DIY from an old angle grinder
What kind of do-it-yourself out of the old angle grinder can be done yet?? For example, you can easily construct a grinder on rollers, which is very convenient to use. To make a grinding machine from an angle grinder, you will need two narrow strips of metal, a stud with a diameter of 8-10 mm, washers and nuts.
In the photo homemade grinding machine can be seen that the bottom metal strips are fixed two rollers or bearings, which allow easy movement of the grinder along the workpiece. In this case, the angle grinder is attached to the strips of metal with a stud, which actually can adjust the height of the angle grinder over the workpiece.
It’s easy enough to make from an angle grinder and homemade as a garden mower. For these purposes it will be necessary to use an old wheelbarrow, bottom of which is placed an angle grinder with blades or a line for mowing grass. The only disadvantage of this home-made from the angle grinder will be that to connect the power tool will need to use a fairly long carrying. In that case, it is much better and more convenient to use an old cordless electric screwdriver.
What you can make from an old angle grinder still? Here’s a small-sized circle cutter or, for example, a belt Grinder like the one pictured here. You need to take two square pipes of different diameters, in the one that is larger, insert a spring to tension the band. The shaft of the homemade grinder from the angle grinder is made of wood with an inserted nut inside to fix the shaft to the angle grinder.
You can make from the angle grinder and a machine for sharpening spiral drills, as well as, a full-fledged circular saw. It should be noted that the design of circular saws from the angle grinder can be very different. The pictures below show perhaps the simplest version of a circular saw.
It will not be difficult to make out of the angle grinder schtroborez, but will have to work hard in advance to install 3-4 disks (depending on the desired width of the ream) on the shaft of the angle grinder.
Сool idea for a vacation from an old angle grinder!!
On the description and correction of this failure I will dwell in more detail, because its elimination will help avoid other failures.
There is always a temptation not to buy new pinions, but to use the old ones, even if they are worn a bit, but not completely worn out. Unfortunately, nothing worthwhile will come of this endeavor. Waste of time and effort. Once rolled up edges of gears can not be restored, they will in any case slip.
If the process of teeth wear has gone too far, the angle grinder when you turn on it emits a characteristic whistling sound. The gears in this case have to be replaced, and in pairs. One can visually judge how worn the gears are. On one side of the teeth of both gears a characteristic radius is formed, smoothly turning into a chamfer, formed by slippage of the mating gears.
Why This Malfunction Occurs
- In my opinion, the main reason is inaccurate design calculations of gearbox dimensions, everything is done on the spot. Next, escalating, the lack of technological discipline and as a consequence, defects or short life of the tool.
- Another reason is the discrepancy of materials. If someone is engaged in repair of Chinese products, he understands what I mean.
- Loose fastening of the gearbox cover. The cause of this malfunction is more likely carelessness of the user, the power tool should be watched, but it may turn out that in one of the fasteners of the cover to the housing elementary threads are broken.
How to fix this problem
Of course, you will have to change pinions in any case, but the tool’s performance after repair will not last long. The cause of the problem should be eliminated.
There are four ways to repair an angle grinder suffering from insufficient clutching of the drive and idler gears.
- Grind approx. 1 mm of the gearbox housing metal surface adjacent to the cover or grind half of this distance on the housing and the other half on the cover. This method, only at first sight, seems the simplest of all suggested. In fact, without a surface grinding machine it is hardly feasible, at a more or less quality level. over, when grinding the housing the depth of blind holes for fixing screws will be reduced, and this can affect the proper pressing of the cover to the gearbox housing.
- Shift the pinion (small) closer to the idler using a shim washer. In principle, this method is not worse than the next two, but here the problem is to calculate the size by which the pinion should be shifted. Insufficient contact won’t do anything and too close contact will only speed up the wear process.
- Shrink the driven gear on the shaft from the cover bearing closer to the driven gear, about 1 mm. The idea is simple, a tighter fit is prevented by the retaining ring, which, in turn, is held in the retaining groove machined on the shaft. That’s why you need to make a new groove, below the native one, about a millimeter, and put a washer, which thickness is equal to the distance by which the locking groove is shifted, under the pinion.
