Types of trimmer lines
First of all, in order not to resort to frequent replacements, it is better to use a denser line. The number of its types and manufacturing firms is simply amazing. The main parameter of the trimmer line is its diameter. It varies from 1.6 to 3.2 mm. The most common type is 2mm line. However, its selection must be made depending on the type of trimmer you have.
Method 2. how to properly put the line on the reel of lawn mowers with photo description and video
The second method differs from the first in that it is not a single piece of equipment that is charged into the coil, but segments from two parts. This method is used by manufacturers, and it is also suitable for those who have leftover material. The principle of how to insert two lengths of line into a lawn mower’s line is the same as with the first method, and to make sure of this, below are detailed instructions:
- There are two equal length pieces of material that you can use.
- One piece is taken, and the edge is bent in the form of a clamping bracket or hook, with which the fishing line will be secured
- Inside the coil there are holes in the form of a bracket for fixing, which are there for a reason. If they are not there, then the second option will not work. The appearance of these brackets is shown in the photo below. Each bracket is in its own half
- The brace of the fishing line should be hooked on the bracket, and wind it in observing the direction of the arrow
- The rig is wound until a 10-15 cm segment remains, which is fixed in the corresponding hole on the side of the guide
- Manipulations with the second end of the fishing line are carried out in the same way.
- The protrusions are inserted into the holes of the head, and then, removing the equipment from the temporary fasteners in the coil, the cover with the latches is installed
The above instructions on how to install a fishing line in the lawnmower will help not only correctly, but also quickly make the replacement procedure. Assembling the trimmer coil, as mentioned above, can be done without removing the head, but in this case, you will need to conveniently fix the tool. Video instruction is presented below.
the lawn mower is manual. Replacing the line in the reel.
In this video I show how easy and simple it is to wind the line on the reel of a hand-held lawnmower yourself.
There are several options for the section of the line. So, it can be round, square, in the form of an asterisk with sharp edges. The last option is the most effective. However, it should only be used on powerful braids and at the same time you need to know how to thread the line into the trimmer spool. Therefore, we can conclude that the more powerful your lawn mower, the thicker the line should be.
Step-by-step instructions on how to wind the trimmer reel and lawn mowers
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head and look at the side wall of the reel. This information is usually presented on a tip, which will not allow you to make mistakes with the use of the appropriate equipment.
If there is information on the reel about the diameter of the line you can fill in, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the rig, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of lawn mowers and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable.
How does a line head work on a lawn mower why you need to know how it works
Depending on the manufacturer, the heads differ structurally not only externally, but also internally. Most drums have a pressure spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic). Above is an instruction on how to disassemble the trimmer head without a spring, i.e. on the head of the manual type. The principle of dismantling a semi-automatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the instructions described above.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic trimmer coil is as follows:
- Inside the head there is a coil, which is fitted on the slots, which prevent its free movement.
- A spring acts on the coil, which presses it against the slots in the cover structure
- A fishing line is wound on the tip, the length of which depends on the tool itself. Typically this length is between 1 and 4 meters.
- During the performance of work, if it is necessary to increase the length of the line, the protruding part of the drum is pressed, whereby it disengages from the splines. In this case, the line is unwound from the drum, increasing in length
- After releasing the required amount of fishing line, release the pressure and continue cutting the grass
The advantage of a tool with a line is that this consumable does not require sharpening, compared to metal discs. In addition, if a stone or a tree comes across on the way, the line simply breaks off, without adversely affecting the gearbox and engine of the tool, as is the case with metal cutting discs.
Knowing the design and device of the types of mowing or trimmer heads, it is necessary to go on to consider the process of threading the line into the trimmer spool. After all, it is this moment that causes difficulties for most owners of special tools.
Tips and tricks on how to wind the line and what you need to know
There are some useful tips and tricks that will be useful to learn not only for beginners, but also for experienced mowers. These tips will help prevent negative consequences in the form of injury and malfunctioning of the mechanism. These guidelines read as follows:
- It is necessary to install the cover until it clicks. over, this is 2 or more clicks, which depends on the number of latches. If one of the latch does not snap into place, the drum may jump out when starting the tool and injure a person.
