We wind the fishing line
Slowly completed disassembly of the spool-spool without losing its spare parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the spool design and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with two working tendrils
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line, lying on the inside of the spool:
- One groove. both tendrils are wound together in one groove;
- Two grooves. each antenna is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.In single-groove reels, the line is pulled into a through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod side. inside the arrow usually indicates the correct direction of winding. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded through them or held with the fingers of the free hand, they are threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is closed and attached to the trimmer bar.
The difference in line winding in two-groove spools is that initially a 2-5 m long line segment is folded in half (to determine the mid-bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each along its own groove, fixing the antennae and assembling the coil is similar to the above-described option with one groove.
The first execution of this procedure, perhaps, will seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The following will clearly show how to thread the line into the trimmer spool and wind it correctly. this operation is NOT difficult and with some patience it will certainly be crowned with success:
A couple of tips
If the line was wound correctly by you, then when you press the bobbin button, the cutting element should be automatically pulled out. The line for your mowing device is one of the most important elements, without which the trimmer can lose all its functionality. You can say that the line (cutting element) is the heart of your mower. Therefore, when buying a fishing line, Paying first of all to its quality. When purchasing a line of one or another company, be sure to compare it with the quality of an old line.
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working position of the motor and the coil in the lower part, as a rule, have side buttons on both sides of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is disconnected, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does NOT jump out and does NOT get lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with special lamb: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the wing nut that fixes the Bobbin on the bar with the other hand. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with the ability to install a knife on a straight Bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. To keep the rod stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with a left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third options, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In the bobbins, a lamb is unscrewed from the lamb, in the coils, the latches are pressed from the latch and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
Want to see? Rating of the best lawn mowers!
Automatic line winding to a spool
There is a type of reel in which the automatic mechanism winds itself. from the user it is enough only to correctly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through a hole on the inner part of the body, its antennae without winding are passed through the hole on the outer body, the reel is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the fishing line inside is wound independently. It is impossible to make the winding wrong in such a spool: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only spin in one direction.
When spring comes, people often spend their free time at their summer cottage. With the advent of warm days, they try to free their own area from such difficulties as weeds and grass.
It is difficult to do this manually, especially if the area is very large, therefore a lawn mower will help. Thanks to this technique, there is an option to trim the grass and remove weeds. this is a suitable device for mowing unnecessary plants near a fence, house, borders in rows in a garden on a flower bed, etc. What how to choose a lawn mower that is suitable for your needs read here.
The cutting element in this device is a fishing line (strong polyethylene thread), which is wound on a special element. a spool. However, over time, the line wears out and it is necessary to replace it.
The thickness of the polyethylene thread depends on the model of equipment and varies from 1.4.5 to 4 mm. You will like it:
- With a round section. this is the strongest material for mowing grassy plants;
- With a figured section. used for mowing Soft plants;
- Twisted. used for narrow grass;
- Professional type, not suitable for all models of equipment.
To change the line for lawn mowers, you need to purchase a cutting thread, which will be perfect to feel like a second type of mower.
You can soak the thread in a bowl of water for a couple of minutes to increase elasticity and strength.
The device of the element where the nylon thread is wound is very common. This element is called a coil. There are two “paths” here. the upper and the lower. Between these paths there is a special partition with a recess. A fishing line is wound on all these paths. For earlier it needs to be pulled through the recesses.
So that you can remove the coil without obstacles, you need to Unscrew the special button that is located on the mower body.
Features of changing the line to.
It should be noted that the reels in the mower are usually different:
- For functioning with one tendril;
- For functioning with 2 tendrils;
- The fishing line must be threaded through the through hole, which is placed inside the element.
How to wind the line on the Stihl trimmer spool
The trimmer is one of the most common tools that you can use to quickly and easily cut grass, small shrubs, lawn grass and other weeds. It’s not a secret for anyone that in order for the mowing of grass to be successful, it is necessary to use the tool correctly and correctly handle individual cutting elements.
It doesn’t matter what fuel they use in trimmers, special cutting attachments (knives, discs) are used, and some trimmers are supplied to the market in the heads of which a cutting element such as a fishing line is installed, and therefore many are wondering how to fill the line into the trimmer spool Stihl, if there are no skills as such.
- Cutting attachments in the form of knives can be sharpened, but the fishing line (also cutting elements), but tends to be consumed. Below we will talk about how to properly thread the cutting element into the Stihl trimmer spool. fishing line.
