Why this tool is called differently
Trimmer was originally understood as a manual lawnmower with an electric motor. At the same time, the mower was powered both from the mains and from the battery, which can be installed on a rod or transferred to special pouches.
The main cutting element is the fishing line, which creates some restrictions on the type of grass processed: you can only mow plants with a thin and soft stem. The mowing area is limited by the length of the cable or the capacity of the battery. However, recently, braids with gasoline engines have also been called trimmers. They give greater mobility to the worker, which can significantly increase the size of the site.
You may also like
Trimmer Stihl FS 55 Motokosa DOES NOT develop speed, stalls, we sort the carburetor By Andrey Florida Published: June 21, 2017 Views 47 880I liked this: 213I DON’T like it: 27 Trimmer Stihl FS 55 Motokosa DOES NOT develop speed.
Rotary mower KRN-2.1 is one of the set of tools used in agricultural production, which is produced at once by several companies in many countries of the world. It is not universal, alas, it is applied immediately with several different models compatible.
In this material, we will consider the usual malfunctions of the tiller motor and methods for their elimination. Usually, there are two types of motor defects: 1. The engine does not start. 3.5. The engine does not run satisfactorily (does not gain power, runs intermittently, remains.
Tiller manufacturers and models are known. | Posted by Jonita Famous manufacturers and models of popular tillers. This article is taken from the site. There are a large number of tillers of various brands in the world, but most of them.
Step-by-step annotation on how to wind the line on the trimmer reel With the arrival of spring, you often spend your time in the country or in your garden plot. Wrap the line tightly Now you can put it all on the trimmer, Bosch ART 23 SL trimmer like. How right.
Step 4. measuring the amount of line you need
Newbie mowers are usually interested in how many meters of line to wind on the trimmer reel? There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- Unwind a skein of line on a flat, dry place and separate half of it.
- Measure 3-4 meters of line from the skein.
In any case, after the end of the winding, the turns of the line should be on the body of the reel, and not sliding off it. You don’t need to try to wind as much as possible, as the line will unwind poorly and break more often.
Step 5. wind the line onto the reel
How to attach the line to the trimmer depends on the coil design. Consider the option when there is one outlet for the line in the coil body. In this case, the end of the line is clamped in the crevice of the reel, and then we wind the line, trying to lay the turns as tightly as possible. The direction of laying the turns should be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil and is usually indicated on its inner part. After the end of winding on the spool, you must put on a protective casing and bring the end of the line into it
If the reel is designed to work with two tails, then the line must be folded in half and laid in the groove in the center of the reel. Further winding will be carried out along one or two slots, depending on the coil design. The direction of winding must also be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil. At the end of the ponytail, the line will also need to be led out into the holes on the top of the reel.
What is a trimmer
Trimmer means lawn mowers or electric mowers. In fact, it is a type of lawn mower (hand mower) that is designed for mowing grass. This is a modern braid. Initially they were developed for agricultural work, but the main application of trimmers was precisely lawn mowing.
For the first time the idea to create a trimmer came to the mind of the American entrepreneur J. Ballas. While driving his car through an automatic car wash, he noticed that the principle of rotating brushes could be used to mow crops.
He then assembled a primitive trimmer from a tin can (as a spool) and a fishing line threaded through the holes drilled in it. He installed the resulting structure on a pole, on which the engine from a moped was previously mounted. The device mowed Not only wheat, but also grass. Realizing that he would earn a lot of money by selling the scythe, the entrepreneur improved his product and gave it the name “Weed killer”. A feature of the invention was the ability to squint the grass around the trees. the forests cut the grass perfectly, but did not injure measles.
The main purpose of such a tool was to mow grass in small areas in places where classic wheeled vehicles cannot be used:
- In the presence of a large number of shrubs;
- In gardens with many trees;
- Near fences and fences;
- If the site has uneven relief.
How to load the line into the trimmer?
So, our task is to properly load the line into the trimmer. Let’s take a closer look at what it will start to carry out and what pitfalls can await us in the process.
Step 1. choosing the line
How to choose a replacement line?
The trimmer reel can be fitted with a variety of line diameters from 1.6mm and ending with 3.2mm cutting thread. Users often prefer a medium diameter line of about 2 mm.
If you do not know exactly what thickness is required for the existing trimmer model, just look at the technical data sheet of the device. Usually this parameter is specified by the manufacturer.
It should be noted that the “string” for cutting grass is completely unsuitable for removing thick weeds or bushes. To avoid breaking and refilling the coil, just use a trimmer with a metal knife attachment.
In general, both types of trimmers are fairly compact, easy-to-use tools that produce relatively little noise. The only drawback of electrical models is the limited length of the network wire, which imposes restrictions on free movement around the site. However, the inconvenience is solved by connecting the unit to a portable extension cord.