- Do not reel in the line with a strong pull, or more than you can insert it into place. It is better not to wind up the rig than there will be more of it, as this will lead to negative consequences in the form of the impossibility of unwinding it if necessary
- If you own a tool not with two line leads, but with one (usually these are low-power units), then the winding process is performed in a similar sequence, as described above, only with the difference in the absence of a middle rim between the extreme bases of the coil
- After replacing the material, it is necessary to first check the operability of the tool, and after that start mowing the grass. If you do not make a preliminary check, then the scaffolding can unwind and injure a person.
The result of the work done is as follows. after the replacement of the new material, the usual one is enough for an area of up to 600 square meters, but taking into account the presence of a reinforcing layer on the fishing line. Conventional nylon materials last less, which is important to consider when working. Do not try to cut thick-stemmed grass with fishing line, as there are special metal discs or knives for this.
Trimmer for giving
How To Trim Line In Trimmer Video
Very often, those people who personally own dachas and vegetable gardens are faced with the need to care for the lawn on the site. In such cases, you simply cannot do without an ordinary hand braid or trimmer. The first one is slowly receding into the second plan, and the number of people who use it is decreasing. The trimmer works automatically and does not require huge expenditure of energy. over, you don’t need a special skill to use it.
Very often, those people who personally own dachas, vegetable gardens, are faced with the need to care for the lawn on the site. In such cases, you simply cannot do without an ordinary hand braid or trimmer. The first one is slowly receding into the second plan, and the number of people who use it is decreasing. The trimmer works automatically and does not require huge expenditure of energy. over, you do not need to have a special skill to use it.
A process such as winding a fishing line on a trimmer is not difficult, but it has its own characteristics. First, you need to choose the right fishing line, the diameter of which is prescribed in the device’s passport.
First, unscrew the spool cap. Be careful, as the thread can be left or right. The left-hand thread is necessary so that the head of the scythe does not unwind during operation.
In order to easily wind the line around the trimmer reel, it is worth deciding what tasks the garden tool will perform. The thicker the thread that is threaded into the head, the more difficult the tasks it will be able to accomplish. It should be noted that a universal thread is often used, the width of which does not exceed 2 mm. You, in turn, can determine the size using the following methods:
- familiarize yourself with the information contained in the instructions from the manufacturer;
- check the suitability of the fishing line for use on your own by trying to insert it into the hole of the reel;
- examine the spool for information on the diameters allowed for use.
The selection of the line for threading into the trimmer reel can be carried out according to the type of engine. For example, an excessively thick thread can increase the rotational resistance. Because of this, the load on the engine will increase, which will certainly affect the quality and terms of its further operation.
Avoiding negative consequences is not difficult. To do this, it must be borne in mind that for electric motors with a power of up to 500 W, a fishing line with a diameter of up to 1.2 mm is ideal. If you cannot get such a thread, you can use a 1.6 mm cord. A thread with a diameter of 2 mm, in turn, is used for motors with a power of more than 1 kW. It should be noted that 2 mm cord is often used for winding on a bent mower. If the gasoline device has a straight shaft, use a 2.5 or 3 mm thread. The thickest lines are installed exclusively on devices with a power equal to or greater than 1.3 kW.
Last but not least, the cross section of the line is. When choosing it, you should focus on the tasks set for the garden tool. There are several popular section options:
String Trimmer Head | How to install new trimmer line on a traditional bump head
- twisted. has a small margin of safety, which is why it is suitable exclusively for young grass;
- serrated. characterized by sharp edges, suitable for working in weedy areas;
- round is the most common section. Such lines do well with fresh grass, but are not suitable for shrubs and dead wood;
- rectangular, square and star section types. due to low strength they are used for work on lawns.
The strongest and most versatile cord is a two-piece round line with a core inside. It is this thread that is suitable for most work. It should be remembered that the use of fishing line, ordinary wire and other third-party materials as a cord is dangerous for others.
Removing and disassembling the coil
To properly rewind the line on the trimmer reel, you need to familiarize yourself with the structure of the trimmer head. It consists of a protective cover, a bobbin with thread, a body cover, and a spring, which is present only in some devices.