- Center the shaft with the idler bearing on it. To do this, turn the bearing shoulder on the shaft. At the same time the shaft will be somewhat displaced to the side of the cover (in my case by 1.3 mm). The idler pinion will be displaced together with the lathe.
Turning the shaft is probably the easiest and most effective solution to the problem of insufficient clutch of the gears, of course, when you have a lathe “at hand”. If necessary, you can also cut the end of the shaft, which enters the support sleeve.
This is what I meant when I wrote about material mismatches. As you can see, the sleeve is made of powder, but worse than that, this powder is not properly sintered and means that the part will soon just fall apart.
Some grinder models have a needle bearing instead of a bushing, which, however, does not really affect the life of the product as a whole.
Grinder for making it with your own hands
Various accessories for angle grinder allow you to expand the functionality of the tool and make it convenient.
- Grain grinder.
- Knife sharpener.
- Powerful drill.
- Tape Grinder.
- Fitting saw.
- Home mini-pilot grinder.
- Milling machine.
Indispensable tool for woodworking. Professional models are expensive, and the milling machine itself is not required too often. But it is possible to make a machine tool from an angle grinder, which is not inferior to the factory one. To do this, you need:
- Purchase a chuck for a drill with M14 thread or make it yourself.
- Mount it on the angle grinder instead of clamping nuts.
- Assemble the base. It is important that there should be a tool height adjustment. two guides with the ability to fix the angle grinder.
For the materials we choose what we have on hand. For working with wood, a machine made of plywood will do. The plane of the base must be as flat as possible, otherwise it will be difficult to achieve a good quality of processing.
If you want to make a collet chuck for cutters from a magazine, it is also possible. Masters often use homemade tooling made of copper and bronze.
When making a milling machine, keep in mind that the angle grinder was not designed to work with long shafts and nozzles, so backlash may occur when installing chucks.
What can be made of an angle grinder by hand
The master will show a selection of interesting ideas on the use of the angle grinder, which will help expand the functionality of the tool and make it more convenient. See a selection of 5 options and choose what you can make based on your experience.
The assembly saw is shown on the screen. This is not a factory production. This home-made machine has two clamps. horizontal and vertical. Thanks to the duo of clamps, not a single piece will come off, be it a corner or a pipe. In addition, there is a movable limiter for serial sawing of parts of a certain length. A great device that is not difficult to assemble by hand. 2. The Grinder may not be visually appealing, but nobody ever asked it to be. The idea in the reliability and practicality. The most interesting thing is that no welding machine is used for making this home-made machine. In other words. not a single part is welded. All tightened by bolts, which facilitates the assembly of the construction.
You can turn an old table into a mini home sawmill. Attention! The fragment of this video shows an unfinished machine or a protective cover has been removed. Questions, in addition to this and others, there are also to the gloves. See safety rules for your sawmill. Use a power regulator to change the speed of this DIY grinder. The angle grinder is mounted under the table in three places. Thereby eliminating any vibrations from the disc. But note, this is just an idea, not a finished unit. Making such a self-made machine, first of all take care of safety. It is necessary to cover the unused part of the disk. For convenience, expand the table and install guides.
4. There is another idea. to make a milling machine from an angle grinder. Not only can it be used to cut, but also to make selections. You will not cut metal with a mill, but with a milling disc. The angle grinder is easy to attach. It is screwed with its handle through the angle that runs along the table. If the option seems simple, you can develop the idea and come up with something of your own. 5. If you sawed large-diameter pipes, you faced the problem of sawing the metal in one plunge, as the angle grinder gear always interferes with doing it. Self-made will help to solve the problem. In addition to the assembly saw or to the pendulum saw, the bed with furniture rollers helps to rest and fix the pipe. At the same time, making a small cut thanks to the rollers, it is easy to twist and cut through the entire diameter.
What can be made out of the angle grinder with his own hands
Angle grinder. a popular tool used by professionals and home masters. If the nodes of the angle grinder are out of order, or a more expensive and perfect model has been bought, do not get rid of the old machine. from the angle grinder you can make a quality homemade machine that will be useful in the household. This article will list what can be made out of the angle grinder with their own hands.
