How to remove the trimmer head from an electric trimmer
Trimmer for the grass, whether it is gasoline or electronic, is the only true solution for mowing grass in inaccessible areas with whom coil mowers can not cope. As a cutting tool in trimmers used iron knives or a special line for trimmer, which is tucked into the coil trimmer for grass. But, unfortunately, trimmer heads in use over time deteriorate. Some failures can be removed with their own hands, and some useful full replacement mowing head.
the line for the trimmer does not extend automatically
If the grass trimmer spool button lightly strikes the ground and the trimmer line does not lengthen, the prerequisites for this may be as follows.
Variant 1. a jamming issue has occurred, i.e.е. the filament is caught between the coils. This problem usually occurs if the user has wound the line for trimmer on the spool unevenly, with crossed turns, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head rotates at high speeds, the cord begins to tighten under the influence of centrifugal force, which can result in the inter-twist clamping of the line. To fix the problem you will have to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, in other words, with even turns with a good tension.
Variant 2. very short ends protrude from the head. the line for the trimmer may not come out when hitting the ground, if its ends sticking out of the head are not long enough (not long enough). In that case, there is not enough centrifugal force to stretch the trimmer’s cutting line. So you need to stop the machine (turn off the engine or unplug the trimmer elletricheskogo grass trimmer from the network) and pull the line for the trimmer manually, by first pressing the button.
Variant 3. A line for a trimmer has soldered inside the mowing head. This leads to the fact that the coil is stopped and does not rotate when you press the button. Basically, there are several reasons for this: bad quality of cord, overheating of spool during prolonged machine operation, striking of line on solid objects.
- In the first case, the cord may be made of low-quality and easily fusible materials that cannot withstand the mechanical and thermal loading. That is why you should give preference to “brand-name” lines.
- But if you still caught the line for a trimmer unknown properties, and it often soldered while working, then you can follow the example of certain users, who after filling the cord in the coil lubricate it or silicone grease (from a canister), or mineral oil. This procedure much lessens the chance that the line will solder to each other.
- Also, trimmer lines may solder if they hit a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) while mowing.д.). This procedure significantly reduces the length of the line between the coils of the line and the mowing head. The friction causes the cord to get hot and the coils to stick together. The only thing you can do to fix this malfunction is to open the grass trimmer spool and rewind the trimmer line.
Coil types according to their correspondence to brushcutter models
In addition to the methods of charging and feeding the cutting line, the mowing headsets are divided among themselves according to their correspondence to different trimmer models. The following spools are available for sale:
Original. suitable only for certain brushcutter models. It is not possible to use them for installation with other trimmers because of the mismatch of thread connections;
Universal. these models can be fitted to any brushcutter. A universal spool costs a little more, but it can be used in turns by several different brushcutter owners.
Most often on sale you can find original spools of brands STIHL, Husqvarna, Oleo-Mac, Echo. In turn, universal mowing headsets are produced by Champion, Shindaiwa, Partner.
Why use a blade on the weed trimmer
A grass trimmer with blade attachment is best used for cutting tall and coarse grass in the countryside. A line for a trimmer on a brushcutter is no good in such cases. The thin one tears very quickly. Using a thick 2.3 mm cord or homemade ropes with ropes force the vegetation to wind up on the bobbin. This increases the load on the engine. As a result, the piston group and other moving parts of the machine wear out very quickly.
If you mow weeds with an electric trimmer without a blade, the problem cannot be solved by the line alone, even if it is thick with a shaped section. There is always a risk of overheating the electric motor and failure of the flexible shaft. And it’s all down to the high torque of the electric motor. Grass wrapped around the spindle creates strong resistance to the shaft, reminiscent of a speedometer cable, which cannot withstand and twists.
In order to preserve the technique from premature wear, manufacturers have provided the opportunity to install special knives on trimmers for grass. Design and shape of existing cutting elements allows not only to cope with coarsened and overgrown grass, but also to fight successfully with young shrubs.
How to remove the spool and replace the line for the trimmer
Owners trimmers, mostly new, get confused, bordering on panic, when there is a need to change the cutting tool or line for a trimmer in the coil. very often when trying to unscrew the mowing head users simply cause it to fail, not realizing that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To avoid this, if you need to replace the tool, it is recommended to read the following step by step annotation.