Before disassembling the coil, it is necessary to completely turn off / de-energize the device. In this case, the way of carrying out the work directly depends on the type of head. The first option is to carry out the following actions:
- User presses down on the latches located on both sides of the cover.
- After removing the cover, the spool is removed. Some models may have a spring, which must also be removed.
- There is a screw in the center of the case, which should be unscrewed with a regular screwdriver.
- When the fasteners are removed, it remains to remove the gearbox from the shaft, gently shaking the product body.
The second option for removing the spool for threading the line into the trimmer is to screw the head onto the gear shaft. To carry out such a procedure, many devices are equipped with a hole into which an instrument can be inserted. When the screwdriver is inserted, the user only needs to grasp the product body and rotate it clockwise. It is noteworthy that this method, in contrast to the previously described method, is simple to execute.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
Spool Trimmer Heads
The head is the main part of the trimmer. It is a base with a spool on which a cord thread is wound. In total, there are 3 types of heads:
- Manual. Allows you to lengthen the cord (line) manually after a complete stop of the engine.
- Semi-automatic. The use of such a head is simple and convenient. It works according to the following principle: after waiting until the trimmer reaches maximum speed, the user gently knocks the head of the device on the ground, due to which the blocking of the line is removed. Thus, the cord is pushed out due to centrifugal force, and the owner of the device only needs to cut it off with a knife.
- Automatic. The line is fed after the engine speed has decreased. Such a head turns out to be convenient in cases where there is a need for long-term work. The disadvantage of the device, in turn, is the rapid wear of the cord thread.
Now, to figure out how to thread the trimmer spool, you should pay attention to the choice of cord.
It’s easy to insert the line into the trimmer. To carry out this operation, you must adhere to a simple algorithm of actions. The first step will be to determine the sufficient amount of consumables. To make its calculations, it is necessary to wind the line on the spool so that the resulting skein is less than or equal to the diameter of the sides of the structure.
When you have decided on the size of the cord, you need to fold it in such a way that one part of it is 15 cm longer than the other. The winding of the cord thread begins with a bead dividing the bobbin into 2 parts. There will be a mount in which you need to insert the thread, bent in half.
Now you need to understand in which direction to tuck the line into the trimmer. To do this, you need to inspect the spool. often a special arrow is indicated on it. If there is no explanatory information, find the pointer on the trimmer head and start winding in the opposite direction. Further actions can be divided into 4 stages:
- Completion of winding of the cord. To do this, it is inserted into the side groove on the reel. Its second end is attached to the opposite groove.
- The ends of the fixed line are trimmed. 7-10 cm allowances remain.
- The filled part is placed in the trimmer head. For this, alternate insertion and pulling of the thread into the inlet holes of the structure is performed.
- The thread is pulled out of the grooves. Upon completion of the action, the cover of the product is fixed using the clamps.
After completing the last step, the garden tool is ready to go. If the device does not work correctly after inserting the line into the trimmer, it is recommended to repeat the procedure by changing the thickness or type of cord. Otherwise, the product may be damaged.
What are the coils
In gasoline devices, one- and two-section coils are installed. Another difference is that cutting is done with one tendril or two. Based on these conditions, a working thread is wound.
Disassembled lower part of the tool. the coil consists of one section
The bobbins are divided into 2 sections, the winding of the line is carried out on each level separately.
Tool feeding methods
There are 3 ways of feeding the line in benzotrimmers:
This is what 3 types of trimmers look like
In the first case, the thread is pulled at the ends after stopping the tool.
In the second, wire feed starts after unlocking. To do this, you need to lightly hit the head on the ground.
In an automatic device, the mechanism is triggered independently after starting the engine. This option is convenient for performing a large amount of work. Disadvantage of the machine. it requires a long length of thread.
How to wind the line on the trimmer spool. detailed instructions
Petrol trimmerVariety of petrol trimmersModel power Engine type Cutting elementHandle shapeFueling methodNoise levelHow to fill the line in the trimmerCord selectionWhat.
- Petrol trimmer
- Varieties of benzotrimmers
- Model power
- engine’s type
- Cutting element
- Handle shape
- Fuel filling method
- Noise level
- How to tuck the line into the trimmer
- Picking a cord
- What are the coils
- Algorithm of actions
- First option for double bobbin
- Second winding option
- Tool feeding methods
- Substitution rules
Is the trimmer thread used up and needs to be rewound? Don’t be in a rush to panic. There are several ways to wind the line around the trimmer spool. The choice of method depends on the bobbin design and tool model. Understanding the details of the process.
