When you run your grass trimmer or brushcutter at idle, you find that the device will start. but stall after, say, 5-10 minutes. The reasons may be as follows:
- clogging, violation of carburetor adjustment;
- initially incorrect setting of the carburetor valve mechanism;
- clogging of the air filter;
- reduction in the speed of the gearbox (if any). the wrong ratio of the air-fuel mixture;
- clogging of the throttle;
- the penetration of excess air into the fuel system;
- running out of fuel in the tank (and oil in the tank if the engine is four-stroke).
If there are problems directly with the carburetor, the machine will stop both after a cold start and after starting on an already running engine.
Ways to eliminate breakage
The following works are possible on the carburetor:
- cleaning and adjusting the fuel supply valve;
- similar work with a valve that releases exhaust gases and vapors (after fuel combustion);
- replacing the weaker spring on the inlet valve;
- restoration of the tension of the carburetor cable;
- replacing the fuel suction hose, checking and strengthening the loosened connection;
- change of the rotary disc damper;.
- replacement of a faulty wire or ignition coil.
The list of work carried out may also include cleaning the injectors (in a 4-stroke engine), replacing valve washers, gaskets in tank plugs, and so on.
the lawn mower stalls when you press the gas: causes and remedies
a lawn mower and a gasoline grass trimmer are machines that do not just mow the grass, but cut it up to several times more than their counterparts with an electric motor. Once the lawn mower or petrol trimmer stalls for a while, and the mowing process immediately slows down.
You step on the gas and the grass trimmer stops working, does not develop speed. Possible suspected causes are:
- the carburetor setting has gone astray, which appears with an increasing load on the drive itself. after its long idle time or when working in extreme conditions;
- the fuel valve is clogged with deposits;
- the carburetor cable is loose and sag;
- the fuel supply hose is unnecessarily stretched, possibly torn;
- the check valve (breather) is clogged with deposits. fuel does not flow into the fuel tank.
Important! Malfunctions in the carburetor itself give themselves away by vibration of the lawn mower.
Immediately after the start
The stalling of the brushcutter or grass trimmer immediately after the start is due to the following reasons:
- imbalance of previously adjusted valves;
- initially incorrect setting of the valve mechanism;
- clogging of the fuel supply valve by deposits;
- the hose is worn out or loosely connected.
Due to a broken fuel injection algorithm, the lawn mower or grass trimmer vibrates strongly during operation.
With an increase in revolutions
If the mower (or grass trimmer) stalls when you add engine speed, check the device for the following:
- clogging or sticking of the valve built into the gas tank cap;
- violation of valve adjustment;
- malfunction of pistons and cylinders. from vibration during the operation of the scythe for grass or grass trimmer, accidental impacts directly in the mowing session;
- violation of the supply of the air-fuel mixture;
- extra pumping air into the motor;
- cracking of the fuel inlet hose, loosening of its connections.
When the air-fuel mixture is supplied in the necessary portions to the engine out of time, it burns the amount that has been delivered since the last stalling, and itself stalls again.
Possible reasons for the lawn mower or grass trimmer to stall when trying to restart and resume interrupted work:
- engine problems;
- failure in the gasoline and oil supply system;
- damage to pipelines (capillaries, hoses, nozzles);
- faults in the ignition system.
A general description of scythe or trimmer problems is not enough here. A clear and immediate repair, high-quality service is impossible without specifying the identified cause.
A well-posed question is already half the answer. The search for a solution will be significantly accelerated by the fact. under what circumstances a gasoline grass trimmer or lawn mower stalls, namely:
- immediately after the start;
- when it has been idling for some time. after one or several minutes;
- when you press the gas button (or knob). or shortly after starting work at high, near-maximum speeds;
- under heavy load (for example, to prune bushes, mow dense and tall weeds);
- when warming up in the cold, it heats up unnecessarily (the lawn mower has stalled due to overheating);
- after opening the air damper.
