How to choose your lawn mower oil?
Rarely does a private home owner do without a lawn mower. You may not even have a lawn, which needs regular maintenance, but use a lawn mower. This technique, like any other, needs periodic maintenance, such as an oil change. Every lawn mower owner needs to know which liquid can be used for THESE purposes, how to choose it correctly and fill it into the unit.
Which is better to choose?
The selection of the right mower oil is based on a large number of factors that must be followed. It doesn’t matter if you choose a lubricant for a gasoline or a self-propelled lawn mower, you cannot use the first oil that comes along. It is also forbidden to choose the most expensive oil or the most popular. The lubricating fluid must be fully adapted to the requirements of your lawn mower.
- The viscosity of the oil is selected in accordance with the temperature conditions, which are typical for the operation of garden equipment. For summer, when the ambient temperature reaches 30 degrees, it is advisable to use oil from the SAE-30 series. For the off-season it is recommended to use 10W-30 series oil. Synthetic 5W-30 fluid works well at low temperatures.
- For 2-stroke engines, it is necessary to use a mixture of oil and high-octane gasoline in the ratio recommended by the equipment manufacturer. Usually the ratio is 1/25. According to these figures, 25 ml of gasoline is added for every milliliter of oil. There are exceptions, so you need to study the instructions for the lawn mower.
- Fluid mixing is NOT required for 4-stroke motors. Suitable for such devices is a simple car fluid. It can be SAE30, 10W40 or SF. The main thing is that the technical and operational characteristics fit the list that the manufacturer recommends. For winter use, the liquid must be chosen with frost-resistant properties.
You cannot experiment and use oil that is not suitable for the existing motor. There is a huge difference between the fluids that are used for different types of motors. For example, a fluid for four-stroke type motors must keep its composition unchanged for a long time. Oil for two-stroke engines should have a minimum amount of mineral components to prevent carbon deposits.
When choosing an oil, great attention should be paid to its manufacturer. It is better to choose the brand recommended by the lawn mower manufacturer. In the instructions for the technique, you can find information about the filled oil, the frequency of its replacement and recommendations for choosing a working fluid.
Also, many lawn mower manufacturers release their own oils, which will have to be used for replacement if you want to keep the warranty on the equipment. In addition, the instructions provide general characteristics that the oil must meet. When choosing a replacement fluid, you need to focus on this list. This will allow you to choose the oil that will most closely meet the manufacturer’s requirements.
- Among all the companies that present their products on the Russian market, Shell Helix Ultra is the best. These oils are popular in all countries. Shell specialists have been working for 40 years on the creation of a unique technology for producing synthetic oil from natural gas. The resulting product is characterized by an improved composition, which has no analogues at this time. The manufacturer adds the necessary additives to the base composition, which makes it possible to obtain products with different characteristics. Such oil must be bought only at specialized points of sale, since low-grade counterfeits are often found.
- Liqui Moly also presents quality products. The manufacturer produces several product lines, which have different purposes. This range includes products for the maintenance of garden equipment. Such oils are designed for long-term operation of trimmers and lawn mowers, their technical characteristics are developed in accordance with the features of modern technology and the recommendations of manufacturers.
Liqui Moly adds additive packages to lawn mower oils, which are necessary to reduce equipment wear and keep the engine clean. The main advantage of such fluids is environmental friendliness, because they are created on a plant basis. Liqui Moly lawn mower oils meet all environmental standards.
Rasenmaher produces a good mineral type lubricant specially developed for gardening machines. This tool can be used to service 4-stroke engines with different cooling systems. The substance from Rasenmaher can only be used at freezing temperatures. The manufacturer carefully developed and selected additives for their product. The result of such actions was a wide list of functionality:
- Maintaining the pressure in the system at a stable level;
- Effective lubrication of all parts that need it;
- Preservation of the viscosity of the grease throughout the full service life, until the next change;
- Providing excellent protection for the engine against natural wear;
- Minimum evaporation rate.
