The line is great for working on uneven terrain as it does not get damaged when it comes into contact with rocks and other obstacles. But she only copes with small grass. Dense vegetation, thick weeds and shrubs are too tough for her.
If you stop at the line, keep in mind that it differs in the shape of the section:
- Round. It cuts grass and small dry shrubs like burdock well. Considered a versatile option.
- Square. Cuts only thick grass.
- Star-shaped. It is the softest. Used for mowing the lawn when you need the grass to recover quickly.
Don’t buy a string trimmer until you see this! The Dewalt 60v string trimmer is simply AMAZING
Thus, a star line tool is suitable for lawn maintenance. For mowing thick grass. with a square one. If you need a versatile model. choose a grass trimmer for grass with a round line.
Cordless grass trimmers
The cordless grass trimmers are also equipped with an electric motor. But they no longer work from the mains, but from the battery. Thus, their main advantages (lightness and noiselessness) are preserved and the key disadvantage (limited mobility) is eliminated.
- silent work;
- no restrictions on mobility;
- a light weight;
- fast charging;
- a large spread in power (there are productive models);
- environmental friendliness (no harmful emissions).
- short operating time. up to 45 minutes (depending on battery capacity);
- the need for constant recharging;
- average performance (compared to gas trimmers);
- high price (higher than that of electric models).
Despite their advantages, battery models have received very limited distribution. Due to the high price, they are usually taken only for the maintenance of the backyard area, where there is no access to electricity. Or for the improvement of areas around kindergartens, schools and other similar institutions (so as not to pollute the air with harmful emissions and not make much noise).
The second key point to decide before choosing a grass trimmer for your grass is the cutting part. After all, its effectiveness depends on it (i.e. how well it can cut weeds). There are also different options to choose from:
- fishing line;
- line bobbin;
- nylon brush;
- cutting disc;
- rotor system.
The most widespread are 2 options: fishing line and knives. Both have their own characteristics that must be taken into account.
This parameter depends on the length of the knife. Or from the maximum extension of the fishing line, if it is she who is used. It varies within 200-420 mm.
Which Shape CUTS BEST? (Weed Eater Line at 100,000 Frames Per Second). Smarter Every Day 238
Recommendations for which grass trimmer to choose are as follows:
- for a plot in the country. 250-260 mm;
- for the maintenance of the territory around multi-storey buildings. 270-300 mm;
- for large lawns. 320-420 mm.
How comfortable it will be to work with it depends on the weight of the garden tool. And how long can you mow the grass with him without feeling tired. Typically, the weight ranges from 1.5 to 9 kg.
It is clear that it would be logical to take the lightest model. But the weight depends on the type of tool, and it is this parameter that is selected in the first place. Therefore, only such recommendations can be given here:
- if you have access to an outlet, choose an electric grass trimmer for 4-5 kg;
- in the absence of access to the network, take a petrol trimmer for 6-9 kg;
- for giving you can take a light electric model for 1-3 kg.
Determining the technical characteristics of the grass trimmer
Having decided on the type of tool and its cutting part, we proceed to the next step. the selection of the model that is optimal in terms of technical parameters. This needs to be approached as carefully as possible, because what tasks it can perform directly depends on the characteristics of the tool.
So, the first thing to look at before choosing a garden grass trimmer is power. The larger it is, the faster the cutting mechanism rotates. And the more area you can handle.
Recommendations for choosing a grass trimmer for grass are as follows:
- for caring for a small area. 250-700 W;
- for leaving an average area of the territory. 500-1000 W;
- for the care of a large area. 900-1800 W.
How to Cut Grass with String Trimmer
The large spread in numbers is explained by the fact that the tool can be used for different tasks. For example, in the country, there may be a small area that you will take care of a couple of times a month, or there may be a lawn that will have to be mowed regularly. It is clear that for mowing a large volume of grass, you will need a more powerful model.
How to choose the right grass trimmer for your grass
It is not necessary to use a lawn mower to mow the grass in the country, to care for the garden or park. The grass trimmer does this job well. Lightweight, compact, easy to operate. it is considered an excellent solution for mowing grass and weeds. Due to its availability, the grass trimmer has become even more widespread (it is actively used by both summer residents and utility workers).
Gas trimmers are equipped with an internal combustion engine. In addition to their boom, a tank is attached, which significantly increases the overall weight. But there are no wires here, which provides complete mobility.
With this trimmer, you can move freely throughout the area. And even take it with you when working in places where there is no access to electricity. Most often, such models are used in large enterprises and utilities. Although they are also found among summer residents.
- high performance;
- reliable construction;
- versatility (suitable for domestic and commercial use);
- permanent item of fuel costs;
- air pollution;
- heavy weight.