As a rule, under the corner cut tiles and tiles for wall or floor lining. Using the technique you can get an aesthetic framing without buying decorative corners.
- interior finishes in the kitchen, bathroom, bathroom;
- Creating an interior in office and commercial premises;
- restaurant tile cladding;
- tile work for swimming pools, saunas, relaxation areas, etc.д.
You can perform the work yourself, or you can order a cut at 45 degrees from a specialized organization. What to choose depends on the amount of work and available budget. Those who are engaged in large construction is most reasonable to order the cutting in bulk from professionals, rather than lose time using their own forces. If you need to fit only a couple of elements, it is enough just to read this article.
Recommendations from the specialists
often for facing works the tiles with a glazed coating on the front side are used. This is a very fragile compound for mechanical processing. Therefore, the masters during the formation of the cut of ceramic tiles at 45 degrees do not affect the glaze within 0.5-1 mm. That is, only part of the clay base is removed. But this approach is relevant for factory edges.
Choosing a method and tools for work is based on the situation and the characteristics of the facing material. For example, in a residential house it is better not to dust. For porcelain tiles, the best option is an electric tile cutter.
How to cut a tile at home
In the home you should use such a tool:
Tile is fixed, make a marking and spend a cutting edge on this contour. The minimum distance from the edge of the tile is 1 cm. If you cut the product even closer to the edge, it may deform. Quickly remove the excess part can be done in two ways:
- The tile should be placed on the edge of the table so that its edge coincided with the product marking line, then the free edge is lightly pressed in the middle;
- Under the material you need to put a protruding object: a nail, a block of wood or a wire and lightly press from above.
Electric tile cutting machine, laser, hydro-abrasive such options are not used in the home because of the high cost and complexity of implementation.
When trimming the tiles, remember that you can only cut the clay, not reaching the glaze 0.5-1 mm. In this case, the corner of the tile is nice and smooth, without damage or jagged edges.
Modern possibilities and the skill of specialists allow you to make an undercut of tile under 45 degrees, not only from the edge, but also in the middle of the product. To do this, the tile must be measured and cut according to the required size, and then cut at 45 degrees. To get a quality result, you should seal the cut edge with sandpaper.
Cutting with a handheld tile cutter
There is no professional manual tile cutter for porcelain tiles.
For this purpose, an ordinary tile cutter is used, if it has the following features:
- Powerful frame with increased stiffening ribs for preserving the geometry of the harrow.
- No carriage play and smooth running. These moments are provided by bearings and thick guides. Carriages without bearings are unreliable and can fail at any time.
- Diameter of the cutting wheel is matched to the thickness of the tile.
Tools for cutting porcelain tile must be new, old broken tile cutters will turn the tiles into a pile of junk.
Work using a hand-held tile cutter should be done in the following order:
- The tile is marked with a measuring tool and a construction marker and placed on the tile cutter exactly along the line.
- The line is drawn away from yourself with a light, careful and even pressure.
- The foot is placed on the tile surface and the pressure is applied to break it.
- Grind the cut if necessary.
Remember that the line on the tile cutter on porcelain tiles is carried out only once. Repeatedly drawing the line will cause the tile to break incorrectly.
If you want to achieve a perfect tile surface, a 2 to 5 mm allowance is added to the cut and it is polished to the exact size afterwards.
How to MITER CUT tile like a PRO!!!
- Unable to make curved cuts or cut narrow strips less than 60 mm wide.
- The oblique cuts are broken with chipping because of the ribs on the tile from the back side.
In comparison with an angle grinder tile cutter allows you to increase productivity by several times.
We save time and money of our customers!
Our specialists will come to the object, measure, take away and deliver the ready material in convenient for you time. We perform sawing of any complexity and volume, in particular we work with large-format boards. We are ready to cut ceramic and porcelain tiles for wall, floor, stairwells of private and commercial facilities.
We work with both individuals and legal entities, and for long-term cooperation we are ready to offer favorable terms.
Why cut the edge of the tiles at an angle of 45 degrees?
For what tile trimming under 45 degrees is necessary? Such an operation becomes demanded in two cases:
- When it is necessary to dock outer and inner corner of rectangular elements, when you need to perform bevel for an edge, helping to form a beautiful flat corner. This operation allows you to eliminate the use of cheap plastic corners.
- When a diagonal tile layout is selected for tiling. In this case, it is necessary to perform the cutting of the tile itself at an angle of 45 degrees.
Such task can be performed with different tools.
What kind of tiles we cut?
For over 10 years our company provides professional tile cutting services, including those at 45 degrees. On our account a huge number of successfully implemented projects, we know exactly how to perform their work at 100%.
Cutting tiles at an angle of 45 ° is quite difficult work, which requires a professional approach and equipment.
We cut tiles with modern Italian equipment accurately and without chips. We also grind edges in addition to the angle.
How to work with a hand tool
When using angle grinders, the work is performed sequentially:
- The workpiece is clamped in a vice perpendicular to the edge.
- A disc with a diamond coating is put on the angle grinder.
- The reverse (clay) side of the tiles are ground with a disc at an angle of 45 ° or sharper, not reaching the edge of the enamel on 0,5-1,5 mm. The exact value of the indentation depends on the tile texture and thickness of the enamel, on products with a relief or corrugated ledges do it a little more. Throughout the stage, the angle grinder works at minimum speed.
- Deburring the bevel. Tooling depends on the skill of the worker and the budget, if possible at this stage is used the same angle grinder with a diamond wheel or a belt sander. As an alternative to diamond circles are grinding discs with sandpaper on Velcro, and a belt sander. wooden blocks with sandpaper.
In the absence of experience in performing such work, it is recommended to perform the last stage by hand, with a gradual decrease in the grit of abrasive nozzles. Particular attention should be paid to products with dark glaze or texture relief, their factory edges are left untouched and only lightly sanded with sandpaper. In order to avoid mistakes, the required distance can be marked with a pencil.