. 24 p. Socket adapter 3/4 to 1/2. 67 p. 1/2 to 1/4 adapter nipple. 2 pc 43 р. Ball valve 1/2. 88 р. Set of fast fittings. 270 r. TOTAL: 893 p.
Air compressor from auto parts
Fundamentally different design of air compressor, which is collected on the basis of ZIL compressor and separate engine. This is more powerful equipment, which can be used for connection of pneumatic tools. Very noisy unit.
Compressor unit layout drawing: 1. compressor from ZIL-130; 2. frame from angle; 3. safety valve; 4. standard manometer; 5. distribution box; 6. three-phase electric motor (1 kW, 1380 rpm); 7. starting box (from washing machine); 8. capacitor battery (working capacity. 25-30 uF, starting. 70-100 uF); 9. receiver (from an oxygen cylinder or CrAZ silencer); 10. V-belt transmission (RPM reduction 1: 3); 11. “Stop” button; 12. “Engine start” button; 13. button for short-term starting capacitor battery; 14. discharge (outlet) valve fitting; 15. aluminum tubes Ø 6 mm; 16. outlet valves; 17. inlet valves; 18. wheels (4 pcs.Screws and screws (M10. 4 pcs.); 19. Transversal stiffener; 20. Tie rod (M10. 4 pcs.); 20. Tie rod (M10. 4 pcs.).); 21. drainage hole with a cork
Connection of three-phase motor to single-phase network: a. “delta”; b. “star”
Example of independent installation of the air compressor from new parts and assemblies you can see in the video.
Construction and principle of operation of air receivers
(another name. air collectors) are metallic vessels with compressed air inside them.
They are equipped with a safety valve designed to release gas in case of pressure surges in the network; inlet and outlet connections for connection to the network and the passage of gas from the receiver; a connection for drainage of condensate.
The need for installation of receiver is due to the fact that the compressor in the compressed air network gives out gas portions, it could be the cause of failure or reducing the quality of the enterprise, t. к. almost all types of equipment are very sensitive to pulsations of compressed air.
Air receivers are designed to dampen these pulsations during compressor operation. By smoothing out fluctuations in compressed air pressure, the compressor runs more evenly and there are fewer motor starts. During air staying in receiver its temperature drops and condensate forms.
Storage and cooling of compressed air is another function of the air receiver. The air reservoir provides source of compressed air in the event of increased compressed air consumption over a short period of time if the compressor fails to operate at high pressures.
How to choose the best compressed air receiver parameters?
In addition to its capacity, a receiver for a compressor is also characterized by
- Limits on humidity in the air.
- Operating conditions (external temperature difference of 1540ºC and relative humidity of 7580% is acceptable).15 40ºС and relative humidity not more than 75 80%).
- Requirements for the place of installation (away from heat sources, combustible and explosive materials, as well as in an atmosphere polluted with mechanical particles. for example, near circular saws).
According to ÏÁ 03-576-03 requirements (Regulations on equipment and safe operation of pressure vessels) it is also forbidden to operate receivers, which have not passed examination of tank wall performance, as well as having external surface defects. cracks, dents, traces of atmospheric corrosion.
The receiver specifications for the compressor are determined as follows. Required compressed air flow rate, duration of compressed air consumption, minimum and maximum pressure values are determined. Next, using standard online calculation tables (e.g. //www.kaeser.ru/Online_Services/Toolbox/Air_receiver_sizes/default.asp) determine the required parameter. For example, given an air consumption of 0.1 m³/min, a peak load duration of 5 min, an allowable pressure differential of minimum/maximum 3/4 atm, the optimum volume of the receiver tank is 500 l.
Why do you need a compressor air receiver??
Compressor air receiver fulfills a number of important functions:
- Stabilizes pressure of the air which is supplied in a working zone (the fluctuations in values of pressure are inevitable because a unitary cycle of any compressor assumes a phase of suction and a phase of air delivery).
- Ensures a continuous compressed air supply during interruptions in compressor operation, or when an auxiliary consumer is connected to the compressor.
- Cleaning the air from accumulated condensate, because the increased humidity of the air, which increases with increasing pressure, leads to intense corrosion of the steel parts of the compressor.
- Accumulation of compressed air in the receiver for the compressor leads to subsequent reduction of total vibrations in the system which, in its turn, decreases the overall noise level, and reduces the level of stress on the base of stationary units.
When carrying out work associated with obtaining compressed air in particularly large quantities, the regular receiver may not be enough. For example, when sandblasting surfaces with large area to avoid purchase of a more powerful compressor, an additional air tank is often used.