What can be made out of the angle grinder with their own hands
The easiest homemade machine is a machine from a small angle grinder. The work will be accompanied by a minimum of costs, and the manipulation will take a few hours. The output design will be a long metal tube, which serves as a handle and frame.
To one end a cross bar made of metal with two holes for fastening the tool is welded. On the same side, the tube is fixed to a piece of angle on a movable shaft. The first can be fixed to the work table or to the floor in the workroom. If you are faced with the question of what you can make from an angle grinder, you can perform a cutting machine, acting according to the described algorithm. According to him, on the opposite side of the mount, it is necessary to fix the spring, which will ensure the return of the structure to its original position. Once this step is complete, you can use your homemade. You will only need to install the device correctly.
This version of the machine is the easiest solution for machining metal, whereas complex work will require precision, so the design for such tasks must be made more stable, which means that the work will have to be approached more thoroughly.
What you can make out of the gearbox from an angle grinder with your own hands
The master will show a selection of interesting ideas on the use of the angle grinder, which will help expand the functionality of the tool and make it more convenient. See a selection of 5 options and choose what you can make, based on your experience. 1. The screen shows the assembly saw. This is not a factory production. Such a self-made machine has two clamps. horizontal and vertical. The duo of clamps prevents any part from jumping out of place, be it a corner or a pipe. In addition, there is a movable limiter for serial sawing of parts of a certain length. A great device that is not difficult to assemble by hand.
The Grinder may not be visually beautiful, but nobody ever demanded it to be so. The idea is to be reliable and practical. The most interesting thing is that no welding machine is used for making this self-made machine. In other words. not a single piece is welded. Everything is bolted down, what makes it easy to assemble the construction.
You can make a home mini sawmill from an old table. Attention! The fragment of this video shows unfinished machine or removed protective cover. There are questions about gloves, in addition to this and others. Watch safety at work on the sawmill.
With the help of the power regulator you can change the speed of this home-made machine. The angle grinder is mounted under the table in three places. Thereby eliminating any vibration of the disc. But this is just an idea, not a complete unit. Making such a home-made machine, first of all take care of your safety. It is necessary to cover the unused part of the disk. For convenience, expand the table and install rails.
A modest variant for cutting molded products. This homemade machine with the presence of guides can cut metal at 90 degrees, 45 degrees. The guides themselves are removable. What makes the saw easier to transport and store. This self-made machine has two ways of returning the cutting disc to its initial position simultaneously. This is a counterweight in the form of a dumbbell and a spring. You can use only one of them to choose from.
Another idea is to make a milling machine from an angle grinder. On it you can not only cut, but also make selections. You will not cut metal with the cutter, but with the milling disc. The angle grinder is fastened simply. It screws its handle through the angle that runs along the table. If the option seems simple, you can develop the idea and come up with something of your own.
If you saw large-diameter pipes, you’ve encountered a problem sawing the metal in one plunge, because the angle grinder gear always prevents you from doing so. This self-made device will help to solve the problem. In addition to the assembly or pendulum saw, the frame with furniture rollers helps to support and fix the pipe. Making a small cut thanks to the rollers, it is easy to twist and cut through the entire diameter.
What can be made of the gear reducer from an angle grinder with his own hands?
At the home handyman or IP technical or repair-construction profile cutting machine is the second most needed after the drill. Or after a welding machine, if the master specializes in wood and / or metal structures.
Just on the farm, a pendulum crosscut saw will make it a lot easier to cut firewood and reduce the cost of it. Therefore, in this article we will tell you how to make a cutting machine with your own hands, making do with a minimum of precise and complex work. Or even without, if you already have an angle grinder. angle grinder.
Working on homemade cutting machines
The unsafe design of a homemade cutting machine
It seems to be all right, even a face shield instead of safety glasses. Which is definitely more reliable. What’s wrong with it?? Take a closer look. In fact, not paragraphs from thick volumes of regulatory documents. Well, who did not see. here: the machine from an angle grinder. So the rocker is not balanced. But instead of compulsory in this version of the rebound spring (see “The rebound spring”). Next). elastic link (tie for bicycle / motorcycle luggage like). Unreliable, the chance of tearing is higher just in emergency situation, and it’s hard to make a deep cut, the stubborn rubber band tears the handle out of your hand.