How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil
Dilute trimmer gasoline in the correct proportion. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the mower elements, which contributes to rapid wear. In the event that the oil is more position, carbon deposits will form on the pistons and spark plugs. Carbon deposits on the moving parts of the engine interfere with normal operation and lead to early engine damage.
What proportion is required for a particular trimmer model can be found in the attached instructions. Most often, for 2-stroke gasoline engines of lawn mowers, a fuel mixture is used in a ratio of 50: 1, where 50 is part of gasoline, 1 is part of oil. That is, 20 ml of oil should be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The table will help you choose the required ratio.
To correctly measure the proportions, use measuring containers with a milliliter scale. For THESE purposes, a special double-necked canister is perfect, it is designed for mixing and storing oil gasoline. For example, oil can be drawn with a medical syringe without a needle. Before mixing liquids Make sure that the ready-mix container contains water, dust and dirt particles.
It is unacceptable to dilute gasoline with lubricant directly in the fuel tank; moreover, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, the trimmer motor can be unstable, due to which it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. This is due to the fact that gasoline tends to dissolve plastic, which means that some of the plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to carburetor breakdown. Although there are special plastic canisters labeled “flame”.
This will require:
- Oil suitable for air-cooled two-stroke engines;
- Canister, preferably metal;
- Mixing container, also better metal;
In addition to protective equipment, do not forget about fire safety rules, because gasoline and engine oil are highly flammable:
- Works better outdoors to avoid the accumulation of gasoline vapors in the room;
- You can not smoke and create situations associated with the occurrence of a spark.
Make a mixture of gasoline and oil as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into a container, add half the required portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do it with extreme caution away from sources of open fire.
- Add the rest of the oil to the trimmer gasoline and mix thoroughly again. Fuel can now be poured into the trimmer fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gasoline in such an amount that it is enough for a few used.
The choice of oil and gasoline for preparing a fuel mixture for a trimmer: dilution ratio table
A trimmer, or lawn mower, is an indispensable tool in the household. over, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. This means that you need to select the correct oil for the trimmer, observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refueling the device.
What gasoline to fill
Gasoline for the trimmer should be chosen unleaded with a stroke number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to device breakdowns, which is a questionable economy.
Fuel must be fresh, that is, after purchase it can be stored for no more than 60 days.
Other factors also affect the quality of the fuel, such as using a special lawn mower lubricant and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed for storing gasoline.
Which oil to choose
For effective trimmer operation, it is necessary to select oil for two-stroke engines. This is due to the lack of an oil sump in such a device. Depending on the chemical composition of the oil, the following classification is distinguished:
- Mineral. based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power and air-cooled equipment, but requires frequent replacement and can only be used in good weather in the warm season;
- Semi-synthetic. suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid cooling;
- Synthetic. based on esters, and do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for 2-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and complete combustion feature. It is recommended to use a lubricant for the trimmer that is suitable for air-cooled units. Most often, it is indicated on the packaging that the oil is intended for garden equipment and is marked I, TV or TC. over, the last of them is the most preferable.
If the consumption of engine oil during the summer season is planned to be large due to the presence of a chainsaw, brush cutter, lawn mower in the garden arsenal, then it is advisable to buy 5 liters of oil at a more favorable price. If it is needed only in order to mix with gasoline and fill the only tool, then 1 liter will be enough.
Lawn mowers often produce the right oil, so you can make your choice easier if you choose the right brand fluid.
How and how much to refuel
Filling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank in such a way that the lid is on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, there is also a mark directly on the tank.
Doing so can cause fuel to spill into the intake manifold and fuel filter, which can cause engine damage or fuel ignition.
When refueling the trimmer, you must follow the safety measures:
- Try to fill in the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can for this;
- If gasoline still spills, then it must be wiped up immediately;
- The start of the trimmer must be started after the container with fuel is removed to a safe and secure place, preferably at a distance of more than 10 meters;
- When there is a long break between operation, drain the remaining fuel.
Correct proportion and adherence to mixing and filling techniques will help prolong the life of the trimmer. At the same time, it is recommended to choose only a high-quality product of the corresponding brand.
How and what to store the finished mixture?
Manufacturers recommend storing the fuel mixture in a clean container, preferably in a metal container. In no case should the mixture be left in direct sunlight, because this will lead not only to the loss of its properties, but also to other very unpleasant consequences. The maximum shelf life of the finished mixture is 30 days.
Depending on how often the car is used, some drivers prepare the mixture once a week, others once a month. Of course, NOT every owner has the time to constantly measure the proportions and mix fuel with oil. It is important to remember that the fresher the mixture, the better it is for the engine.
Many people use plastic cans and bottles as containers for storing the mixture. It is convenient and practical. There is always room for a small plastic bottle. However, you should be careful in this. The fact is that during long-term storage in a plastic container, the fuel mixture can literally “eat through” a hole in it. The process of corroding plastic is very fast. Therefore, it is best to use metal containers.