The trimmer can have several attachments to work with different types of vegetation
Lightweight and compact household devices for fighting grass on an area less than 15 acres have a capacity of up to 1 hp. This figure is enough for a summer residence, a small lawn.
Power within 1. 3 hp. necessary to combat shrubs, thin branches. This is an indicator of industrial and universal units. They have a longer service life, weight, some models can create a high noise level.
If you need to get rid of young shoots of trees, thick branches of shrubs, lawn mowers with a capacity of more than 3 hp are used. These are heavy apparatus that require great physical effort to work with. The advantages of such mowers are a large supply of fuel, separate refueling of gasoline and oil, high productivity.
Model with shoulder strap for easy operation
Small mobile devices for cutting grass and young branches, consisting of a bar, a motor, a cutting part and a handle are called a trimmer.
The device without a trimmer is simple, it is easy to disassemble, if necessary
There are electric and gasoline modifications. The former do not fill with fuel, but they depend on the length of the cord. The latter work regardless of the availability of electricity, anywhere in the garden or vegetable garden.
Petrol trimmers are lighter and less expensive than lawn mowers. They cope with grass and shrubs, so such mowers are used in everyday life and on an industrial scale. For convenience, the technique provides straps that are worn on the shoulder. Thus, the stress on the arms and back is reduced.
How to tuck the line into the trimmer
The method of winding the thread on the bobbin depends on the model of the petrol trimmer. In devices with a line and in a sample with the possibility of changing the cutting element, the procedure is different. Let’s analyze each option separately. The diameter of the line is indicated on the side of the reel or in the tool’s passport. For winding, choose the line specified by the manufacturer.
A line with a diameter of 2 mm is considered universal. It is used for cutting grass of any hardness. The thicker the working thread, the harder vegetation it cuts off. But, if too thick line is inserted into the spool, the engine will start to overheat, as the resistance to shaft rotation will increase.
Varieties of benzotrimmers
Trimmers are distinguished by indicators:
- engine’s type;
- cutting element;
- handle configuration;
- fuel filling method;
- noise level.
Depending on the power, tools are of household, industrial, mixed, universal type. Lawn mowers are a separate type. They are the most powerful of all types of gasoline trimmers.
Two types of motors are installed on the gasoline trimmer: two- and four-stroke. The first are cheap, powerful, but for refueling it is necessary to prepare a mixture of oil and A92 gasoline.
The second type is more expensive, but less “capricious”, they are installed on professional instruments. They are 1.5 times more economical than two-stroke analogs, they work quieter, create less exhaust gases. Fuel filling is carried out separately, the vibration level is lower than in cheaper samples.
Endless and comfortable lawn mowing head
In order to find correctly how many meters of fishing line will be needed for a particular reel, you need to wind it on the bobbin in such a way that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. If the line sticks out over the edges of the spool, you cannot stick it into the casing. When you have determined the length of the material, you need to thread it into the bobbin, so do the following.
- It is necessary to fold the fishing line in half, so that one end of it is 10-15 cm longer from the other.
- See that the bobbin is split into 2.4 parts by the central collar, from which charging begins. Find a groove in it and stick a cord there, bent twice, applying a little effort.
- It is of fundamental importance to find in which direction the line is wound on the reel. If you look closely, you can find an arrow on the bobbin or an inscription with an arrow indicating in which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the reel. Under these circumstances, see the arrow drawn on the mowing head and wind the cord in the opposite direction.
- Winding should be done neatly, turn to turn, with the highest thread tension.
- If the laying of the cord is completed, it will be necessary to first fix the small end of the line by inserting it into a groove on the side of the reel that fits the diameter.
- The second end, the longer one, is attached to the groove on the back of the bobbin.
- After fixing the fishing line, cut off its ends, leaving an allowance of about 10 cm.
- Next, you need to install the loaded bobbin into the mowing head. For this purpose, alternately inserting and pulling the thread along the exit holes of the head, place the bobbin in the casing, then, applying the required force, pull the line out of the fixing grooves and tighten it.
