Lawnmower tires. How to read the numbers on the sidewall of a lawn mower tires
Tips for maintenance
If you give proper attention to your power tiller tires their service life will be prolonged as well as the service life of other assemblies and machine parts. Therefore, it is worth adhering to a few simple rules:
- When using directional tires on your power tiller, check the arrow marking on the side of the tire. It indicates the direction of rotation that will provide the best traction with the ground and the maximum traction power;
- Never run your power tiller if the tire pressure is too low. that would cause premature tread wear. Because of this, the rubber may have breaks and the cords may peel off. Wheel slippage is a possibility. In addition, gasoline consumption during such operation will increase;
- What tire pressure should be on the tires on your power tiller. excessive pressure is not desirable. it will lead to premature tread wear;
- if the grip on loose ground is insufficient, do not increase the gauge reading to improve it. In such a case, special tire weights are mounted on the wheels;
- to improve stability of the machine on uneven ground and to increase ground clearance while working in high crops, wheels of larger diameter should be installed in the place of the driving wheels;
- each time after work, clean the treads of your power tiller from clogged soil, stuck pebbles and foreign objects. Keep machinery in a dry, ventilated area;
- when storing the single-axle tractor for a long time, it should be suspended or mounted on supports so that its wheels do not touch the ground. To prevent cracking and premature aging of the tires, tires should be inflated to 2 bar during storage.
Important! on tires manufacturer specifies maximum allowable parameters of pressure for a given rubber. The oil pressure is not a recommendation for inflation. These are generally too high!
Nominal air pressure
The amount of garnishment is usually indicated in the instruction manual for the machine, as well as on the sidewall of the tire. For most power tillers the pressure is set in a range from 1.6 to 2.0 bars. For snow blowers 1.6 to 1.8 bar.
On power tillers Neva, Salut, Oka, Kaskad, Luch, Celina, MB-1 manufacturers recommend pressure in the cameras in the summertime. 1.8 bar (increasing with a load up to 2 bar), in winter. 1.7 bar (under load up to 1.9 bar). Here it is necessary to clarify that the load is considered performance of agricultural operations, and without load. transportation and driving with a trailer.
I personally had the experience of working on a flat tire, the pressure was about 1 bar. After plowing three acres of land the nipple turned and came off the tube. After the purchase of snow blower and the first day of operation, I noticed that the nipples stick out obliquely from the holes of the disk. in the store had pumped the wheel a little bit and if you have not noticed it in time. waiting for the replacement of the cameras. Therefore, you need to look at the position of the nipple, it will immediately indicate the rotation of the chamber.
By the way, if someone comes in handy: to return a slightly rotated nipple to its normal position is possible by deflating the pressure in the tube completely and holding the nipple with one hand to not let go, the second hand, tightly gripping the tube through the tire, turn it in the direction of the nipple tilt.
After leveling, hold the nipple and inflate the wheel.
To increase the life of your power tiller or snow blower wheels, you need to:
when fitting directional tires, fit them according to the arrow marking on the tire sidewall. The arrow points in the direction of rotation to give the best traction. No need to cut the wheels. put herringbone backwards, so the tread will be quickly choked and the wheel will be slipping. Directional rubber has a self-cleaning ground hitch that brushes off dirt if installed and moves the arrow toward the ground.
keep the tire pressure within the permissible range. Reduced pressure results in damaged tubes, less traction, increased fuel consumption, tire wear, and overloading of the machine.
Clean all soil, loose stones, and foreign bodies from the tire tread after the work is done.
tires on single axle tractor or snow blower should be inflated to 2 bar to avoid cracking and premature ageing of rubber.
Table of permissible tire pressures for power tillers
|Neva||all||L-355/Tire size 4.00-10/camera size-4.00-10||1.8||1.8||2||2||1.7||1.7||1.9||1.9|
|Oka||all||L-355/Tire size 4.00-10 / Tire size 4.00-10||1.8||1.8||2||2||1.7||1.7||1.9||1.9|
|Cascade||all||L-355/Tire size 4.00-10/ Tire size 4.00-10||1.8||1.8||2||2||1.7||1.7||1.9||1.9|
|Beam||all||L-355/Tire size 4.00-10/camera size- 4.00-10||1.8||1.8||2||2||1.7||1.7||1.9||1.9|
|Celina||all||L-355/Tire size 4.00-10/camera size-4.00-10||1.8||1.8||2||2||1.7||1.7||1.9||1.9|
|MB-1||all||L-355/Tire size 4.00-10/ Chamber size- 4.00-10||1.8||1.8||2||2||1.7||1.7||1.9||1.9|
Service for power tiller
Servicing of the power tiller consists of performing a number of tasks to ensure trouble-free and safe operation of the machine during its entire service life. Activities include oil changes in your power tiller, checking and preventive maintenance of engine systems, adjustment of control mechanisms, tire care, etc.п.
the single-axle tractor must be cleaned of dirt and placed in a horizontal position, supported by a third wheel (if available) or a stand that ensures the stability of the machine.