- Before tucking the line for trimmer into the spool, turn off the engine of brushcutter or de-energize the electric trimmer for grass to avoid injuries that can occur when accidentally starting the rotation of the cutting tool.
- Unscrew the nozzle mounted on the gear shaft. To do this, the shaft must be fixed by aligning the hole on the washer and the shaft, and placing them in an iron bar or screwdriver.
- Unscrew the head. It is important to know that the thread on the shaft is left. Because the grass trimmer spool should be turned to the right, in other words, in a clockwise direction.
- to disassemble the mowing head. In most cases the brushcutter head cover is mounted on a retainer. To remove the screws must be pressed into the body by pushing the edges of the cover off. In the case if your trimmer has an automatic mowing head that has a button at the bottom, then disassemble the head should be carried out carefully, as you can lose the spring, which from time to time flies out when you remove the cover.
- Cut the length of line you wish to use. Usually its length is 5 meters. Use only the diameter of the cord indicated in the manual. It is not recommended to exceed the largest line cross-section, as this will result in an excessive load on the engine and higher gasoline consumption.
- Locate the center of the cord by folding it in half. You have a loop.
- There are special grooves (there may be holes) inside the reel. Insert a loop of fishing line in this groove.
- Wind the line for the trimmer on the spool by turning it counterclockwise. Make sure the cords are tucked in very straight and with good tension. When you have finished winding it, leave the free ends of the line about 20cm long and secure them into the slots on the sides of the spool.
- Assemble the mowing head. Before you completely assemble the nozzle, don’t forget to insert the spring and washer (if available). Insert the spool into the housing and thread the ends of the cords through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the gearbox shaft by also securing it with a screwdriver. Screw the grass trimmer reel to the left (against h. arrow).
Cord extends spontaneously
There are situations when the user trimmer for grass notices a very sharp flow of line. But he has never hit the button on the ground to lengthen the line. A prerequisite that the line trimmer spontaneously lengthens, cutting on a special knife on the hood of the machine, can serve as a lack of spring in the mowing head. Often beginning users of mowers, trying to load line trimmer spool, forget to install pinch spring in the head, or completely lose it when opening the cover, and in the future, do not even know about its existence.
Reels with semi-automatic control
Semi-automatic reel, installed on the trimmer, allows you to feed the line for the trimmer, using the centrifugal force arising from its rotation. To feed the line, you need to touch the head of the spool to the ground and at the same time press the button that opens the anchor mechanism. This key is located on the control handle. No need to turn off the grass trimmer.
To recap! There can be two types of semi-automatic spools on the trimmer spare parts market: one-sectional, in which the line for the trimmer is wound on both sides evenly, and two-sectional, where the cutting cord has to be threaded into each section separately.
Is it possible to make a reel for grass trimmer with your own hands
Such a homemade mowing attachment is fixed on the shaft with a nut. It is not possible to turn or unscrew the nut without locking the shaft. To change the cord, it will be enough to release the screws, insert a piece of fishing line of the desired length and attach it again.
It is also possible to make a mowing head for attaching a line on it from an iron sheet. How to do this, you can realize from the following.
Grass trimmer reel design
Mowing heads for trimmers come in different designs. both simple and complex. The illustration below shows a semi-automatic trimmer head from a Husqvarna brushcutter (Husqvarna) disassembled.
This type of head is present in the package of the majority of gasoline mowers and electric trimmers, such as STIHL (STIHL), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The design of the mowing head is simple enough. It includes the following parts:
- The base of the mowing head;
- button for semi-automatic feeding of the cord;
- Bobbin (spool), in which the line for the trimmer is tucked;
- eyelets. through them the line for the trimmer comes out;
- trimmer head cover;
- line for trimmer (cord).
There are also simpler trimmer heads, shown in the following photo.
All of these attachments do not allow you to change the length of the line in semi-automatic mode (after pressing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it by hand.