- Now, of course, put on the lid and fix it with the latches.
In some reels, the 2nd method of securing the cord is provided: you can charge 2 pieces of thread, instead of the 1st, folded in half. The line is changed according to the following method.
- Before you change, in other words, load the newest thread into the coil, determine how many meters it will be needed using the method discussed above.
- One end of the cord bend hook type.
For Shtil lawn mowers, there is a very common and quick method of changing the line without disassembling the mowing head, which, of course, can be studied by watching this video.
The ends of the cord sticking out of the holes in the casing can be cut to the desired length when the part is installed in the trimmer. This can be done, of course, by 2 methods:
- by turning on the trimmer (when rotating, the ends of the fishing line will be cut off against the knife, fixed for this purpose on the protective casing);
- cutting off the excess ends with scissors so that they do not touch the casing body.
The second method is used if the passage, if it was necessary to put a cord of a huge diameter, and the edging knife is not able to shorten it.
If the filament was loaded into the mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is not enough, then they must be lengthened before starting the device. this applies to the head with manual adjustment. But there are cases with the use of an automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they are not lengthened automatically. Here you need to turn off the unit (on an electronic device, you certainly need to unplug the plug from the socket), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little line. After this procedure, the cord will again be able to move out due to centrifugal force, if you set the highest spindle speed.
Whatever thickness of the fishing line you set, you should keep in mind: in order not to interrupt work at all times and not even change the cord, you should avoid areas where the working tool touches hard surfaces (pebbles, curbs, thick dry branches, etc.).
Some users of trimmers ask themselves the question: how can you change the cord, which is used by deflot in this type of apparatus? They begin to conduct dangerous experiments by installing iron or copper wire, iron cables or strings, in addition to ordinary fishing line in the mowing head.
If you install a metal cable instead of a fishing line, then the trimmer is converted into a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for others. This fact is explained by the fact that at the time of the operation of the unit, the metal cable will be uniformly triggered, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will scatter in different directions at high speed.
A similar thing happens with the use of metal or copper wire, only with the difference that the pieces that have come off will be larger and cause significant injury.
- See information regarding the thickness of the cord in the annotation to the device.
- Look at the bobbin itself. Here you will like more information on the probable diameters of the line.
The line is wound on a reel in the mowing head. Therefore, at first it must be opened (this was discussed above). There are 4.5 methods of winding the cord.
Choose a line for a petrol trimmer (lawn mowers | lawn mowers): 1.6, 3.2, 3 mm. round, star, square
If you accidentally hook your or someone else’s leg while working with a machine with an iron cable (wire), then a strong and deep tissue incision, and sometimes amputation of toes, is guaranteed for you. The manufacturer does not use nylon for such purposes in vain, since it is quite light and strong, and when it comes off it does not fly far away and cannot cause injury.
It is probably possible to use fishing line in the trimmer instead of the standard one, but this will add unnecessary hassle for you, since it quickly wears out, breaks, mows slowly for cutting tough grass. Also, when carrying out work, a long period is lost for never replacing a broken tool.
How to properly wind the line in the trimmer, and what to do if the line is quickly consumed, breaks off
Why Trimmer Line Runs Out Quickly
Step by step annotation on how to wind the line on the trimmer spool
With the arrival of spring, you often spend your time at the dacha or in your personal plot. The trimmer will protect you from obstacles such as grass and weeds. I don’t know why in the trimmer. 4. 4mm line is very fast why. This tool easily trims and mows grass in difficult areas, where an ordinary lawnmower cannot do it. The trimmer is a very effective and successful tool for mowing grass along fences, flower beds, houses and aisles in the garden. A number of types of garden trimmer have been invented (gasoline, electronic and battery). It would seem that everything is fine, in your arsenal there is such an excellent assistant, but over time, the cutting element wears out and it becomes necessary to replace the finished line. How to tuck the line into the trimmer, not everyone knows. We suggest using a step-by-step annotation with attached photos.
Instructions on how to wind the line on the trimmer spool
- 1. First you need to disassemble the trimmer head. Click on the latch on the product body and turn the cover clockwise. Removing the bobbin.