Lawn mower lubricant should be carefully selected and high quality oils should be preferred. If you save on this consumable liquid, then it will not perform its functions to the full, the mower will fail in a short time and will require expensive repairs. The oil used in the lawn mower performs an important task. It has the following functions:
- Lubrication of parts that experience high friction during operation;
- Removal of heat energy from heated parts;
- Reduced engine wear;
- Minimizing the development of such negative phenomena as deposits of various types, the formation of soot and varnish;
- Protection of parts from the formation and effects of corrosion;
- Decrease in the toxicity index of exhaust gaseous substances;
- Minimizing the amount of smoke.
The engine of a lawn mower is significantly different from that which is installed in cars and motor vehicles. Therefore, lubricants for THESE units must be used differently. You can not replace the same oil with the second. The consequences for technology can be the most unpredictable.
In a lawn mower engine, the crankshaft is responsible for distributing the oil. The liquid is scooped from the crankcase by parts, which in their shape resemble spoons. The speed of their movement is colossal. Such design features of the motor require the use of oil, which contains high quality additives. These components reduce the ability of the working fluid to foam and become more viscous from high temperatures.
To choose the right gardening fluid and always know what to buy, you need to study the existing varieties of oils. First of all, technical oil fluids are separated by chemical composition.
- Mineral oils are created from the base obtained from refined petroleum products. These fluids are viscous and must change frequently. They are designed for low power motors. Most Recommended for Summer Use.
- Synthetic fluids are based on special synthetic substances, which include esters. The viscosity is at a low level, a long service life and year-round use. no other type of lubricant can boast such high characteristics. These fluids are ideal for complex machinery that operates in harsh conditions.
- Semi-synthetic motor oil is created from mineral and synthetic substances. These oils are the middle choice between the two previous fluids. Semi-synthetic oils are ideal for gardening and park equipment, two- and four-stroke engines.
There are several more classifications, which are based on different requirements. The most common API classification. It is supported by various countries and many manufacturers. According to this classification, all engine oils are divided into the following types:
- TA is the best option for household appliances with a motor up to 50cc. Cm;
- TB is intended for equipment with a higher power, equipped with a motor of more than 50, but less than 200 cc. Cm;
- TC is an oil that is intended for motors with increased requirements for the quality of the lubricating fluid; such oil can be safely poured into lawn mowers;
- TD is designed for outboard motors that are liquid cooled.
Due to the 20% solvent composition, the oil of the two-contact type is capable of mixing well with automotive fuel. In addition, such liquids are capable of completely burning. Lubricants can be painted in various colors. Coloring does not talk about the quality of the oil. Its function is different. it makes it easier for the user to distinguish between lubricant and fuel.
It is important not only to choose a quality oil that will suit your technique in terms of its characteristics. You also need to know how to properly pour it into the lawn mower. The rules are simple, but must be followed:
- We turn on the unit and warm up the engine idle for a quarter of an hour;
- Remove the plug from the tank and substitute a container of the required volume to collect the spent liquid;
- Tilt the lawn mowers and drain the waste material;
- We twist the plug, put the unit on the most even surface. After that, you can open the hole from above;
- Fill in a new working fluid, observing the recommendations of the manufacturer of the equipment for the volume, check the fluid level conveniently with a dipstick;
- When the amount of liquid has reached the desired size, you can tighten the plug.
In most cases, about 500 ml of fresh oil should be used to replace the used fluid. This norm corresponds to most of the units, which are common in Russia. There are, of course, exceptions, so you need to study the instructions before replacing the spent fluid.
If your lawnmower is equipped with a two-stroke engine, and this indicates the need to mix the lubricant with gasoline, then this should be done immediately before replacing. It is impossible to make such a composition with a margin, since due to a chemical reaction, the mixture loses its properties. The approximate shelf life is no more than a month. Only components will be damaged from such actions.
For how to change the oil in your lawn mower, see the following.
Recommendations for the selection of oils from specific manufacturers
Manufacturers of lawn mowers in the instructions for them must indicate the type that is used in their technology, as well as the frequency of oil changes, as a rule, in engine hours. Usually manufacturers indicate their branded lubricants and they should be used if you want to keep the warranty on the equipment. But often manufacturers also indicate the general characteristics of lubricants and then you can choose similar lubricants from more widely available automotive oils.