Depending on which of the circumstances was clarified during the pre-diagnosis, the elimination method is used to look for a more specific cause of the malfunction of the brushcutter or grass trimmer.
the lawn mower stalls when you press the gas
Why does the grass trimmer stall when I press the gas?
As you can see, there are many reasons why the grass trimmer can stall when you press the gas. That is why it is important to monitor the state of your assistant, check the state of all systems of the mechanism in time.
In the course of construction work, there are situations when it is necessary to cut sheet metal. To cope with this problem will help such a convenient tool as lever scissors, designed for curly and straight cutting. Their characteristics are described in this article.
Typically, conventional garden grass trimmers are used in conjunction with a line. But if you need to cut young growth of shrubs or trees or very tough grass, the disc trimmer is indispensable. Read about grass trimmer discs in the article.
Lawn Mower Struggles Dies Labors While Cutting Grass POSSIBLE QUICK EASY FIX CHEAP NO TOOLS NEEDED
Many novice seamstresses pay a lot of attention to the choice of a sewing machine, thread and fabric, and at the same time completely forget about scissors. But high-quality scissors are among the basic tools of a tailor. Our article will tell you more about them.
Cosmetic procedures at home, skin rejuvenation, getting rid of cellulite. all this becomes possible thanks to natural loofahs that literally grow on the branches. What are the advantages of loofah loofahs, what are the subtleties of their use and growing. in the article.
Igor Andreychin: Thanks for the competent review, everything is very clear and accessible !! I also took a Tatra Garden BCU-50 lawn mower for myself, I have already passed the entire section twice, I am very happy with the choice! I advise everyone! I want to advise everyone else to buy such tools with a guarantee from the office. Since the saved UAH 200-300.
grass trimmer stalls when accelerating
Those who have lawns on their backyard know that a grass trimmer is quite a useful thing that will help you quickly and efficiently tidy the lawn or clear weeds from overgrown areas. And, like any mechanism, it also often fails due to various breakdowns. One of the most common complaints from appliance owners is that the grass trimmer stalls when you press the gas. We propose to understand the main reasons for this phenomenon and identify ways to solve the problem.
Why the petrol grass trimmer stalls
when buying. this is of course also money, but it can “come out sideways”
Oleksiy Berezovsky: it works for me, but only more grass, then it is not twisting but the motor is gaining speed what to do
92Valek: Thank you very much, I wanted to take the scythe to the master, removed this filter and started working even more powerful, thanks again
Mouse mongrel: stavte 4 prozenta (40cc) masla na liter benzina, i etoy polomki nikogda ne proizaydyot 🙂 ya 20 let rabotayu sadovnikom. obyazatelno polzuytes maslom dla 2 taktnova dvigatela
Evgeny Potkov: Thank you for sure the grid is clogged damn it suffered for a week, threw it out and all the rules!
Puppy TV: we have a problem; during operation, the mower itself picks up speed and stalls, what could it be?
Slavik Egorov: without this complete video please upload
Bro dyaga: is not gaining momentum. the net is clean and without the net the same help please
ARMENIA777nnn ARMENIA: I have a problem, after three. minute work, the power drops, advise what realties.
Tovarsch Hren: Many thanks. I just have the same problem. =))) Good luck.
Purgen Purgenov: is not gaining momentum. the mesh is clean and without the mesh it is the same
Zheka Master: I have such a problem, you jerk, jerk the starter not to start, then you make the gas to the maximum and lift the filter flap all the way up and only then start (it works at idle) by 1 cm you lower the flap down, the revolutions grow. And if you lower the damper all the way down, then it stalls. The problem is precisely in the carburetor, because when I put the carburetor from another scythe for grass everything is in order, so I wanted to know if it was possible to adjust her native carburetor.
sergey shchaslivy: good afternoon can your phone 0500253545
Sergey Mikheev: Probably it happens, My neighbor is trying to mow near the garage, the engine at his grass scythe is not spinning, I tell him why you have no smoke, electricity, a joke, he took off the exhaust and the same story, the grid is clogged, threw it out her and everything went like clockwork!
