Instructions for making
Once you have decided on a design with suitable parameters, you can start building the unit.
Making the frame step by step
Square or square steel pipes or angles are normally used to construct the frame, or channels can also be used.
- Cut the metal pipe into elements of the right size. Their number and parameters are selected depending on the intended size and carrying capacity of the machine.
- Weld two half-frames and connect them with hinges. For this purpose, a PTO shaft from a truck is suitable.
After completing the frame, you should verify that the installation is correct. If everything is suitable, proceed to the creation of the next unit, if not, we finalize the design.
Another option for the frame is all-metal. In such a design you need to connect 2 longitudinal members (right and left) and 2 crossbars (front and rear). Stringers and cross beams are made from channels. A metal bar is used as a cross beam.
At the back of the frame it is recommended to make a hitch, so you can use attached implements and a cart (trailer).
Making and mounting the undercarriage
To equip the self-made tractor with the full-fledged front undercarriage, you can buy the hubs complete with the braking system and preferably complete with steering rods, steering wheel, gearbox and steering column.
Or assemble everything yourself. To do this:
- Find a metal profile tube (must match the size of the front axle).
- Attach the wheel hubs to the ends of the tube.
- Fix the created axle in the center of the front frame.
- Install the steering rods, and then align them with the steering gear.
- Install and adjust the steering rod and rudder.
- To make the rear axle in a similar way from profile pipe and hubs.
- Fit the pulley, which will transfer torque from the engine to other elements of the chassis.
- To fix the motor, weld an iron plate to the frame and drill holes for the motor mounts. Use bolts to mount the motor to the frame. It is better to use a “floating” (sliding) mounting, this will simplify adjustment and provide the necessary tensioning of the belts.
- Fit the belt drive, which is necessary for transmitting the force from the power plant to the tractor’s rear axle. It is important that the universal joint shaft pulley be in the same plane as the unit’s rear axle pulley. It is advisable to cover the belt drive with a protective shield to prevent slipping during operation and to prolong its service life.
Mounting the hydraulics
The hydraulic system is used to control and regulate both trailed and mounted implements, e.g. the working depth can be adjusted. It includes the following components: oil pump, oil tank, hydraulic cylinder and distributor. The entire system is connected by flexible oil-resistant hoses.
Algorithm of installation of hydraulics on a single axle tractor:
- Determine location for pump, distributor, pistons and other accessories. Keep the distance from the motor output shaft to the closest point of transmission to the hydraulic system as short as possible.
- Install the pump as close as possible to the drive shaft. The reservoir with working oil must be placed over it, to ensure the free flow of liquid to the pump blades and to reduce the loss of useful mechanical energy. To ensure uninterrupted operation of the system, a filter is installed between the fluid container and the pump.
- The pump is connected to a control valve with oil-resistant hoses. The directional valve controls the flow of oil to the cylinders and blocks the flow when idling.
- After the directional valve has been installed, the hydraulic cylinders are mounted onto the working part of the frame. These elements are special piston units, designed for use in the hydraulic system. Alternatively, they can be made from oil-type shock absorbers.
- The fasteners are determined by the type of equipment, its configuration, and the nature of the work to be performed with it.
Mounting the brake system
For installation you can buy new parts to create the braking system or use the factory parts from the car.
- To determine the location of the brake pedal and the main brake cylinder.
- Make a mount for them.
- Connect the cylinder to the brake drums with oil-resistant hoses.
- Check brake system for leaks.
Features of designs
The process of converting a Moto-Block into a minitractor does not require the owner to prepare technical documentation and registration of the vehicle in the traffic police. The common feature for self-made structures is the frame on which the power unit, rear axle and control units are rigidly mounted. Prefabricated components from serial vehicles and tractors are used for tractor assembly.
For those who want to save time, there are ready-made kits for converting a power tiller into a mini-tractor.
An example would be the Crosser conversion kit with medium
There are also more affordable kits that are made by small workshops. Kits include frame, actuators and brake mechanism, fenders, and seat and steering bar. The advantage of this set is the versatility of the customer can adapt it to the existing single axle tractor in accordance with his preferences.
The standard power units used are four-stroke carbureted engines with a cylinder volume of up to 250 cm³ and developing up to 10-13 liters.с. Rarely encountered diesel engines with similar characteristics. Transmissions have up to four speeds and are linked to the drive wheels by a belt drive. Gear or chain drives are used in wheel drive. Standard transmissions often lack a differential.