Perhaps it is not so convenient, but it is more reliable. If, nevertheless, there is a need to use a plastic canister, then remember that you can store the mixture in it for no more than two to three days. Then it needs to be poured into another container.
Proportions and mixing process
How to determine the proportions for mixing oil with gasoline? Standard proportions To be indicated on the oil container. The amount of oil used may differ depending on the manufacturer, but proportions of 1:40 or 1:50 are often used. A slight deviation from this ratio is allowed. This will not entail serious consequences.
Having determined the exact proportions, you need to proceed to the direct preparation of the mixture. How can this be done? Various containers are suitable for this. Important: in no case should you mix fuel and oil directly into the gas tank, pour one liquid after another in turn. the mixture is always prepared separately and only then is slowly poured into the gas tank.
A wide variety of mixing tools can be used, including:
- Special mixing containers. These are handy canisters with two separate compartments. separate for gasoline and oil. To prepare a mixture in such a container, you just need to pour the required amount of liquid, close the container and tilt the canister several times. Such devices are very convenient, but they are also quite expensive. If you have to mix the mixture often enough, then you should think about purchasing such a container.
- Conventional metal and plastic canisters. Standard canisters. The most practical of these. One has only to be careful when using plastic and glass canisters, because when using them, there is a possibility of an electrical discharge. If you need to prepare a small amount of the mixture, you can use a regular plastic bottle.
- Handy means. To save money, many people use improvised devices, for example, children’s horns and even syringes. Such funds are not very convenient, but they cost a penny.
Fuel and oil for mixing
It is not always easy to properly prepare the fuel mixture. It is necessary to correctly calculate the proportions, mix the liquids and store the finished mixture correctly. Some drivers use their own recipes, add their own “secret” ingredients, which may even include soda. To prepare the fuel mixture was not a problem, you need to follow a few simple rules and follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
To prepare the mixture, use standard gasoline and oil from various manufacturers. What brand of gasoline should I use to prepare the oil mixture? Some people mistakenly believe that 80-grade gasoline is best suited, because it contains many different additives. This is partly true, but it does nothing better than gasoline 92nd and 95th brands.
over, it is very difficult to get gasoline of the 80th grade, because not one large fuel producer in the country now produces Ego. Therefore, the best option is gasoline of the 95th brand, which has almost the same cost as gasoline of the 92nd brand.
What is the best oil for mixing? It all depends on the driver’s preferences in a particular manufacturer. The only important thing is to use oil only for its intended purpose. If oil for tractors or boats is for a car it is not worth using.
How to mix 2-stroke gasoline and oil
The ratio of oil to gasoline is the main fuel for two-stroke engines. The fuel mixture guarantees efficient operation of the engine, helps to preserve its moving parts and reduce the number of breakdowns.
Signs of misuse
Using a dirty or disproportionate mixture can lead to serious engine malfunctions. If you made a mistake when mixing. it’s okay, because the car itself will tell you about it. You just need to be attentive to some signs, including:
- The appearance of dirt and various deposits on the carburetor.
- Rapid clogging of the fuel filter located in the gas tank.
- Oxidation of the carburetor walls and loss of elasticity of the rubber diaphragm in various parts of the gas tank. This symptom manifests itself only with prolonged storage of an unsuitable mixture directly into the gas tank of a car.
Fuel mixture preparation rules
The process of preparing the fuel mixture should begin with a detailed acquaintance with the instructions attached to it. As mentioned at the beginning of the article, some drivers who, in their opinion, have incredible experience, do everything “by eye”. Of course, over time, each driver knows how and what to do, however, each mixture has its own differences, so it will never be superfluous to get acquainted with the advice from the manufacturer.
The main rules for operating the fuel mixture include:
- Do NOT under any circumstances reduce the proportion of oil to gasoline. Oil is an expensive component, so many people decide to save on it. However, an insufficient amount of oil in the mixture leads to strong heating of the piston and cylinder of the engine. Because of this, seizures appear, which ultimately leads to the need for serious repairs.
- DO NOT use too much oil in relation to gasoline. Increasing the proportions of the oil is also detrimental to engine performance. An excessive amount of oil leads to an increase in carbon deposits and rapid wear of the engine mechanism. Repair in this case will cost as much as in the first case.
- Do not store the prepared mixture for more than 30 days. Otherwise, it loses its properties and the use of such a mixture can harm the engine.
- Do not allow dirt, dust and second mechanical debris to enter, due to which the engine may become unusable.
Formation of gummy deposits in the carburetor area.
At the slightest manifestation of one of the signs, it is necessary to make changes in the mixing process, choosing more suitable proportions. This way you can select the ideal fuel mixture and avoid serious engine malfunctions.
In order to independently prepare the correct fuel mixture, which will ensure ideal engine performance, you must use the correct fuel, strictly adhere to the proportions indicated by the manufacturer, use a suitable container and store the ready mixture for NOT longer than 30 days. By adhering to THESE rules, you will prepare the perfect mixture for your car engine.