The process of winding the line on a reel
- After all the preparatory actions, we need to correctly determine how exactly the fishing line will be washed on your device, by turning the lid or in the opposite direction.
- Measure out about 7 mm of cutting material and insert it into the hole of the bobbin with one end. It is worth noting that the line is wound exactly on the style mower model on both sides. The direction of winding the line in such models is indicated on the bobbin itself.
- The line is brought out to about 17 cm freely so that weeds can be cut off with the ends. We add that it is not worth winding the line on a reel of great length. Leave a distance of about 5 mm from the line to the edge of the spool.
- The two ends of the line are inserted into the holes in the bobbin. Both THESE ends Must be securely attached to the device body.
- The springs removed from the coil (if any) are inserted in the same way as they were removed, i.E. Into the bobbin and the head body itself.
- To determine if you have correctly inserted the line into the trimmer, you need the element (bobbin) itself to be easily inserted into the head body of your device. If necessary, pull the free ends of the line outward still. To achieve this, you need to pull the line out of the groove with a sharp movement through the holes in the bobbin.
So, let’s say you figured out how quickly, and most importantly, to correctly wind the line on the Stihl trimmer reel. All you have to do is insert everything correctly into the grooves and fix the main cover on the device. Then you can press on the bobbin itself and make counterclockwise movements until you feel the stop. If you DO NOT feel the emphasis, then most likely the line you have filled the words of the business and you will have to start everything from scratch.
Do not confuse this part with a reel lawnmower extension, as despite the similar title, these are two completely different elements.
Small Excavator Chainsaw Machinery is designed for light jobs and people who prefer to hold the device with one hand.
This article will tell you that, how much does a ZIL 130 dump truck weigh what this transport is capable of.
Read here //machinspec.com/lesozagotovitelnaya/benzopila/stanok-dlya-zatochki.html how to assemble a machine for sharpening chainsaw chains on your own quickly and easily.
In the first option, winding the cutting element is very simple:
- There is a locking tab on the inside of the spool element.
- One whining tendril is inserted there.
- You need to thread the nylon thread in the direction reverse of the rotation of the bobbin element.
- Only 2 to 4 meters of fishing line will come in handy. When the winding process is complete, put the small end of this cutting element outward and fix it in the groove, which is needed to fix the fishing line so that it does not unwind during the operation of the mower.
- If there is a special groove, then the end should be held by hand so that the cutting element does NOT unwind during the upcoming assembly of the element.
- At the final step, you need to thread the outer end of the thread into a special hole located on the outside of the element. Subsequently, of course insert the coil into the mower.
Preparing the trimmer spool for winding
Initially, as a rule, the coil is installed to the head of the device itself. The coil consists of two parts. a cover and a spring.
- Whatever company you have a trimmer, the preparation steps are the same for all types. Let’s disassemble the device, or rather, remove the coil from the trimmer head. To do this, press until the stop on the latches located on the sides of the head body, and turn the head clockwise.
- To open the mowing head without problems, press the side latches, if you cannot do this with your hands, use a flat screwdriver to help. We take out the coil from the head.
- In order to choose the right line for your equipment, there should be numbers on the inside of the reel, which indicate the thickness and type of acceptable line. All designations are indicated, as a rule, in millimeters.
- If you did NOT find any numbers, then the maximum allowable line diameter can be determined by the through hole for inserting the line. The line should run smoothly back and forth.
How to wind line on a Stihl trimmer
The first way
Line bent in half
The prepared segment (in this case, it is 4 meters) is bent approximately in half. one segment should be 15-20 cm longer, and inserted into a special slot located on the dividing wall.
The line is inserted into the slot
In a certain direction earlier, the fishing line is wound. This is done in an interference fit, the line is neatly distributed. In this case, you need to wind a segment that is longer in the section that is closer to the button.
There are designs that do not provide for dividing the coil into two sections. This does NOT change anything, the line is wound in a similar way. You just need to make sure that the segments do not overlap with each other.
The first should end that segment, which is located at the bottom of the coil, i.E. The one closest to the fixing holes.
This tip fits into the corresponding hole in diameter. The line is securely fixed.
The line is securely fixed
A long segment is wound another half turn. There he is similarly fixed. In this case, the segment crosses another section of the coil.
A long segment is wound another half turn
The fixed ends of the coiled line are inserted into the holes of the trimmer spool body.