Availability of an air receiver also allows intermittent use of the compressor, i.e. е., This reduces the electrical power consumption of the compressor.
Compressor air receiver is designed as a sealed tank with a certain capacity. Receivers up to 50100 l are used for portable compressors and up to 5001000 l for stationary compressors. Equipped with air filters, condensate drains and shutoff valves for connection to the main unit and to the working device that consumes compressed air. nozzle, spray gun, etc.
Container is made of corrosion-resistant steel such as 10ХСНД or 16GA2Ф. In exceptional cases, for particularly low capacities, air receivers can be made of plastic or even high-strength rubber.
Receivers can be built either horizontally or vertically. The first is used in mobile units, the second in stationary units. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages. In particular, vertical receivers have an easier way of condensate drainage, but the horizontal receivers are more compact and require shorter pipelines.
How to choose the optimum parameters of a receiver?
In addition to the capacity, the receiver for the compressor is also characterized by:
- Limits of humidity in the air.
- Operating conditions (external temperature/air temperature differentials are possible).1540ºC and relative humidity of no more than 7580%).
- Installation location requirements (away from heat sources, combustible and explosive materials, and in mechanically contaminated atmospheres. e.g., near circular saws).
According to the requirements of PB 03-576-03 (rules of construction and safe operation of vessels working under pressure) it is also forbidden to use receivers that have not passed the verification of serviceability of the tank walls as well as having external surface defects. cracks, dents, traces of atmospheric corrosion.
Selection of receiver characteristics for a compressor is performed as follows. Set the required compressed air flow rate, duration of compressed air consumption, minimum and maximum pressure values. Then using standard online calculation tables (e.g. //www.kaeser.There is a simplified method that relates the receiver volume to the compressor capacity.Determine the required parameter. For example, if the initial data flow rate of 0.1 m 3 /min, the duration of peak load during operation of 5 minutes, the allowable pressure drop minimum / maximum ¾ atm, the optimum volume of the receiver tank is 500 liters.
This method is based on the time it takes to empty the air reservoir completely. There is also a simplified, tabular formula that relates the tank volume to the compressor power input. The ratios used in practice are as follows:
- For a compressor up to 5 kW. up to 100 liters;
- For compressors up to 10 kW capacity. up to 300 liters;
- Up to 550 liters for a compressor with a capacity of up to 20 kW.
It is recommended to get intermediate values by interpolation. There are also experimental dependencies. For example, the tank capacity of the receiver can not be less than the compressor capacity for 8 seconds of continuous operation. In particular, with a compressor air flow of 400 l/min, the volume of the tank will be, at least:
How to make a compressor from a vacuum cleaner: is it possible
Many novice craftsmen, first hearing about the possibility of making a compressor from an old vacuum cleaner, begin to ask questions about how the receiver is connected to it. But it’s all from the series of “hear a bell but don’t know where it is”. The fact that the name “compressor” to such a device is difficult to attribute. Rather, it is a sprayer, from which you should not expect much. Although, if we talk about the possibility of whitewashing the walls in a cellar or other similar work, this device can greatly facilitate the work. Such nozzles, which were put on a regular glass jar, went with the Soviet vacuum cleaners, but now they are much easier to order on the Chinese resources, or buy from hand, than to make their own.
This is what the nozzle, which was put on a glass jar
Making a compressor for the aquarium with their own hands
Such devices are quite in demand among consumers. But it should be clarified at once. there is virtually no point in such work. The cost of such equipment on the Russian market is minimal, but it can take a decent amount of time. In addition, some parts you will still need to buy. So it is worth first thinking whether to start such a job?
Compressor for the aquarium. a necessary thing
Tip! Before you start making your own hands any device, it is necessary to calculate whether such work will be beneficial, “is the game worth the candle”.
Why do you need a compressed air receiver??
A compressed air receiver is essential for the compressor to perform the following functions:
- Air reservoirs store compressed air, which helps reduce vibrations in the system. This in turn reduces loads on the base and reduces the noise level from the stationary unit;
- Stabilizes the pressure of the air supplied directly to the work area. Pressure fluctuations are unavoidable, as the operation of any compressor involves an air discharge and suction phase;
- Condensate treatment. Otherwise air humidity would also increase due to the higher pressure and cause corrosion on the steel surface of the compressor;
- Ensures the compressed air supply when an additional consumer is connected as well as when the compressor fails to operate.
For large volumes of compressed air, the standard air receiver can be insufficient. For example, for sandblasting large surfaces instead of a more powerful compressor, an additional receiver is purchased.