How to Remove a Pressed Reel from an Electric Trimmer
AQUARIUM LED lighting fixture is inexpensive and harsh. Bosch ART 20 three SL grass trimmer at work. How to Start a Gasoline Torch. gasoline grass trimmer. Start cool gasoline torches. Grass trimmer electric SKIL seven hundred 30 5 AA. Bosch ART 20 6 SL grass trimmer full. FORTE EMK-360 grass trimmer, change of mowing line. Brazier for feeding from a gas cylinder without assistance from others. How to Wind a Trimmer Line onto a Reel grass trimmer. Bosch ART 20 6 COMBITRIM grass trimmer. Cheap Bosch ART 20 three SL grass trimmer. How to wind a trimmer line on a grass trimmer reel? Bosch ART 20 trimmer for grass. Bosch ART 20 trimmer SL. How to assemble and run a trimmer for grass (shieldkoriz) part 3.5. PITNICK FOR THINGS FROM CHINA.
This grass trimmer does not need to take a spool every time, it is very principled to change the line for the trimmer in the existing spool for a new coil.
To change the line for grass trimmer Bosch ART 20 three Easytrim, I suggest using this annotation, provided by me below.
trimmer for grass Bosch art 20 three easytrim, according to the instructions, is required to have a line for trimmer width of 1.6 mm, but this device perfectly transmits line for trimmer width of 2.7 mm. And from time to time I would like to mention that the line for the trimmer two mm will ease the process of mowing.
Fasten the spool resistance sixteen so that it does not twist.
Return the spool cap fourteen counterclockwise and remove.
Remove the empty spool seventeen from the cover.
Pass the end of the new or tightened spool through the hole
Release approximately nine centimeters of mowing line from the spool.
Install the spool with a lid fourteen
How to remove spool head: EGO Powerload 56V trimmer
Now it is necessary to take 5 meters of new mowing line and cut it in half (to find the middle). In the middle part of the spool, of course, there is a notch (in some designs. hole), on which to hook our line for the trimmer. There is also an arrow on the spool that shows the winding direction. Principal detail. If the spool has two.
Many owners of garden spools are struck by issues of configuration Mowing line in the head of the grass trimmer. At the same time, this turns into a real hassle, which can not only make the tool, but also the mower not work anymore. To prevent a similar situation, we will analyze the process of configuration cord (mowing line) in the nozzle step by step.
Remove the nozzle from the box. To do this, the side hole or washer upper form and recesses on the axis, stick a screwdriver and fix the shaft from scrolling. Then it is possible to unscrew the nozzle. Keep in mind that the thread on the shaft has a left-handed cut, respectively, it is necessary to unscrew the element by turning it to the right.
The next step is to disassemble the body of the device. Usually the cover is fastened through the slotted holes with the sliders. To open it, it is necessary to lower the bolts in the body and press the edges of the cover. If the mowing heads have an automatic or automatic mowing line feed, it means that there is a spring inside, when.
I wish to assign this article a painful topic of dachnikov and gardeners of the whole post-Soviet place “How to fill the line in the trimmer”. Far from all Russian industry auto trimmer answers to this question in their own instruction manuals. Therefore, it is also difficult for ordinary gardeners to understand how to do it correctly.
Method 1. how to correctly wind the line for the trimmer or put it on the spool and choose the required length
To implement this method, you will need to prepare a line for the trimmer of the required length (usually up to 4 meters). It all depends on the thickness of the equipment used, as well as the design of the coil. There’s a simple way to figure out the right amount of fishing line you’ll need to tuck into the reel.
Help! How to Fix a Jammed Up Trimmer Head | Ryobi Expand-It Example
The thicker the equipment used, the shorter its length will be needed, and vice versa, the thinner, the longer the cut will be needed.
The instructions on how to correctly tuck the fishing line into the tip of the grass trimmer or brushcutter is as follows:
To begin with, a piece of fishing line, which has been prepared to install in the reel, must be folded in half. In this case, one edge should protrude more than the second by 10-15 cm
There is no problem with how to put the drum in place. There is also a second way to load the mowing attachment into the brushcutter. What is different, and how the second method of charging the fishing line on the brushcutter spool, we will find out in detail.