Best for any engine is the one recommended by the manufacturer. Shell Helix Ultra is world famous. For 40 years Shell has been developing a new technology for producing synthetic oil from natural gas. Pureplus technology has resulted in an improved base oil composition. On its basis, with the addition of the necessary additives, the leading manufacturers Recommended for their equipment receive.
What kind of oil to pour into the lawn mower?
The internal combustion engines used in the lawn mower come in two and four strokes. When changing the engine oil in lawn mower engines, the question arises in the owners. what kind of engine oil to fill in the lawn mower? Today we will analyze this issue in detail and start first with four-stroke engines.
Lawn mower features
The engine oil in a lawn mower engine is distributed by the crankshaft: it is scooped up from the crankcase and sprayed onto the parts. Due to this design, the viscosity of the lubricant should be sufficient to retain the oil film on the parts, at the same time it should not be too thick to interfere with the movement of parts or form a hard crust.
On the other hand, lawn mowers operate mainly in positive ambient temperatures and the load on their engines is not as severe as in car engines. Lawn mowers most often DO NOT require a “cold start” in the cold, which greatly reduces the life of the car engine and requires low-temperature properties from lubrication.
The first filling is intended for running in the engine. after five hours of operation, it is replaced, after which it is possible to work on the new grease for the whole season. In the future, the replacement is done according to the regulations after a certain number of engine hours, or it is drained at the end of the summer season and a new one is poured the next year.
General Guidelines for Choosing Lawn Mower Oil
Based on the above design features of the engines, it is best to use a special lawn mower oil for lubrication, and it should be suitable for the temperature conditions in which the unit will be used. The best option is a specialized grease of the SAE 30 class.It is used at temperatures above 5 degrees.
If a special one is not available, then automotive lubricants of the class can be used:
- SAE 15W-40
- SAE 20W-50
These lubricants are also designed mainly for positive ambient temperatures and a maximum value above 35 degrees.
By the type of lubricant. mineral and semi-synthetic are allowed. Fully synthetic would be too expensive. The quality level of performance properties according to API. “SF”, “SG”, “SH”, “SJ” and higher. For four-stroke garden machinery engines, the label must be marked “4T”.
Changing the engine oil in a two-stroke lawnmower
The two-stroke engine is usually mounted on trimmers (manual grass clippers). These devices are small in size and weight, so the number of details in them is minimal. They have a separate oil reservoir and you need to prepare a mixture of gasoline and oil. Here, amateur performance is NOT appropriate. it is necessary to use only a special one for two-stroke engines and mix it with gasoline in the proportions specified in the operating instructions for the trimmer.
Once again, Pay attention. the canister with oil for two-stroke engines MUST be marked “2T”!
The fuel mixture for two-stroke engines is prepared as follows:
- The exact amount of gasoline is poured into the canister (for example, for a trimmer of 5 liters),
- Then, using a dispenser, add oil (semi-synthetic. 100 milliliters)
- Cover with a lid and mix well
The finished fuel mixture can be stored for no more than two weeks in a metal or polypropylene container.
Do not use plastic bottles for storage! Polyethylene dissolves in gasoline and then, getting into the combustion chamber, increases carbon deposits in the engine. With prolonged storage of the fuel mixture, it loses its properties due to chemical reactions. There is an increased risk that the engine will not start on old fuel.
We hope our review helped answer the question that worries you. what kind of oil should you put in a lawn mower? We ask you to share your best practices for replacing engine oil in a lawn mower under the review in the comments below.
The best engine oil for Honda (Honda)
Even a single fill of the wrong oil can damage the engine and fuel system. So what kind of oil can be poured into a Honda engine without fear?
Which oil is suitable for the engine. What you need Pay attention to when choosing an oil. Let’s try to figure it out together in this article.
- The best oil for the entire Honda line
- Recommended by the manufacturer
- Oil for every Honda model
- Oil for Honda CR-V (“Honda Cr-v”)
- Oil for Honda Accord
- Engine oil for Honda Civic
- Oil table for all other Honda models
- How often do you need to change the oil in a Honda engine?