Change the line to a chain from a chainsaw
Results. Installing and securing the chain
How to wind the line correctly on the trimmer spool
Many, having worked out the factory line on the recently purchased trimmers, are trying to wind a new one, but they cannot, because they do not know how to properly wind the line on the spool (bobbin) of the trimmer. It seems that there is an instruction, but it still does not work. Let’s try in this article to deal with this issue.
So, in order to wind the line, you first need to remove the coil from the trimmer. this will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
than 200 types of trimmers in one place at the lowest prices. Click and watch
Now, having removed and disassembled the coil, we proceed, in fact, to winding.
Removing the coil from the trimmer
On small electric trimmers with a bottom-mounted motor (when it is in the ground while working), the reels usually have two keys on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When disassembling, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to grab the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the Trimmer Bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying NOT to lose the spring inside.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife), we look for a hole under the coil, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver does NOT crawl even deeper and the coil will lock. Now steep the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left-hand) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled using snaps or a twisted lamb. If the coil is on latches, then press on the sides on the base of the latches so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just unscrew the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection between the two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper part with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you also need to make sure that the spring inside is not lost.
If your coil is designed to work with only one tendril, then it’s simple. You need to unwind 2-4 m of fishing line (depending on the size of the reel), find a hole on the inside of the reel for the fixing line, insert one end of the line there and start winding the line in the direction opposite to the direction of rotation of the reel on the trimmer. On the inside of the reel, they usually indicate with an arrow in which direction to wind the line. I wound the fishing line, we leave a small piece of it unwound to put it out. We fix this piece in a specially groove located on the inner part of the reel and designed so that at the time of collecting the reel, the line does NOT unwind. If there is such a groove, then you will have to hold the fishing line with your finger to prevent it from unwinding during the further collection of the coil. Next, we take the outer part of the coil and threading the outer piece of fishing line into the existing hole, collect and put the coil back on the trimmer.
If the coil is designed to work with two tendrils, then do the following. On the inside of the reel, we look at how many grooves there are for winding the fishing line. There may be one or two of them. If there is only one groove, then both tendrils are wound along this one groove. If there are two grooves, then each antenna is wound along its own groove. Reels with one groove should have a through hole through which the fishing line is threaded. We rewind 2-4 m of fishing line, threading it through this hole so that the fishing line sticks out equally on each side. And we simultaneously wind both tendrils of the fishing line in one direction, opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil to the trim tabs and coinciding with the direction indicated by the arrow on the inside of the coil. We leave a little of the fishing line unwound, the resulting ends We fix in the Special grooves, and if they are not there, we hold them with our fingers. Threading both ends into the existing holes on the outer casing of the coil. We collect the coil and fasten it to the trimmers.
If there are two grooves, fold a piece of fishing line 2-4 m long in half. Insert the loop obtained at the place of the fold into the groove between the two grooves, and simultaneously wind both ends of the fishing line along its own groove. Further actions are similar to the previous option.
There are also spools in which the fishing line is threaded through a through hole on the inside. After that, the ends of the line, and not winding, are threaded completely through the holes on the outer body of the reel, assemble the reel and begin to rotate the button, which is usually pressed, in order to release the line during operation as it wears out. Turning the button. the line itself is wound inside. In this case, twisting it in the “wrong” direction will NOT work, since it can only rotate in one direction. If you get used to it, you can wind fishing line on such a reel without even disassembling it. you just need to combine the through hole of the inner drum with the holes on the outer body of the reel, and then thread the fishing line through them.
That’s all on this issue. Happy winding!
How to remove the spool and replace the line
Trimmer owners, mostly beginners, find themselves in confusion, bordering on panic, when they need to change the cutting tool or line in the reel. Very often, when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply render it unusable, and not suspecting that it is unscrewed in the opposite direction. To prevent this from happening, if you need to change the tool, it is recommended to Read the Step-by-step instructions given below.
- Stop the mowers engine or power off the trimmer before threading the line into the spool to avoid personal injury that could result from accidentally starting the cutting tool.
- Unscrew the nozzle attached to the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be fixed by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axle, and inserted a metal rod or screwdriver into them.
- Unscrew the nozzle. You should be aware that the thread on the shaft is left-hand. Therefore, it turns the trimmer coil to the right, that is, clockwise.
- Let’s disassemble the mowing head. Most often, the head cover is attached to a latch. To remove it, you need to sink these clips into the case, squeeze the edges of the cover. If your trimmer has a Semi-automatic mowing head with a button on the bottom, then the disassembly of the nozzle should be done carefully, since you can lose the spring, which sometimes flies out when the cover is removed.
- Cut off the required amount of line. Usually its length is 5 meters. Use a cord of the same diameter as indicated in the instructions for the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum line diameter as this will result in increased engine stress and higher gas mileage.