The fixed ends of the coiled line are inserted into the holes of the trimmer spool body
The coil is attached to the body. The ends of the fishing line are pulled with effort so that the fishing line, fixed earlier in the holes of the reel, pops out from there. It is easily identified by the characteristic sound (click).
The ends of the line pull up with effort
Button spool snaps into trimmer spool housing.
Button spool snaps into trimmer spool housing
The line was changed successfully. In this case, you need to set it back to the trimmer and you can start Mowing the grass.
It should be repeated, it is not necessary to remove the spool from the trimmer. this was done for clarity of the process of replacing the fishing line. You can disassemble the spool in place, wind it on the spool and put it back.
Line replacement completed successfully
The tip so that they do not hit the trimmer cover can and should be trimmed.
Changing the line in the trimmer: 2 easy ways
In this manual, we will walk through the entire replacement process step by step. Going forward, there are two ways to line the trimmer spool. There are fundamental differences. the difference lies in the fact that in the first case one line will be refueled, folded in half, and in the second there will be two such lines.
Method 2. two segments
Two coiled line pieces
Fundamentally does not differ from the method The only difference is two wound pieces of fishing line, instead of one.
The end of each segment is folded
The end of each segment is folded.
Two special fixing sockets
There are two special fixing sockets on the coil (see picture above).
We start reeling the line
They hook it with a hook formed earlier on the fishing line, and begin to wind the fishing line.
Winding is carried out in a special order
The winding must be carried out in the following order: first the lower line, i.E. The one that is closer to the fixing holes at the bottom of the coil, and only then the top one, i.E. The one that will overlap the bottom section.
The bottom line is reeling
The tip is made into the holes in the trimmer spool body. They are pulled to clicks, which means that the line has come out of the clips.
The tip is threaded into the holes in the trimmer spool body
The coil is fastened into the body. The line in the spool has been replaced.
The line in the spool has been replaced
How to wind line around the trimmer cutter head or lawn mowers
Preparing for replacement
We disassemble the trimmer spool
For clarity, the mowing head (spool) was removed from the lawn mower. To replace the fishing line, it is not necessary to remove it, everything is done locally. It does NOT take long.
We disassemble the trimmer spool. it rests on the latch-latches. Remove the cover by pressing on the latches. If you do not have enough effort with your hands, then use a screwdriver.
The spool consists of the following:
- Spring case
- Cover with locking latch
- Reel with button
The principle of operation is as follows. By pressing the button, the spool presses on the spring and comes out of the locking grooves in the spool cap. By holding the reel in this state, you can twist it by adjusting the length of the line. When the button is released, the body spring returns the coil to its original fixed state.
Disassembled trimmer spool
On the bottom of the reel there are several holes for different diameters of the lines. They may differ from trimmer manufacturer. In some cases (as here) they are signed, in others there is.
These holes are needed to fix the line when replacing it. After winding on the grandmother’s fishing line, the ends of the latter are inserted into them. This is necessary so that the scaffold does NOT unwind when the coil is installed in the trimmer body. In other words, it makes it easier to change the line.
Holes for fixing the line
There are models without specifying the diameter of consumables. Then, in order to find out what the maximum diameter of the scaffold can be used, it is tried on along the holes for the outlet of the fishing line from the trimmer spool body (see Figure below).
Fitting on the holes of the line output
The reel has two line sections separated by a baffle. They may not exist. They are needed only to distinguish and facilitate the winding of consumables.
Two sections for line
First, they are determined with the required length of the loess. The latter is wound into one of the sections of the coil so that it does not go beyond its limits. In this case, 3 mm was wound, the length turned out to be about 2 meters. Those. For two sections you need a 4-meter segment. this is for the 1st method. For the second method, you need two segments of 2 meters each.
Determining the required line length
Now you need to figure out which way you need to wind it. To do this, many trimmer manufacturers apply special designations to the spools, such as in the figure below.
Special designation on the reel
If such designations were not found, then you need to Pay attention to the spool body. There is necessarily an arrow that indicates the movement of the mowing head. The line is wound in the opposite direction.
Bobbin case designation
How to wind line around the trimmer cutter head or lawn mowers
Changing the line in the trimmer: 2 easy ways
Feedback from our readers is very important for us. Leave your rating in the comments with the reasoning for your choice. Your opinion will be useful to other users.