- Acceptable oils for Honda cars
Recommended by the manufacturer
For 12 years, Honda Japan has been recommending Mobil 1 series motor oils to car owners. They are produced for both the Japanese and Russian markets. But it is worth considering that motor oils for internal use in Japan are somewhat more expensive due to the higher quality of the raw materials. Although one can find a significant plus in this. most Russian car owners can afford even the most expensive Mobil 1.
Oil table for all other Honda models
When choosing engine oil for Honda cars, it is better to rely not on your own preferences, but on the authoritative opinion of the engineers of the auto concern. Over the years, the specialists have gained invaluable experience, on the basis of which they compiled the following table.
How often do you need to change the oil in a Honda engine?
The frequency of changing the oil in the engine of Honda vehicles depends on many factors:
- Year of issue;
- Worn out motor;
- Season and so on.
It is necessary to follow these recommendations primarily for the following reasons:
- Aging of engine oils for the Honda engine. it is impossible to create a lubricant that does NOT lose its properties over time;
- The need to change the oil filter.
Car owners are often interested in how much oil should be added to a Honda car engine in order to avoid further refills. The answer to this question depends on the size of the engine. But on average, experts pour 3.5 liters.
If the owner makes the replacement himself, and not in a service center, then it is advisable for him after complex cleaning to fill in as much oil as is exactly in the middle between the minimum and maximum marks.
Oil for Honda Accord
This car model is extremely popular, but the oil change still raises many questions among the owners. Taking into account the age of the machine and the wear of the motor, the following lubricants are recommended:
- TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 FUTURE GF-5 0W20. a synthetic product that copes well with the functions of protecting components and systems from wear;
- TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 ENERGY 0W30. confidently copes with cold starts and oxidation protection, also helps to reduce fuel consumption;
- TOTAL QUARTZ INEO MC3 5W-30. maintains the exhaust cleaning system in perfect condition and meets all European standards.
When using the listed products, it is not recommended to add third-party additives when changing the oil in a Honda engine. The necessary substances have already been added to the oil by the manufacturer.
Engine oil for Honda Civic
To understand which oil is safe to fill in a Honda Civic engine, you first need to decide on its type:
And in that, and in other groups, there are suitable options. If you plan to use synthetics, then the choice should be stopped on the following brands:
- Honda Ultra LEO 0W20 SN. by the highest base number is considered the best option;
- SHELL HELIX ULTRA 0W-40. breaks all popularity records due to its high quality and attractive price;
- IDEMITSU ZEPRO ECO MEDALIST 0W-20. perfectly protects against wear, so it is advisable to purchase it for a car with experience.
Among semi-synthetics, motorists’ attention is worthy of:
- HONDA ULTRA LTD 5W30 SN. the clear leader among the options recommended by the concern;
- LIQUI MOLY TOP TEC 4200 5W-30. reliability and quality are its main characteristics;
- GENERAL MOTORS SEMI SYNTHETIC 10W-40. the best option for buyers with average income;
- MANNOL MOLIBDEN BENZIN 10W-40. the lowest price among analogues with similar characteristics.
The best oil for the entire Honda line
Honda engines are available in two types:
For the first, oils with the following markings will be suitable:
And for the Honda chain engine, it is better to purchase consumables with different numbers on the packaging:
In the listed combinations, each number has its own meaning:
- The first is responsible for the viscosity of the oil at subzero temperatures. the lower the number, the more resistant the lubricant to cold weather;
- The second, on the contrary, displays how the oil behaves in the heat. a higher number in the marking “speaks” of maintaining the original viscosity at a mark much higher than zero.
In the future, when the degree of wear increases and gaps and burrs appear in the Honda engine, it will be advisable to purchase materials with higher indicators. This approach will extend the operating life of the engine and save the driver from unpleasant surprises.
But besides the listed parameters and nuances, the car owner should focus on the list of products recommended by the manufacturer.
Oil for every Honda model
The Honda concern produces different car models, so each has its own types of recommended lubricants. Several options are discussed below.