- Find the midpoint of the line by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- Special grooves are cut inside the coil (there may be holes). Insert a loop of line into this groove.
- Wind the line around the spool by turning it counterclockwise. The cord should be tucked in as evenly as possible, the turns should lie down without overlap and with good tension. When the winding is finished, leave the free ends of the line about 20 cm long and fix them in the grooves on the sides of the reel.
- Assemble the mowing head. Remember to insert the spring and washer (if equipped) before final assembly of the accessory. Place the spool in the body and thread the ends of the cord through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and lock it latches.
- Screw the adapter back onto the gearbox shaft, also securing it with a screwdriver. You will need to twist the trimmer coil to the left (against the arrows).
Trimmer coil device
Trimmer mowing heads come in a variety of designs, both simple and complex. The picture below shows an exploded view of the Husqvarna (Husqvarna) Semi-Automatic Trimmer Head.
This type of head is present on most lawn mowers and trimmers such as Stihl (Stihl), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The device of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following details:
- Mowing head base;
- Button for semi-automatic feeding of a cord;
- Bobbin (spool) into which the line is tucked;
- Eyes. through them the line comes out;
- Trimmer head cover;
- Line (cord).
There are also simpler trim heads, shown in the following photo.
All these equipment do not allow changing the length of the line in a semi-automatic mode (after pressing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
The cord lengthens spontaneously
There are times when the trimmer user notices a very fast line flow. However, he never hit the ground with a button to lengthen the line. The reason that the line spontaneously lengthens, cutting into a special knife on the casing of the device, may be the absence of a spring in the mowing head. Often novice users of mowers, trying to load the line into the reel, forget to install the pressure spring in the head, or completely lose it when opening the lid, and in the future, they do not even suspect of its existence.
DIY trimmer coil repair
A petrol or electric trimmer is the only true solution for mowing grass in hard-to-reach places that a wheeled lawnmower does NOT. Trimmers use metal knives or special fishing line as a cutting tool, which is tucked into the trimmer coil. But, unfortunately, the trimmer heads become unusable over time during operation. Some malfunctions can be eliminated by hand, and with some you will need a complete replacement of the mowing head.
Major coil faults
Trimmer users and lawn mowers often face a problem with a semi-automatic mowing head. Coil malfunctions can be as follows:
- The line does NOT lengthen automatically;
- The cord spontaneously comes out of the reel.
The line does NOT extend automatically
If the line is NOT lengthened by lightly hitting the trimmer button into the ground, the reasons for this may be the following.
Option 1. a bite has occurred, i.E. Clamping the cord between the turns. This problem usually appears if the user has been winding the line on the reel unevenly, with the intersection of turns, or winding it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head rotates at high speeds under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to tighten, as a result of which inter-turn clamping of the fishing line is possible. To fix the problem, you will have to disassemble the coil into trimmers and rewind the cord correctly, that is, in even turns with good tension.
Option 2. too short ends protrude from the head. The fishing line may not come out when it hits the ground if its ends sticking out of the head are not long enough (short). In this case, the centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the line. Therefore, it is required to stop the unit (turn off the engine or disconnect the trimmer from the mains) and pull the line manually, after pressing the button.
Option 3. the line is soldered inside the mowing head. This causes the coil to lock and NOT spin when the button is pressed. Basically, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the coil during prolonged operation of the unit, line hitting hard objects.
- In the first case, third-party cord can be made of low-quality and low-melting materials, which DO NOT withstand mechanical and temperature stress. Therefore, you should give preference to “branded” fishing line.
- But, if you nevertheless purchased a fishing line of unknown quality, and it is often soldered during operation, then you can follow the example of some users who, after filling the cord into the reel, moisten it with either silicone grease (from a can) or mineral oil. This procedure greatly reduces the likelihood of soldering the turns of the fishing line together.
- Also, the line can be welded if, during mowing, it hits a hard object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc.). As a result, it stretches slightly and is pulled back into the head at high speed. Here the friction of the cord heats up, and its turns stick together. The only thing that can be done to eliminate this malfunction is to open the trimmer spool and rewind the line.
Is it possible to make a coil for a trimmer with your own hands
- Take a piece of plywood or PCB and draw a circle about 14 cm in diameter on it.
- Cut the disc with a jigsaw or metal saw.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disc that matches the diameter of the gearbox shaft. Do not forget to put a washer on it before installing the disc on the shaft.
- Small corners can be screwed along the edges of the disc or 1-2 holes can be made on opposite sides. They will serve for filling the fishing line in them.
- To fix the line, you can screw several screws into the plywood.
This homemade mowing attachment is attached to the shaft with a nut. Tighten or unscrew the nut without fixing the shaft. To replace the cord, it will be enough to loosen the screws, insert a piece of line of the required length and press it again.
Also, the mowing head for attaching the fishing line to it can be made of metal sheet. How to do this can be understood from the following.