- Now we have to figure out how to wind the line on the trimmer reel. We measure out approximately 6-7m of line and insert its end into the hole of the bobbin.
- We reel the line from 2 sides. The winding direction is always marked with an arrow on the bobbin.
- Leave the ends of the 15 cm long cutter free. Do not wind too much line. Leave 6mm between the outside of the bobbin and the line.
- Insert the remaining two ends of the line into the reverse holes of the bobbin.
- We fix both ends in the grooves on the head body.
- Carefully install the spring back into the bobbin guides and into the head body.
- In order for the line to be threaded into the trimmer correctly, the bobbin must go back into the head body (press it a little). Pull the loose ends of the line out as needed. Pull the ends of the cutting element sharply one by one so that they come out of the grooves in the bobbin and pass freely through the holes on the head.
- So, we figured out how to wind the line on the trimmer reel. It remains only to align all the grooves on the head body and close the lid. Then we press on the bobbin and begin to rotate it counterclockwise until it stops. While holding the bobbin, turn it slightly clockwise and release it. If there was a clicking sound, then it snapped into the head. If this did not happen, then you need to repeat the action again.
- Pull out the loose ends of the line until they stop.
Trimmer for giving
Why does the line fly out when using the trimmer?
The trimmer is the most common machine used for trimming grass and cutting small bushes. This device is distinguished by its own simplicity in maintenance, easy control during its operation, and due to its low weight, even ladies can use it. It is no secret that for high-quality performance of work on mowing grass, the correct selection of cutting tools is required. For the latter, special cutting attachments (discs, knives) are used in trimmers, as it is also called trimmer heads with a fishing line inside. Nozzles and fishing line are a consumable tool, if there is an option to sharpen the knives, then when you use the fishing line, you need to change it. In this post, we will very carefully tell you how to correctly change the line.
A grass mowing head is essentially a cylindrical body, in which a spool (bobbin) is inserted with a fishing line (cord) tucked in there. This design can be installed on both a gasoline and an electronic trimmer. The heads differ in the method of threading and feeding the cord and there are 3 types.
- Automatic. The line is fed when the user lowers the engine speed. Although the automatic line feed is comfortable, if a huge amount of work is being done, such bobbins have one drawback. a large thread consumption.
- Automatic. The introduction of this type of heads does not ask the user to perform complex manipulations. The principle of their operation is designed so that the cord is lengthened by the office machine when the machine is operating at full speed. It is enough to hit the trimmer head on the ground a little (this removes the blocking of the cord), and the line is pulled out of the bobbin due to centrifugal force, then it is cut to a suitable length with a knife placed on the protective cover.
- Manual. To lengthen the cord, the device must be stopped, then the line is manually stretched.
For the above reasons, automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be noted that there are single-string trimmer coils (used only for trimming the grass) and two-string ones, which are used for mowing the highest grass and small, with thin trunks of bushes.
Before starting the process of changing the cord, it is necessary for users of trimmers to remove and disassemble the coil. Let’s see how to do it.
The trimmer mowing head consists of several parts: a cover, a spring (not on many models), a bobbin with a cord and a cover.
Attention! While proceeding with any maintenance of the electronic unit, it must be disconnected from the network.
In trimmers, in most cases, 4.5 options for mounting the mowing head are used.
To remove the trimmer head, you will need to completely disassemble it.
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you need to press on the latches (latches) located on its 2 sides.
In this embodiment, the head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft. To remove it, you will need to fix the myth shaft. For this purpose, in similar trimmers, for example, in the Huter and Champion devices, a hole is foreseen through which, of course, stick either a narrow screwdriver or an iron bar.
To remove the bobbin, follow the usual 2.4 steps.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole and lock the shaft.
- Grasp the head body and start turning it clockwise. Twisting in this direction should be due to the circumstances that the thread cut on the shaft is left.
Depending on the duration of the project, which trimmer model is used, the type, thickness and length of the line are selected. The diameter of the cord you will like better from 1.4 to 4 mm. It is easy to think that the thicker you fill the cord, the more tough and thick grass it is able to cut.
As a rule, a universal line with a diameter of 4 mm is used.
There are 3 methods to find out which line size your mower is using.