In addition, an additional receiver makes it possible to use the compressor less often, thus reducing energy consumption!
From the design point of view, the receiver is a sealed tank of 50-100 liters capacity in most cases. Stationary machines can have reservoirs of up to 500-1000 liters. The unit is equipped with condensate drains, air filters and shutoff valves for connecting to the working device and the main unit that consumes compressed air, whether it is a spray gun, nozzle, etc.
Container for compressed air is made of steel. usually from steel 16GA2F or 10HSND, characterized by resistance to corrosion. However, small compressors can also be equipped with plastic air tanks and even with rubber air tanks made from high-strength polyurethane foam.
Receivers can be paired with the system either vertically or horizontally. The former in most cases is used in stationary machines, the latter in mobile units. Each type offers its minuses and pluses. For example, horizontal receivers require less piping because they are more compact, but vertical ones have noticeably easier condensate drainage.
In addition to the capacity, the receiver for the compressor can be characterized by the following parameters:
- The requirements for the location (within mechanically contaminated air, e.g. near circular saws, away from explosive, combustible materials and heat sources).
- Operating conditions (relative humidity not to exceed 75-80 percent, temperature in the region of 15-40 degrees).
- Maximum air humidity readings.
According to the requirements of PB 03-576-03 it is forbidden to use receivers having surface defects, be it corrosion, dents and cracks, as well as those which have not passed the examination of the capacity wall serviceability.
The characteristics of the receiver for the compressor are selected as follows. The first step is to determine the maximum and minimum pressures, the duration of operation and the required compressed air flow rate. The next step is to use the online calculation table, which can be found on the Internet on request, to find the required data. For example, for a maximum/minimum pressure drop of 4/3 atm, a maximum load duration of 5 minutes and an air flow rate of 0.1 m3 /min, 500 liters would be the tank capacity rating.
This method is based on the time the air reservoir will be completely empty. However, there is a simpler tabular method to relate the power consumption of a compressor to the tank volume. Among them, it is worth to highlight the most frequently used ratios:
If necessary, intermediate values can be calculated by interpolation. There are also experimental dependencies. According to one of them, the tank capacity of the receiver should not be less than the compressor capacity during 8 seconds of continuous work. In this case, the tank volume at a flow rate of 400 l/min can be calculated as follows:
Rounding up we get 54 liters.
There are several fundamental parameters that must be taken into account when building a compressor from a gas cylinder. Power is the most important one, because it reflects the functionality of the device, which consists in compression of gases. Among the features of the power indicator can be noted the following:
- For the measurement of the value in question, bars, atmospheres or Pascals are used. To translate the values, various tables are used, which greatly simplify the task at hand.
- When constructing a compressor, it must be ensured that the pressure is reduced from the source to the direct actuator. In this case, the pressure drop occurs in the entire pipeline or on critical elements.
- The power largely determines how much pressure can be created in the system. It depends on the electric motor installed and many other factors.
Manufacturers of industrial equipment always conduct a power indication in the specification. In the case of work to create a homemade design is necessary to perform calculations and select the appropriate elements.
The classification of compressors is carried out directly by the power indicator, which is reflected in the pressure. It looks as follows:
Most homemade designs belong to the second group. It can be connected with the fact that too high figure becomes the reason of complication of the task.
Basic criteria for the selection of air collectors
After reading this article you know why do you need a receiver in the compressor, what are the types of vessels, how to mount two or more tanks. We would like to conclude by examining the following key parameters that must be taken into consideration when purchasing an air source.
- Volume. This figure varies from 5 liters (for household models) to 1000 or more liters (for industrial units). When choosing, the following rule must be adhered to: the more powerful the compressor, the bigger the air tank. On average, its volume should be about 30-50% of the capacity of the unit.
- Pressure. For use in combination with household tools is usually enough receiver, designed to store air under pressure up to 10 bar. For commercial applications in small businesses, models with a capacity of up to 16 bar will do.
- Air throughput. This parameter determines how much air (in liters) can flow through the air tank in a minute. The higher the demand for compressed gas, the larger the air tank capacity should be.
Based on these selection criteria, you can choose the equipment best suited for the given operating conditions.
In this article we wanted to answer the common question of why do you need a receiver in a compressor? But we couldn’t avoid the topic of how to choose and use a compressed air reservoir. We hope that our tips will be helpful. And if you still have questions, we invite you to take advantage of professional help in selecting a compressor air receiver. To consult with an expert of GC “Energoprof”, contact us at the free number listed on the website.