Oil for Honda CR-V (“Honda Cr-v”)
For “Honda SRV” you can use 2 groups of oils:
The first group can safely include 4 types of lubricants:
- HONDA ULTRA LEO 0W20 SN. actively recommended by the carmaker and provides better protection against friction;
- MOBIL 1 ESP X2 0W-20. Honda Japan approves this product for its good lubricating and protective properties and is also economical;
- RAVENOL LONGLIFE LSG SAE 5W-30. motorists often bypass this brand, but it gives a very strong film that protects the motor from internal damage;
- GENERAL MOTORS DEXOS 2 LONGLIFE 5W30. a good quality product at a nice price.
The following semi-synthetic materials can be poured into the Honda engine without fear:
- HONDA ULTRA LTD 5W30 SN. the original product does not change its properties when used in a wide temperature range and reliably protects against friction;
- MOBIS PREMIUM GASOLINE 5W-20 is an oil for the Honda SRV engine that performs well at sudden temperature changes;
- TOTACHI ECO GASOLINE 5W-30. of all the brands presented, it best protects against corrosion and friction.
How often to change the oil in the variator?
Manufacturers during the design of new car models have focused on continuously variable transmissions is no coincidence. Due to the smooth gear shifting, the variator reduces the load on the engine. In addition, recent studies have shown that, on average, a car with a CVT consumes an order of magnitude less fuel than a similar vehicle with an automatic machine under the same conditions. In some cases, the savings reach 20%. In general, operating a car with such a box is a sheer pleasure, especially for novice drivers. After all, there is physically no clutch pedal in it, which frees a person from the need to constantly independently disconnect the transmission from the engine. But it should be understood that more comfortable driving means a completely different service.
The process of changing the oil in the variator is identical to how the oil is changed in the automatic transmission. But in terms of tolerances and other characteristics, oils for automatic transmissions and CVTs differ significantly. Stable operation of the continuously variable transmission is possible only with the proper quality and technical parameters of oil. At the same time, ATF should be chosen Based on the instructions of the manufacturer: the new oil should be taken according to the make and model of the car, excluding the “combined” options. All modern cars are equipped with a special meter on the dashboard, which should be guided by. For most production vehicles, manufacturers have set the ATF change frequency. every 60 thousand km. Note, however, that this distance applies to vehicles operating in “ideal conditions”.
We recommend paying attention Not only to the mileage, but also to the ride comfort:
- At the moment of movement from a place, the car jerks. In general, jerking, jerking is NOT characteristic of the normal operation of the variator. Typically, this behavior indicates a transmission malfunction. Most often, the culprit of the disease is the pressure relief valve of the pump, which can jam in the open or closed position due to metal chips clogging it.
- The box overheats and goes into emergency mode. Surely the old transmission fluid has already lost its properties and has ceased to fulfill its obligations.
- Noise in the checkpoint. At any time, the variator can hum, both because of a trifle and for a serious reason. Sometimes one ATF change is enough to return the CVT to its previous quiet operation. But in more severe cases, it will be necessary to replace worn bearings.
When the manufacturer laid down the optimal frequency. 60 thousand kilometers. He did not take into account the peculiarities of operation (quality of roads, gasoline), style and character of driving. Slippage, movement in start-stop mode, acceleration and stopping from traffic lights to traffic lights can already be considered “difficult conditions”. Therefore, ideally, the interval between changing the technical fluid of the variator should be reduced to 30-40 thousand km.
CVT Oil Nissan
For owners of Nissan cars with a CVT, the concern prescribed the following ATFs. CVT NS-1, CVT NS-2 and CVT NS-3. The main feature of THESE oils is resistance to oxidation, which makes it possible to operate the car under conditions of constant ambient temperature drop without fear for the state of the box working fluid.
First generation CVT NS-1 synthetic oil is a product focused on cars with CVT Jatco. This ATF is recommended to be poured into gearboxes of cars manufactured before 2006. Usually this substance is used by the owners of Nissan Serena, Primera, Cube, March, etc.