What line is used for the trimmer?
There are several types of fishing line:
- The most durable is rounded;
- For mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing thin grass. serrated;
- Special. fits certain trimmers.
The section of the cutting thread must match the vegetation to be cut.
If it is necessary to replace the fishing line, then it is necessary to select exactly the type that is recommended by the manufacturer of this particular trimmer model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread should be suitable for the engine power and the size of the unit.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the line for a while if you plan to replace it in the spool.
After soaking, it gains elasticity and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made from different components. The most common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon line can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Lawn mower spools or heads have a different structure:
- One-string. In the modification of such a trimmer, there is only one working line. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming the grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be both automatic and semi-automatic. The package here includes two strings. This trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for correctly winding the cutting thread onto the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and turn the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure out the required amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wind the line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- Leave the ends 15 cm long uncoiled.
- These ends fit into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- After that, the spool is carefully inserted into the body, for this you need to slightly press on it.
- If necessary, you can pull the remaining ends of the thread out. To do this, you first need to pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slots on the head.
- Now you need to collect the grooves on the body and screw the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, then the spool has clicked.
- Next, you need to pull the free ends of the thread to the end.
How to wind the line into the trimmer?
When refueling the line for the first time, this process may seem quite laborious, but with time and dexterity, the task is solved much faster.
In order to refuel the line, you must:
- Take the coil, unscrew its cap. On some spools, the thread is made to the left, so the lid must be unscrewed in the required direction.
- Measure five meters of line;
- Fold this segment in half, that is, determine where the middle is;
- Next, place this middle of the line in a special hole on the reel;
- Wind the line in the direction of the arrow;
- If there are two places for winding, then the first part of the line should be wound on one half of the reel, and the second part on the other half;
- Push both ends of the fishing line into the holes of the reel;
- Screw on the lid.
Winding the Line Correctly to the Trimmer Spool
How to remove the spool from the trimmer?
To change or wind the cutting thread on the spool, it must be removed.
The complexity of its removal depends on the model of the tool:
- Low motor tool. The motor is almost at the ground here. To remove the coil, press the buttons on the side of the trimmer. After pressing these buttons, the body opens where the line spool is located.
- Curved bar trimmer. Here it is necessary to turn a special lamb counterclockwise. Then the coil and the spring in it are removed.
- Straight bar tool. The bar is held motionless with a screwdriver or other object. It is removed by turning it clockwise. Then the tool is disassembled into parts and the reel is taken out.
- If you use a tool with one tendril, you will need about four meters of thread. This thread is passed into a hole inside the spool, where it can be fixed. Next, one end of the line is directed in the direction of the arrow. Then the end of this thread is fixed in the groove, which is in the bobbin. This is to prevent the thread from unwinding when assembling the spool. If there are no grooves, you should hold the line with your hand and collect the bobbin.
- If a tool with two antennae is used, then first check the number of grooves present.
If the reel is equipped with a semi-automatic mechanism, then the line is wound as follows:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Fix the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It should always be remembered that the cutting thread must be protected from hard things. This will extend its lifespan.
If you do not adhere to this rule, then you will have to often stop work, remove the spool and change the thread to a new one.
Threading the spools with thread of different types of bobbins
With two-string automatic heads:
- First you need to press the clamp until you hear a click, remove the cover.
- Rotate the spool carefully so that it can detach from the holder. Extract her.
- Measure out two equal lengths of cutting thread. To make further work easier, the ends of the line must be cut off at an angle. Take one end and push it into the special hole in the coil. It can also be slots, grooves, clamps, etc.
- Further, in the direction of the arrow, you need to wind the fishing line, and quite tightly and evenly. In a special eyelet on the reel, you need to fix the end of the line.
- Subject the other half of the line to the same operation, only on the other half of the reel.
- Next, install the coil into the trimmer head. And thread the rest of the line through the hole in the head.
- Then carefully straighten the thread and close the lid. If the line turns out to be long, then it is better to cut off the excess. There should be about fifteen centimeters left on each side.
On the semi-automatic head:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Fix the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It is necessary to very carefully and carefully thread the cutting thread into the unit, because not only the cleanliness of the garden area, but also personal safety depends on the correct winding of it.