- Oil level in engine crankcase, gearbox, clutch.
- Tighten the threaded joints securely.
- Condition of safety devices.
- Tire pressure.
The service intervals are determined by the manufacturer according to the properties of the components and materials used. Approximate service intervals, at which the machine should be serviced and adjusted, are given in the Service intervals table below.
|Service performed||After each use||After 5 hours||After 25 hours||Every 50 hours||After 100 hours or once a season||As required|
|Clean the Moto-Block and subassemblies|
|Check the air filter|
|Changing the air filter|
|Checking spark plugs|
|Replace spark plug|
|Engine Crankcase Oil Change|
|Gearbox and clutch oil change|
|Lubricating control cables|
|Adjusting clutch cable|
|Exhaust silencer replacement|
|Adjusting V-belt tension|
- Check the oil level in the engine crankcase, change it regularly.
- Ignition system service (check and replace spark plug, check clearance between ignition coil and magnet).
- Servicing of fuel system (check tightness of system, clean fuel and air filters, adjust carburetor, etc.).).
If the engine is running or has just been shut down, the parts may be very hot, so be careful not to touch them with your bare hands to avoid getting burned.
Engine lubrication system. If a single-axle tractor has been purchased without oil in the engine crankcase, it should be filled in during preparation for work. Gasoline engine oils with SAE and API viscosity grades are used for engine lubrication. For specific oil types, see your power tiller operator’s manual. SunGarden recommends to use for this engine oil of such grades as SF, SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM according to API (where S stands for “four cycle petrol engines”) or SAE following the chart below.
Select oil viscosity according to ambient temperature (SAE classification)
- Unscrew cap on oil filler neck.
- Unscrew the oil drain plug.
- Drain oil into a suitable container (10-15 min).
- Screw in oil filler cap.
- Pour in oil up to the required level (level can be checked with a dipstick).
- Cap is screwed in.
Oil fill/drain holes on the SunGarden tiller engine
For example, on a SunGarden power tiller, oil must be filled to the bottom of the oil filler neck.
Ignition system. Motorcycles usually have a non-contact electronic ignition system consisting of a magnet wire built into the flywheel, an ignition coil, a high-voltage wire, and a spark plug. The ignition coil and ignition advance angle are set at the factory and do not usually require adjustment. Maintenance of your power tiller is limited to checking the spark plug condition. every 25 hours of work. or replacing it. After 100 hours of work.
To check or replace the spark plug, remove the cap from the ignition coil and unscrew it with a spark plug wrench. Check for carbon deposits and measure the gap between the electrodes with a feeler gauge. Depending on the brand of plug, the latter should be about 0.8 mm (different manufacturers give different recommendations). If there is soot deposits, the spark plugs should be cleaned. The condition of the threaded part of the spark plug and its skirt is also checked. If there is any damage (cracks on the housing, worn electrodes, crumpled threads) the spark plug must be replaced.
The gap between the magneto and ignition coil is checked on some models of power tillers. The figure below shows the clearance adjustment diagram for the Cascade MB6. The necessary distance between the ignition coil 1 and the magnetic shoe 3 is set by unscrewing the screws 2 and shifting the coil relative to the flywheel.
Ignition mechanism and ignition system of Cascade MB6: 1. Starter knob, 2. fan housing, 3. plug protector, 4. cylinder, 5. cylinder head, 6. magneto, 7. flywheel.
Air filter. The air filter cleans the air entering the carburettor. When it is contaminated, the qualitative and quantitative composition of the fuel mixture is disturbed, resulting in a malfunction of the engine. The condition of the air filter should be checked every 5 hours of operation. Clean or change the filter after every 50 hours of operation.
To clean the air filter, you must remove its cover, remove the filter element (there may be several) and clean it. Cleaning technology depends on the filter material and is described in the manual. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean paper filters and gently tap them against a hard surface. Foam filters should be washed with water and some household detergent and dried.
Air filters on some models of power tillers are in an oil bath or soaked in oil. In this case you must soak the filter in oil again after cleaning it or change the oil in the filter housing.
Carburetor. The first adjustment of the power tiller carburetor is made at the factory. Some power tiller manufacturers do not mention the necessity of carburetor adjustment in manuals at all, wishing to protect this delicate and capricious mechanism from interference of inexperienced users. Those manufacturers that include this feature have limited recommendations for idle speed adjustment to the procedures given in the owner’s manual. The essence of any idle speed adjustment is to achieve stable engine operation at minimum rpm. Adjusting the carburetor of your power tiller according to the manual for another power tiller (engine) may cause engine damage.