If your car is with Hyper CVT, and was built after 2006 inclusive, give preference to CVT NS-2. The material is ideal for Nissan Qashqai, X-Trail, Teana, Murano, Cub, Note and Tiida.
In changing the fluid in the Qashqai variator
The latest CVT 7 and CVT 8 variator modifications work with a new fluid. CVT NS-3. Suitable for all cars of the concern produced in the period from 2012 to 2013. Pathfinder, Teana, Altima.
Oil for CVT Audi
The original ATF fluid from the Audi concern received the ATF marking G 052 180 A2 and can be used on many Skoda, Seat and Volkswagen vehicles.
The manufacturer allows the product to be replaced with a quality analogue, but at least it should be Febi 27975. To completely change the oil in a CVT for an Audi, it will take about 6 liters of material.
Engine Oil for CVT Honda
CVT boxes on Honda vehicles mainly run on two types of oil. CVT Fluid HCF-2 and CVTF. However, they differ in the amount of additives and other technical parameters. You cannot use one product instead of the second. In order to preserve the good condition of the checkpoint, look in the service book, which product is best suited for which brand of car. These two fluids are developed taking into account modern Idemitsu technologies, thanks to which they are able to ensure the flawless operation of the variator in difficult operating conditions.
The first CVTF product is considered original, therefore, recommended by the manufacturer of the Fit (Jazz) variator. Let’s admit the use of ATF in the CVT auto Honda Civic, XP-B, Odyssey, Airway, Freed. Suitable for first generation CVTs (manufactured before 2013).
The manufacturer recommends using CVT Fluid HCF-2 oil on a car with a CVT of the next. second generation. This includes Honda Accord 2013 and Honda Fit 2015. This fluid is not suitable for 1st generation CVTs. You should not pour it in them.
Oil for CVT Subaru
Common Subaru Impreza and XV Equipped with Lineartronic TR-580 CVT. For the European market, the company produces ATF of the second generation. Subaru CVT Oil Lineartronic II (the first generation has already been discontinued). On Subaru Outback, Forester, Legacy, Ehida and Levorg car models with Lineartronic TR-690, the best solution would be to use the original Subaru High Torque CVT Fluid. Subaru I-CVT FG can be poured into the box of small cars of type P1 and P2. The manufacturer himself insists on this.
In order for the variator box in a Suzuki car to be able to work out all the resource laid down by the manufacturer, it is necessary to provide optimal working conditions for it. First of all, it concerns oil quality: for CVT Suzuki Buy branded product Suzuki CVT Fluid Green 1 or Suzuki CVT Fluid Green 2.
The first ATF is designed for Jatco CVTs of the JF011E modification. The second is for Jatco JF015E and JF016E. If for any reason the car owner cannot find or use CVT Fluid Green 1, its permissible replacement with Nissan NS-2 or Mitsubishi J1.
What kind of oil to pour into the variator? Choosing ATF.
For a long time, domestic motorists bypassed a continuously variable transmission, or simply a variator. But recently, the situation in the automotive market has begun to change, if not drastically, then at least noticeably: more and more motorists choose car models with CVT. A similar trend has emerged due to two main factors: more and more famous manufacturers of transport equipment began to equip passenger cars and SUVs with a variator; today this type of gearbox is almost completely studied, the main advantages and disadvantages of the CVT are known.
Specialists and entire workshops appear regularly, offering their services for the repair and maintenance of a continuously variable transmission. Getting parts, consumables and accessories for it is no longer a problem even in a small town.
CVT oil. Which is better to fill in CVT?
Oil for CVT Toyota
Aisin CVT is found on Toyota cars. The performance of this box will be provided by Toyota CVT Fluid TC and Toyota CVT Fluid FE. These are two products developed by the same Tokyo-based company. The difference between the two lies in performance and additives. It is recommended to use Toyota CVT Fluid TC on Aisin CVTs manufactured in April 2012. In turn, CVT Fluid FE is an ATF fluid designed for the CVT released after April 2012.
Suitable for the following models:
- Toyota Rav-4;
- Toyota Avensis;
- Alphard hybrid;
- Estima hybrid.