An extra pair of wheels mounted on a mini-tractor can be used to control the direction of travel. Theoretically it can be equipped with a drive, but the transmission scheme will become more complicated. To realize a four-wheel drive requires the use of constant velocity joints on the driven wheels and the differential. Otherwise the all-wheel drive will impair passability and reduce reliability of the transmission.
Depending on the intended use of the mini-tractor, a frame design is chosen. If the tractor is used for tillage or other agricultural work, the optimal solution is a closed rectangular steel frame. The frame must be strong enough to withstand the weight of the tractor’s mechanisms and the loads occurring during operation.
If the mini-tractor is supposed to be used as a means of transportation, it is recommended to use a broken frame consisting of two parts. The frame elements are connected to each other by hinged joints. The complexity of such a construction is the transmission. To transmit torque to the drive wheels it is necessary to use a cardan shaft or place the engine together with the drive wheels on one part of the frame. The second variant is simpler, but does not provide equal loading of the tractor wheels.
Rear-mounted crossmembers for auxiliary farm equipment are available. For towing trailers ready-made adapters or self-made units are used which are created with a glance to the peculiarities of a trailer.
Online Loan Application
Requirements to the client for processing the loan: Citizenship of the Russian Federation Permanent registration in any region of the Russian Federation Availability of own cell phone, as well as contact and work phone number Age 18 years old Required documents: Passport of a citizen The period of validity of the credit decision: 7 days Application amount: From 3 000 to 300 000
Before sending a request to the Bank, you MUST agree with the managers of the company about availability and cost. It is possible to sign the documents of credit agreement in the company’s store, as well as in any outlet of Post Bank
We are in social networks
Mini tractor from power tiller: 4 variants of making it with your own hands
Many owners of power tillers often think of modernizing their farming technique. In fact, to improve the available unit, and turn it into a full-fledged minitractor is not very difficult. However, you will need to study the recommendations and follow the order of action. this will give you the opportunity to get an effective homemade mini-tractor, which will be able to solve absolutely all the tasks assigned to him.
The choice of a power tiller
A very important aspect in the beginning of the construction is the choice of the right type of tractor.
There are several selection criteria:
All these nuances must be taken into account. The main thing is to know what area of land you will work with it: if the area is large, then the engine must be powerful. The weight of the machine also plays an important role. Depending on what type of soil and the complexity of processing, buy a single-axle tractor with a weight of more.
It will be optimal to choose a model of power tiller that runs on diesel fuel. Such engines will cope with all the tasks without problems. The fuel consumption is several times less than that of a gasoline-powered one.
Not everyone has the opportunity to buy a single-axle tractor from a good manufacturer, but there is no need to do this, because you masters a minitractor on the basis of a power tiller yourself to save money.
The sequence when constructing a mini tractor from a power tiller with my own hands
The video provides detailed instructions for the conversion. The main steps that you have to go through:
- Create kinematic scheme. An obligatory condition, which must be taken into account, is to obtain such a construction, the individual parts of which will be in balance with each other. Otherwise your machine won’t last a long time and will soon just fall apart. The development of such a scheme can be engaged both independently and use a ready-made diagram and drawings from the set for alteration.
- Create a frame, which must be made of metal pipes and the same corners. Here, you should pay careful attention to the future location of the bushing and fork, because it is through them that the trailer turns.
- Making a body for the tractor. In this case the ideal material is solid steel sheet, which should be no more than 30cm high.
- Carry out the installation of the driver’s seat. You can use absolutely any design that resembles this detail, but it will be more convenient to use the seat from an old car, which is no longer needed.
- We carry out the installation of attachments. For each owner of such equipment, the equipment may be different, depending on the purpose of its future use.
- We test the equipment for its operability. Attached equipment also requires the adoption of such measures. In the case of improper use will have to carry out the conversion of a power tiller into a mini-tractor again, starting with drawings and the purchase of a set for the conversion and ending with a similar test.
- Painting the minitractor. Here it is possible to use absolutely any paint, but the main thing is that it is intended for covering metal surfaces. This will avoid repainting after a short period of time.