BOBAH SHARAPOV: less oil in gasoline
Roman Nikolsky: Guys, tell me, I bought a hamer, 2 horses, worked for an hour and began to start up, then there is no feeling of lack of power, as if something interferes, well, the candle gets wet, although after wiping it the motor works, but it stalls, does it work, but does not gain power, how to fix this problem.
Alex Chery:The instructions say that once a week you need to clean this mesh. In general, this is a very common phenomenon.
sndvc: And all because the instructions must be read, everything is written there.!
Press CTRLD to add the page to the bookmarks
At high revs
When the scythe for grass stalls at high speeds, this is due to the following problems:
- clogging or sticking of the valve located on the gas tank cap;
- the carburetor is out of alignment under the influence of vibrations arising from the operation of the mechanism;
- problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- suction of atmospheric air;
- the fuel intake hose is cracked or loose.
Adjust the carburetor referring to the trimmer operating instructions. For adjustment, it is often sufficient to loosen the tightening of its housing. If there are problematic points with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can gradually enter the carburetor. After its development, the engine stalls at high speeds.
When you press the gas
If the mower stops when you press the gas, the reasons may be as follows:.
- The most common option is carburetor adjustment failure, which occurs when the drive is under significant stress, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism, or when it is used in difficult conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which is eliminated by loosening it, as a result of which gasoline begins to flow normally through the system.
- Loosening and drooping of the cable in the carburetor. The fuel hose may also be stretched to the point of rupture due to significant stress.
- Clogged breather (non-return valve), as a result of which fuel does not flow into the tank.
If the problem is with the carburetor assembly, the mower vibrates to recognize it. When the hose bursts or the cable is stretched, these components are replaced.
Why the petrol grass trimmer stalls
A petrol-powered grass scythe is a useful thing for owners of home gardens, lawns, and when the grass trimmer suddenly stalls, the work to clear the area of grass stops. The device itself is a rather complex mechanism, so there are many different reasons for its breakdowns. The most common malfunctions are contained in the operating instructions. Knowing the reasons why the grass trimmer stalls should be done in order to effectively repair the device yourself.
the lawnmower often stops when it heats up. At the same time, it starts up, works “jerky” and gradually stops. This process occurs when the gasoline in the carburetor boils or the damper is installed in a rotary rather than disc type. In the latter case, the part is changed.
It happens that the grass trimmer heats up if the ignition wire or coil is damaged. Parts are replaced in order for the device to start working normally.
What could have broken
Problems with the petrol brush, due to the fact that this device does not start, are classified in a certain way by service specialists. They highlight faults with the following components of the mechanism:
- an engine in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, crack the crankcase;
- the fuel supply system, while the filter may be clogged or problems with the carburetor;
- mechanical damage to wires, tubes, hoses;
- ignition circuit.
To correctly identify the node where the breakage occurred, you need to pay attention to the circumstances under which the grass trimmer stalls.
At idle, common reasons for stopping the grass trimmer are as follows:
- contamination, misalignment or incorrectly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- clogged air filter;
- reducing the speed of the gearbox when it heats up, which is a consequence of using an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- clogged throttle;
- air ingress into the system;
- not enough fuel to operate the lawn mower.
If the problem area is the carburetor, then the equipment will stop at both “cold” and “hot” start.
Immediately after wound up
The unit may stall immediately after starting if the carburetor is misaligned or incorrectly adjusted. this causes an uneven fuel supply. The result is that the device vibrates distinctly. To troubleshoot the carburetor, readjust, following the instructions for the mechanism.
Also, the engine stops when the fuel supply valve becomes clogged. In such cases, it is sufficient to simply clean it. If the mower started up at first, but then immediately stalled, then it is possible that the fuel enters the carburetor unit with some difficulty. The weakening of the valve helps to resolve the issue, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
A stop can also be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) that takes the fuel. In this case, add more revolutions to the drive in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
What to do if the grass trimmer stalls when you press the gas?
So why does the grass trimmer stall when you step on the gas? There can be several reasons for this problem.