- Toyota Verso
The manufacturer allows the use of THESE oils in Lexus and Daihatsu CVT boxes.
Gasoline power units
According to the manual, it is necessary to use engine oils with properties:
- Machines supplied to Europe
- According to ACEA classification. A3 / B3, A5 / B5;
- According to SAE classification 0W-20.
To achieve a reduction in fuel consumption, the 0W-20 car oil makes it possible.
- Cars NOT supplied to Europe:
- Original Honda Motor Oil lubricants;
- API classification. SM or higher.
- Viscosity parameters of liquids are selected according to scheme 4.
Scheme 5.Viscosity of engine oils depending on temperature conditions.
According to the scheme, you need to pour grease:
- 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-30; 5W-40, at a temperature range from 30 0 С (or less) to 40 0 С (or more)
- 10W-30; 10W-40 if the air temperature is from 20 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
- 15W-40 at temperature conditions from 15 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
5W-30 Motor Fluid Reduces Fuel Consumption.
Honda CR-V IV 2013 release. Honda CR-V II 2002-2006, gasoline
It is recommended to use oils that reduce fuel consumption, corresponding to API groups SJ or SL
Scheme 1. Selection of viscosity depending on the temperature range overboard the car.
According to the scheme, the following lubricants must be used:
- 0W-20; 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-20; 5W-30; 5W-40, in the temperature range from 30 0 С (or less) to 40 0 С (or more)
- 10W-30; 10W-40 at a temperature of 20 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
- 15W-40 at temperatures from 15 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
Honda CR-V III 2007. 2012 model years
Based on the operating instructions for the Honda CRV, for this car model it is recommended to use lubricants that meet the following characteristics.
- Branded car oil Honda Diesel Oil # 1.0;
- According to the ACEA classification system. C2 or C3.
Recommended engine oil for Honda Cr-v
Each car manufacturer in the manual for the vehicle prescribes the characteristics of a lubricant that is suitable in terms of parameters for a particular type of engine. In our article we will tell you about the recommended engine oil for Honda CR-V.
Cars equipped with a gasoline car engine.
The car manufacturer strongly recommends pouring original Honda Motor Oil that meets the requirements for the entire period of operation of the car:
- Cars supplied to Europe:
- According to the ACEA system. oil types A1 / B1, A3 / B3 or A5 / B5.
The use of such motor oils helps to save the fuel mixture. For selection of lubricant for Honda CRV, use diagram 1.
Scheme 2. Dependence of the oil viscosity of gasoline vehicles (supplied to Europe) on the temperature indicators of the region in which the vehicle is operated.
According to this scheme, it is necessary to pour:
- 0W-20, 0W-30; 5W-30 at a temperature range from 30 0 С (or less) to 40 0 С (or more)
- 5W-30 at temperature conditions from 20 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
Use of 0W-20 lubricant Reduces fuel consumption.
- Machines NOT supplied to Europe.
According to the manual, to ensure the performance and durability of the engine, it is recommended to fill in original Honda Motor Oil engine fluids with the following parameters:
- API. oil classes SL or higher.
According to the viscosity indicators, the car oil is selected according to scheme 2.
Diagram 3. Dependence of the density of engine oil for gasoline engines (not supplied to Europe) on the temperature outside the car.
According to Scheme 2, the following lubricants are used:
- 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-30; 5W-40, if the air temperature is from 30 0 С (or less) to 40 0 С (or more)
- 10W-30; 10W-40 at a temperature range of 20 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
- 15W-40 at temperatures from 15 0 С to 40 0 С (and above).
for cars equipped with an engine oil level sensor, the specified oil is not used.
Pouring 0W-30 liquid helps to save the combustible mixture.
Gasoline-powered car engines.
Based on the instructions, you need to pour car oils with the parameters:
- Proprietary Honda lubricant;
- According to ACEA classification. A1 / B1, A3 / B3, A5 / B5;
- According to SAE 0W-20, in the absence of the specified lubricant, it is allowed to pour 0W-30 or 5W-30.
According to the manual, motor lubricants are used:
Recommended engine oil for Honda CR-V with parameters similar to diagram 3.