Assembling a mini-tractor from a power tiller
the single-axle tractor is indispensable for agricultural tasks. Multifunctional and powerful machine is a small tractor that performs the bulk of the work on the site. For all the advantages of technology, it has a serious drawback, without the operator and his physical efforts the machine will not work. But it is possible to improve the machine yourself. If you follow the recommendations of experts and have a conversion kit, you can make a mini tractor from a power tiller.
Page does not exist
1.1. The use of the materials and services of the Site is regulated by the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
1.2. This Agreement is a public offer. By accessing this site, you are deemed to have accepted this agreement.
1.3. The Website Administration has the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement unilaterally at any time. Such amendments shall become effective 3 (three) days after the posting of the new version of the Agreement on the Site. If the User does not agree with the changes made, it shall deny access to the Site and stop using the Site’s materials and services.
2.1. The User agrees not to take any actions, which may be considered as infringing the Russian legislation or norms of international law, including in the area of intellectual property, copyrights and/or related rights, or any actions that result or may result in the disruption of the normal Website operation and Website services.
2.2. The use of the Site’s materials without the consent of the right holders is not allowed (Art. 1270 GD.К ). For the lawful use of the Site materials it is necessary to conclude license agreements (obtain licenses) from the Rightholders.
2.3. When quoting materials from this site, a link to the site is required (Subitem 1, Clause 1, Article 1274 GD.К ).
2.4. Комментарии и мнения владельцев and other writings of the User on the Site should not be in conflict with the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation and generally accepted standards of morality and morality.
2.5. The user is warned that the Site Administration is not responsible for visiting and using external resources, links to which may be contained on the site.
2.6. The User agrees that the Site Administration is not responsible and has no direct or indirect liability to the User in connection with any possible or incurred losses or damages in connection with any m the Site, copyright registration and information about such registration, goods or services available at or obtained through external sites or resources or other contacts of the User, which he has entered into using the information posted on the Site or links to external resources.
2.7. The User accepts the provision that all materials and services of the Site or any part thereof may be accompanied by advertising. The User agrees that the Website Administration is not responsible and has no obligations of any kind in connection with such ads.
3.1. All possible disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be resolved in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
3.2. Nothing in the Agreement may be understood as establishing agency relations, partnership relations, joint activity relations, personal employment relations, or any other relations not directly provided by the Agreement between the User and the Website Administration.
3.3. A court ruling that any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable shall not invalidate the other provisions of the Agreement.
3.4. No reaction from the Website Administration in case of violation of the Agreement provisions by any User does not deprive the Website Administration of the right to take appropriate actions later to protect its interests and copyrights on the Website materials protected in accordance with legislation.
The user confirms that he has read and unconditionally accepts all the clauses of this Agreement.
modified power tiller to mini tractor by village Farmer
Choice of power tiller
Virtually any single axle tractor can be successfully converted to a mini tractor. Nevertheless, it is important to understand that if the initial unit does not meet certain criteria, the resulting unit will not be able to effectively and efficiently cope with its tasks. For example, if the engine power is low, it may not have enough tractive force to bear not only the standard load when working with attachments, but also additional. in the form of not initially taken into account additional structures and body weight of the operator. Therefore, when choosing a unit for conversion, it is important to consider its characteristics:
- Power must be matched to the area of the site and the loads planned for the unit;
- Type of fuel. it is best to be guided by the criterion of practicality, so for a mini-tractor, diesel fuel will be optimal, due to the economy of its consumption on large areas;
- Massiveness must be sufficient for the device to cope well with hard soil. Unlike a power tiller, on the lightness of which depends on its maneuverability, in this case, the low weight will serve as a disadvantage;
- Cost is an important criterion, considering that one of the purposes of re-equipment is just to save money. Therefore, if choosing a new single-axle tractor for conversion, it is better to choose an inexpensive domestic model with a quality and powerful engine.
Among Russian-made small agricultural units such brands as Argo, Neva, Kentavr, MT3, Zubr are especially suitable for converting from a power tiller to a mini-tractor. Most models of these manufacturers meet all of the above criteria. According to the demand for them and feedback from owners, we can judge that these devices have proven to be reliable and economical equipment, easy to use and easy to repair, thanks to the availability of spare parts. Below we will consider as an example a mini-tractor, converted from a power tiller Agros.