- The carburetor is out of alignment after an unsuccessful wintering or after too much use of the brushcutter. The petrol grass trimmer runs on an air / fuel mixture prepared by the carburetor. If incorrectly adjusted, this mechanism prepares a lean mixture, which is not able to provide the engine with a sufficiently high speed. You can understand the problem with the carburetor by the characteristic vibrations of the lawn mower.
- You can tell if the fuel filter is clogged by the grass trimmer starting and stalling. In other words, there is enough fuel flow to start the brushcutter, but not enough to keep the engine running. It may be possible to solve the problem by loosening the valves on the filter. If not, you should wash the filter in solvents and blow it out with compressed air. If after that the problem is not solved, then you should purchase a new fuel filter.
- If the engine stalls at speeds close to maximum, then there may be a problem with the breather, which regulates air access to the gas tank. When fuel is consumed too quickly, which is typical when you give gas, a rarefied pressure is formed in the gas tank, due to which the flow of fuel into the engine is reduced.
- The engine stalls when the choke is opened. The problem, again, is associated with the carburetor, which, due to excess air, prepares a lean air-fuel mixture, which is not capable of ensuring engine operation.
Lawnmower Stalls Fix | Lawnmower Keeps Stalling
What to do if the mower starts and stalls?
Now we will consider all the above described problems in more detail.
In principle, there can be a huge number of reasons why the engine of a brushcutter stops working when you press the gas. We will only consider here the most common.
Perhaps the air damper is just clogged. And to eliminate the problem that has arisen, it will be enough just to clean the air damper. Also, the engine stalls due to a clogged air filter. To clean it, the filter should first be washed in a solvent, and then blown out with a stream of compressed air.
A similar procedure should be carried out with a clogged fuel filter, which prevents the flow of fuel in the proper volume when increasing engine speed.
The engine can also stall for other reasons. Firstly, the spacer located between the cylinder and the carburetor worn out, and secondly, the crankshaft oil seals began to suck in air.
We have already pointed out that in this case the problem is in the carburetor. Due to the increased temperatures, gasoline begins to boil in it, due to which the air-fuel mixture ceases to form or its quality is critically reduced.
In addition, this problem can arise due to the fact that the carburetor is equipped with a rotary rather than a disc valve. If the problem has become chronic, then it should be solved radically. by buying a new carburetor with a disc damper.
Most likely, access to the fuel tank is difficult or completely absent, due to which a low pressure zone forms in it, due to which the engine stops receiving fuel in the required amount and because of this it stops working.
The engine at idle speed can stall for the following reasons:
How to fix a lawn mower that starts but then stalls right away
News oneNews oneNews oneNews oneNews one
News oneNews oneNews oneNews oneNews one
he got up and began to prepare a not quite normal gasoline solution, which is why the revolutions on the drum began to drop;
Why the lawn mower stalls?
In this article we will look at the problem, why the lawn mower stalls and how to deal with this problem.
Even a very good brushcutter can have starting problems. For example, it starts up and stalls. Most likely, this indicates problems with the filters. air or fuel. If it stalls at idle, then, most likely, the brushcutter has problems with the carburetor, which overheats too quickly and can no longer cope with the formation of a high-quality air-fuel mixture.
If the grass trimmer stalls when you press the gas, i.e. when the engine starts to run at high rpm, then this indicates a problem with the carburetor or fuel filter.
Problems with brushcutters with an air filter will be indicated by the fact that it stops working when the air damper is opened.
the lawn mower stalls on hot? There is a solution!
the mower stalls when hot. this means that there is already some fuel in the engine to start the engine, but after 5-10 minutes of operation, it stops working. This behavior of the engine indicates problems with the fuel filter.
There are two solutions. preventive and radical. Preventive is to try to clean it, which will consist in cleaning the contamination with a solvent, and then blowing the filter with a jet of compressed air.
But in case of severe pollution, you can fix the breakdown only by applying a radical solution. this is the purchase of a new fuel filter.