- Unscrew the oil filler plug (with dipstick).
- Unscrew the oil drain plug and drain oil into a suitable container within 15 minutes.
- Screw in oil filler plug.
- Pour clean oil to the required level (check with a dipstick).
- Screw in the oil fill plug.
V-belt drives. Check the tension of the belts every 25-30 hours. Belts are replaced if they are broken, cracked to the depth of the carrier layer, delamination more than 1/3 of the belt length and it is impossible to compensate belt elongation by tensioning mechanisms.
Filling the power tiller
The octane rating of the gasoline used on your power tool must correspond to the information in the owner’s manual. If you buy an imported power tool, it is generally recommended to use gasoline with a higher octane rating than 92. The fuel should be filled no higher than the lower edge of the neck, too full tank can lead to leaks and the risk of fire.
Check the fuel system for leaks before each start-up. Any leaks detected are corrected.
Starting the power tiller
- Open the fuel tap, wait 2-3 minutes to fill the carburetor with gasoline.
- Turn the gas pedal control to the center position.
- Close the carburetor choke (if the engine is cold). Do not turn the choke all the way to the middle position when starting a warm engine.к. It can lead to an over-enrichment of the fuel mixture and engine failure.
- After making sure the motoblock is stable, slowly pull on the cable until the engine starts the fuel compression cycle (at this point the cable will offer a little more resistance). Now pull the rope in a quick, continuous movement that takes up the entire arm’s length. Hold the starter grip and let the rope slowly wind back onto the spool. Do not hit the starter grip on the starter.
- in case the engine fails to start repeat the attempt with the choke open. If after the second attempt the engine does not start, wait 2-3 min for the carburettor to be filled with petrol and repeat the attempt with the choke closed and the choke open alternately.
- After starting the engine, open the choke shutter by turning its lever counterclockwise as far as it will go.
- Set the throttle lever low speed and warm up the engine in this mode for 2-3 minutes.
If you have started with the choke closed more than twice and gasoline is dripping from the carburetor, close the fuel cock, open the choke, and pull the starter cord five to seven times. After starting the engine open the fuel cock and turn down the engine at low rpm to warm it up.
To stop the engine, turn the throttle grip all the way to the STOP position. Close the fuel tap.
Storage of the Moto-Block
- Clean the single-axle tractor of dirt.
- Drain fuel from the tank and carburetor.
- Drain oil from engine crankcase.
- After unscrewing the plug, pour 20 g of pure engine oil into the engine. Plug the hole with a rag and turn the crankshaft several times, then replace the spark plug without putting on the cap.
- When storing for more than 3 months, place the single-axle tractor on stands, unloading the tires.
With regard to the oil in the gearbox and clutch manufacturers recommendations may differ. Some recommend draining the oil when storing the motoblock, others. Change it for fresh one.
For example, a cargo trailer for a car or power harvester model UAZ-8109 (Ishimmashzavod) allows only 1.1 atmospheres. The Skif-500 and Skif-700 models are designed for the same value. Boat trailer tire pressure not to drop below 2 atmospheres.
The correct tire pressure for many vehicles is considered to be in the range of 2 to 2.5 atmospheres, which contributes not only to driving safety, but also to savings in fuel consumption. Note that the optimum pressure may vary depending on the vehicle.
Winter storage checklist
This instruction manual is for winter storage in an unheated area:
- Clean heavy soiling from the body of the power tiller and clean the tiller from clogged soil.
- Inspect single axle tractor for visible damage and check mechanical fasteners.
- Plan measures to correct any technical faults discovered during operation.
- Remove the battery, fully charge it, and store it in a heated area until seasonal work begins.
- Drain coolant if water is used.
- Drain fuel if fuel leaks, e.g., drips on fuel filter when faucet is closed.
According to the owner’s manual, it is always recommended to drain the fuel whenever the power tiller is not used for more than 1 month.
Standard (for European manufacturers) pressure for tubeless tire 16.9-28 2,6 atm.
|MTZ 80||all (all)||2.5|
Watch out for trailer tire pressure. It must be 2.0-2.2 kgf/sq. cm. This will increase the service life of the tires.
Tire manufacturer 9.00×16 are Russian.Tire 9,00-16 Ya-324A 2PTS4.
|Tire pressure, corresponding to maximum load, kPa||350|
|Maximum speed, km/h||35|
What’s the wheel pressure on a tractor trailer?
|Unloaded body lowering time, sec, not more||60|
|Tires||9.00-16 model Ya-324A or NKF 8|
|Tire pressure, MPa (kgf/cm2)||0,35(3,5)|